Refs - Wats going on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hamza » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:32 pm

In light of Mike Rilays insane disation not to award liverpool at least one clear cut pentaly is beyond me.

After the game i was just thinking wat has happened to our refs. I mean thinking back to Kulverts goal a few weeks ago how the hell was that givin all this first and second phase stuff is Bull, the main fact of the matter is that theyt don't even know what its all about, and what is the point in linesmen that can t even telll the ref about penalty claims or anything expet offside. Another thing is the overcelabrating rule how can that be i mean Cahill got sent off for lifting his shirt off i no he was booked but wat is wrong with taking ur shirt off he had nothing offensive written on it ????
And another thing Rileys excuse for not giving that penalty against us was he though another offense was about to happen then he said ball to hand, so since when do refs anticipate offenses and that body cheack by Gallas on Pongolle surley the linesman would have seen it he was right next to Finnan when he took the throw in

Ur thoughts please
Hamza

Postby Djiin » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:30 am

he is SCUM! :devil:  :angry:
Djiin

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:52 am

Okay, I went through our fixtures so far and have gone through every tie/loss and picked out decisions that have cost us points.  It comes out to only 2 games where i thought the officiating came out clean and I'll add some points to our score for the new outcome.

Tottenham - Gerrard gets dragged down in the box +2

Bolton - Garcia's goal is disallowed +1

Man U - Both of their goals are scored from deadball situations that shouldn't have been. +3

Blackburn - Not a bad call but just Ironic, they snap Cise's leg and they score in the added time from it +2

Middlesborough - Goal disallowed and then their second goal was offsides +1

Chelsea.......... +3

This all adds up to 12 points, which would put us 1 point behind Arsenal and assuming that we had beaten chelsea only 3 points out of first. I know there is no use dwelling in the past, but before anyone even considers slagging off Rafa (not that anyone would) imagine what would have been if the refs had been decent and injuries not so severe.

Btw I am a referee myself, and with the extra time at the end Riley was making Chelsea clear it because he had a guilty conscience.  His thinking was that if Liverpool deserved to draw then they should do it then.  I know I've made a few bad calls and whenever I do I always slant the extra time towards the disadvantaged party.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:10 pm

O i forgot during Birmingham Muzzy izzet cleared off the line with his hand.  The ref did nothing, actually the next game Muzzy Izzet did the same thing and got a red card.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion