BRIGHTON VS LIVERPOOL - 19.45 - carling cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 am

We must emulate Spurs example of being able to comeback strong despite being thrashed 3-0 and 5-1 in 2 games. The 2-1 win will be a confidence booster and hope to see better things to come and no more "Spurs Horror Show" again please.
alwayslfc

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 am

Thought we played well first half and should have had the game won by half time.

Kelly looked a bit rusty and vulnerable at times but first game back can understand that.

Bellamy was outstanding and must stay in the side.

Carragher looked solid.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:54 am

Couldn't believe my luck last night. I had already got tickets for the game last night courtesy of my friend on the Brighton Physio team. Problem was I would be with the home support. I never need to worry.

Turns out my ticket was in the hospitality area. Craig Noone, obviously a scouser, had 20 odd of his family down from Liverpool for the game. I was sat with them. So we had our own little Liverpool section in the Brighton end.

Made up :)
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:19 am

I'm hoping Kenny keeps the Bellamy/Suarez thing going for a while now. they both looked like they had the understanding and the football is far better when we have 2 quick skillful players up front. Cut our loses with Carroll I'm afraid.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Couldn't believe my luck last night. I had already got tickets for the game last night courtesy of my friend on the Brighton Physio team. Problem was I would be with the home support. I never need to worry.

Turns out my ticket was in the hospitality area. Craig Noone, obviously a scouser, had 20 odd of his family down from Liverpool for the game. I was sat with them. So we had our own little Liverpool section in the Brighton end.

Made up :)

awesome stuff mate! :buttrock

you felt like a VIP didn't you? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:I'm hoping Kenny keeps the Bellamy/Suarez thing going for a while now. they both looked like they had the understanding and the football is far better when we have 2 quick skillful players up front. Cut our loses with Carroll I'm afraid.

Bellamy & Suarez are a no brainer after this display. I'll be surprised to see Carroll start the next game if we want to take 3 points. The only hope for Carroll is for Gerrard to provide the crosses to him.
killerp

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:36 am

anyone want to watch the highlights can do so here...

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011....eo-2011
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:Great to see Gerrard back looks pretty comfertable with the ball.

Bellamy MOTM for me ,not only did he score and set the other one he looks passionate and is just instant impact on the game ,i really like the little lad.

What continues to worry is our defence ,i mean at this stage only enrique looks as a solid defender. Today Kelly ,Coates ,Carra ,Robinson really really poor.

Lucas and Spearing (what are you doing kid???) were also very poor.

Decent result ,not a convincing display.

What a load of bollox. I was at the game and I thought The defence was fine, Carragher in fact made a couple of quality clearances. Lucas hardly put a foot wrong.

If anything Kuyt was disappointing. Good goal but gave away possession. Coates looked nervous at times. Spearing was an idiot for the pen.

What I always say about Kuyt. Always awful during a whole match, then papering it over once in a while with a goal.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:31 am

Kuyt played a big part in our first half.
Zidane

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 am

Well, it got a little ropey in the second half but the result was a good one.  Both goals were very well taken and we were unlucky not to have more in the first half.  The movement of Bellamy and Suarez was excellent and, unlike some, I thought Kuyt did excellent work in the first half playing some very nice give and goes and providing width on the right.  I'm getting a little bit concerned by Suarez's (lack of) finishing but he just needs one to go in and the floodgates will hopefully open up.  Exciting stuff in partnership with Bellamy--those two will cause any defense massive problems.

As for the second half, it was always in the cards when we didn't grab a second (or third) goal during our first half dominance.  When minnows are able to keep the scoreline close for a stretch they grow in belief that they might just nab a famous scalp.  Sure enough, once Noone and their other wide player started trying to get in behind, their whole team picked it up a few gears and had us on the ropes a couple of times.  Another lesson in the value of killing a game off early (although, we were unlucky with all the woodwork we hit...what a FK from Bellamy :O ).

Final note--how fantastic was it to see Gerrard back on the pitch?  There were a few misplaced passes and 50-50 balls that he had to stretch for and I was having kittens that he'd do his groin again, but he seemed to come through with no difficulty.  Loved when he got called for the foul and he was straight away having a go at the ref.  Nice to have you back, son. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Penguins wrote:What I always say about Kuyt. Always awful during a whole match, then papering it over once in a while with a goal.

clueless
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Good in first half and rubbish after the break. Again the two faces of Liverpool show themselves at Brighton. Few sides with Spearing and Lucas in the engine room would prosper and neither did we over the piece. The latter has supporters, player of the year and that, but thats possibly a case that if you tell yourself something, like hes a good player, enough, you will actually beleive it. In reality Lucas is ordinary. The kid Spearing is out of his depth and I doubt would get game time with the Seagulls let alone Liverpool. Noone from non league showed great play, seen him several times for Southport, a Liam Watson prodigy, and a livewire. Bellamy was a highlight for us all game but overall any good play was all stuffed into the first period, and beyond that it was pretty dull and you would have to say a dissapointment. A room for improvement verdict from me.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games