Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Enrique v alvaro perreira - Battle of the left backs

Jose Enrique
77%
Alvaro Perreira
23%

Total votes : 13

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Well we have been linked with both players in the last week, some of the british papers think that Enrique will be a Liverpool player soon after his outburst on twitter, while Portuguese reports think that Perreira will sign for LFC in the ''next few days''. All rumors of course but who would you prefer and why?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Enrique for me - cheaper option and an established premier league defender and it leaves a little more money aside so we can (HOPEFULLY!!) get a centre back in

I'd be happy with either though in all seriousness, we need the situation addressed and either would at least acknowledge what has been our weakness for years now
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 pm

At this point Enrique, mostly because of what Greav said.  He's an established prem player.  I'd be shocked if he didn't leave Newcastle this summer and nobody really seems interested, so we could get him on the cheap.  Perreira would cost twice as much, but defensively isn't as good.  I watched most of Uruguay's matches in he Copa America and I always felt he was their worst player.  He was just goofy and seemed unproductive.  Sure he scored a goal against Argentina, but it was a tap-in because i was there after the ball got nipped around in the box a whole bunch of times.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Enrique for me, only problem is, is that because he has perm experience and Newcastle know we are desperate we will end up shelling out over the odds for him.

If we can shave off 3 or 4 off the wage bill in the next few weeks we will be in a great position to bring someone in.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm

I actually haven't voted on this one yet.  I think both are decent players and would improve us.  However, that being said, I don't think the improvement would be so vast that signing either would really make a huge difference.  With a gaggle of choices in Johnson, Flanagan, Robinson,Insua, and Aurellio I think we've got enough options on the LB position to cover us for the season.  My point here is that I don't see enough value in improvement for spending money on a LB who isn't top class.

The only way I see it wise to spend on a LB is if it is someone who remarkably improves our starting XI.  If Baines or Cissoko were the choices I'd be all for laying out more cash to nail down the position for years to come.  As it is now I'd rather see us buy either Cahill or Dann and another striker for depth.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:26 pm

like everyone else I haven't really seen each play a game of football so I'll vote Enrique cause we might be actually about to get him :)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 pm

That Perreira lad is linked with Chelsea
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Really? They got luiz though. Guess he must be out long term.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Greavesie wrote:That Perreira lad is linked with Chelsea

Chelsea are getting the shitty end of the stick i think we have the better 1 of the 2.
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls