Breaking news - Gerrard to miss start of season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:32 pm

dundreamin wrote:something doesn't seem right.maybe the rumours about his injury being worse than initially admitted are true. Maybe thats why we bought so many midfielders

You catch on quick  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:04 pm

i once had a groin infection........... a weeks worth of anibiotics cleared it up tho..... :D

but seriously at the end of last year we played much better without him..... really gives the likes of Henderson and Adam a chance to stamp some authority!
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:19 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:i once had a groin infection........... a weeks worth of anibiotics cleared it up tho..... :D

but seriously at the end of last year we played much better without him..... really gives the likes of Henderson and Adam a chance to stamp some authority!

we played better without him because he played more under Roy than Kenny
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:25 pm

still the same player regardless of manager.......

He gave the ball away too often and he tried far too hard, even under the king, hopefully this break gives him some perspective, and he come back fitter than he has been for the last 12months.

Yes, he has been our most influential player of the last 5 years, and for me is still the heart and soul of the club!......... However as the old cliché goes "theirs no I, in Team"!!!!

Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:still the same player regardless of manager.......

He gave the ball away too often and he tried far too hard, even under the king, hopefully this break gives him some perspective, and he come back fitter than he has been for the last 12months.

Yes, he has been our most influential player of the last 5 years, and for me is still the heart and soul of the club!......... However as the old cliché goes "theirs no I, in Team"!!!!

He played 5 games under the King and in those five games the team lost once
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 pm

metalhead wrote:
Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:still the same player regardless of manager.......

He played 5 games under the King and in those five games the team lost once

Game 1: Fulham

1-0 win - nothing special played deeper with Meireles playing off Torres, own goal gave us the win. prob give him a 7/10

Game 2: Stoke

2-0 Win - totally outshone by Meireles & Suarez (who scored on home Debut). Again maybe 7/10

Game 3: Chelsea

1-0 Win - Solid display, however team was led by Carragher, again Meirieles Played Better. 7/10

Game 4: West Ham
1-3 Loss - after 3 games out through injury came back in and totally unbalanced the team causing us a defeat against a poor team. 4/10

Game 5. Manc Scum
3-0 Win - solid game, overshadowed by the Magical Suarez & a Dirk hat-trick. 7/10

So all in all, i don't think he had any great games under Kenny.

Look i'm not slating him but i genuinly believe that if he was fit from the beginning of the season it would restrict Henderson & Adams' Growth.

I'm Looking forward to the two new boys to getting some experience then be joined by a fully fit rocking Stevie G in September!!
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion