500,000 public sector jobs will go

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
stmichael wrote:i'm in a position where i'm one of the fortunate ones who have a job. as i'm sure you are aware (and you may have watched question time last night), boro where i live, is the least well equipped town in the country to cope with these cuts. 50% of jobs up here are in the public sector. when the government lets a company such as corus go to the wall you have to ask questions though.

just thank your luck stars. i was offered a ticket for question time last night (it was held where i work) but i was too busy watching our game. :oops:

the problem is that 50% of the workers in boro (using your figures) are being paid for by the taxpayers. The tax the other half pay for is nowhere near enough to pay for them. the public sector is way overstaffed.

why is there so little industry/entrepreunship in boro? I bet most people there don't go to university and few learn the cutting edge technology required to create wealth in the 21st century.

Do you do anything other than f*cking moan and generally be a bitter sounding c*nt?

I don't think about you, so please stop thinking about me.

debate the issues if you can.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:21 pm

State controlled economies do not prosper, governments are not businessmen they are administrators. Economic wealth has always been founded on the commercial prowess of private individuals creating successful enterprises and driving them forward. It is the role of governments (amongst other roles) to create the necessary financial environment to assist in creating success and to educate the workforce to be at such a level to improve productivity. En-mass public sector administrative jobs for the sake of reducing unemployment (Labour government policy under Brown) play no role in creating economic success, quite the opposite they are drain on resources, not a creator of revenue.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Reg wrote:State controlled economies do not prosper, governments are not businessmen they are administrators. Economic wealth has always been founded on the commercial prowess of private individuals creating successful enterprises and driving them forward. It is the role of governments (amongst other roles) to create the necessary financial environment to assist in creating success and to educate the workforce to be at such a level to improve productivity. En-mass public sector administrative jobs for the sake of reducing unemployment (Labour government policy under Brown) play no role in creating economic success, quite the opposite they are drain on resources, not a creator of revenue.

listen to this guy.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:40 pm

why is there so little industry/entrepreunship in boro? I bet most people there don't go to university and few learn the cutting edge technology required to create wealth in the 21st century.

Sums you up you little tit.
roberto green

Postby Big Niall » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 pm

roberto green wrote:

Sums you up you little tit.

You don't seem to be able to apply reason to your argument.

Somebody from boro said that half the workforce are in the public sector so by definition there is a low level of private enterprise there. Also, boro came rock bottom on a list  of quality of life for the UK (which had a heavy weighting on education).

I stated that in the 21st century people need to acquire a high level of education as the more manual work will be outsourced to lower cost countries.

How does this make me a tit? and please try to be logical instead of just using petty insults.
Last edited by Big Niall on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:29 pm

The UK gov announced £6bn in cuts, however - here in Ireland our guys have just announced €6n (about £5.2bn) of cuts in a country with just 5m people.

Soup and beans for the next 4 years. :(
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum