500,000 public sector jobs will go

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm

lakes10 wrote:ok, yes i feel sorry for any one that has their job axed......jobs like the police should be jobs for life.

why should a policeman have a job for life?

why do you think he should have more job security than the rest of us? if our employer needs to cut back, he cuts back staff, starting with the least needed so why should he/she be any different?

Also, even if the economy was in great shape, should a fat useless unmotivated lazy cop (there such people in every occupation) get to keep their jobs? should lousy teachers get to keep theirs?

I think the coalition is doing a very good job. CUTS need to be made, how can you spend more than you make every year? do you the size of the deficit and the national debt?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:31 pm

zarababe wrote:
Reg wrote:Good news, maybe we'll get people creating wealth rather than bleeding the system dry.

Government expenditure is crazy high, social services, education, national health, pensions etc.. so we need the nation earning money, creating wealth to creat sufficient tax income for teh government to pay for the benefits we receive.

2+2 does not equal 36.

Otherwise lads, we'll all have to work longer to pay for it all and I certainly dont want that.

Yes..... now they can all live of the state 'unemployed' ..

it is better for the government to pay them the dole than to be paying them tens of thousands on wages every year.

also, some that lose their job will start their own business or find work in the private sector and thereby help drive the economy.

massive layoffs are needed as labour let the public sector get  fat and lazy and waste is rampant.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Big Niall wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Reg wrote:Good news, maybe we'll get people creating wealth rather than bleeding the system dry.

Government expenditure is crazy high, social services, education, national health, pensions etc.. so we need the nation earning money, creating wealth to creat sufficient tax income for teh government to pay for the benefits we receive.

2+2 does not equal 36.

Otherwise lads, we'll all have to work longer to pay for it all and I certainly dont want that.

it is better for the government to pay them the dole than to be paying them tens of thousands on wages every year.

also, some that lose their job will start their own business or find work in the private sector and thereby help drive the economy.

massive layoffs are needed as labour let the public sector get  fat and lazy and waste is rampant.

Yes.. they can start their onw businesses, in an economy where businesses are going to the wall  :help

500,000 people... no-one is gonna walk in to another job and starting your on venture in this climate... good-luck !

Lets not cover-up over the cracks.. 500,000 job losses wil have its impact.. just be prepared for it OK !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:43 pm

zarababe wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
zarababe wrote:

2+2 does not equal 36.

Yes.. they can start their onw businesses, in an economy where businesses are going to the wall  :help

500,000 people... no-one is gonna walk in to another job and starting your on venture in this climate... good-luck !

Lets not cover-up over the cracks.. 500,000 job losses wil have its impact.. just be prepared for it OK !

where is the money to pay the wages of these 500,000 people going to come from. You need to work out how much this will cost annd then come up with tax rises to pay for it (tax the rich isn't a policy, it is a bumper sticker - numbers please)

alos, many hugely successful companies start up in recessions (the 1970s was a time of recession, massive inflation, two oil crises etc and yet microsoft, apple etc were founded)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:47 pm

well at least they are also planning to reduce the costs of the royal family by 14% over the next 4 years. cuts like this can only be fair if government officials themselves take a salary cut.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby zarababe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:48 pm

.. all sounds great...just be prepared for the fall out and.. those 'lazy bastardos on the dole' scenario :;):

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:54 pm

i'm in a position where i'm one of the fortunate ones who have a job. as i'm sure you are aware (and you may have watched question time last night), boro where i live, is the least well equipped town in the country to cope with these cuts. 50% of jobs up here are in the public sector. when the government lets a company such as corus go to the wall you have to ask questions though.

just thank your luck stars. i was offered a ticket for question time last night (it was held where i work) but i was too busy watching our game. :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

stmichael wrote:i'm in a position where i'm one of the fortunate ones who have a job. as i'm sure you are aware (and you may have watched question time last night), boro where i live, is the least well equipped town in the country to cope with these cuts. 50% of jobs up here are in the public sector. when the government lets a company such as corus go to the wall you have to ask questions though.

just thank your luck stars. i was offered a ticket for question time last night (it was held where i work) but i was too busy watching our game. :oops:

the problem is that 50% of the workers in boro (using your figures) are being paid for by the taxpayers. The tax the other half pay for is nowhere near enough to pay for them. the public sector is way overstaffed.

why is there so little industry/entrepreunship in boro? I bet most people there don't go to university and few learn the cutting edge technology required to create wealth in the 21st century.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:well at least they are also planning to reduce the costs of the royal family by 14% over the next 4 years. cuts like this can only be fair if government officials themselves take a salary cut.

Politicians are taking a pay cut, in fact about the only institution not cutting back is the EU, they actually want pay rises, you couldn't make it up, really you couldn't.  :no

BTW It is much cheaper to have 500,000 people on the dole as opposed to paying them wages, that is fairly simple maths.
worcester_red

Postby zarababe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Is that right.. does that take account of all the home re-possessions, defaults and reduction in consumer spending.. which will result as peopl's incomes are wiped out,  more people losing their jobs as comsumer spending dips and.. chicken and egg ..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Big Niall wrote:
stmichael wrote:i'm in a position where i'm one of the fortunate ones who have a job. as i'm sure you are aware (and you may have watched question time last night), boro where i live, is the least well equipped town in the country to cope with these cuts. 50% of jobs up here are in the public sector. when the government lets a company such as corus go to the wall you have to ask questions though.

the problem is that 50% of the workers in boro (using your figures) are being paid for by the taxpayers. The tax the other half pay for is nowhere near enough to pay for them. the public sector is way overstaffed.

why is there so little industry/entrepreunship in boro? I bet most people there don't go to university and few learn the cutting edge technology required to create wealth in the 21st century.

There needs to be far more investment in private sector business in the north, instead of Labour's lazy solution of just bloating the public sector.
Whatever people think of Osbourne, even for me the jury is out, he is surrounded by very good advisors who have their heads screwed on right. because of this I feel far safer under this government compared to the last. FFS the Labour shadow chancellor had to rush out to buy Economics 101 when he was appointed!!   :help  :no
worcester_red

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:40 pm

worcester_red wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:well at least they are also planning to reduce the costs of the royal family by 14% over the next 4 years. cuts like this can only be fair if government officials themselves take a salary cut.

Politicians are taking a pay cut, in fact about the only institution not cutting back is the EU, they actually want pay rises, you couldn't make it up, really you couldn't.  :no

BTW It is much cheaper to have 500,000 people on the dole as opposed to paying them wages, that is fairly simple maths.

im abit on the fence with regards to the EU. im pretty certain though, the the UK would save alot of money if they left the EU. the one thing i disagree with is the plans to reduce front line officers and the number of people being sent to prison as crime rates would increase for sure.

the bulk of the blame though should lie with Labour for increasing the public sector wage bill. whether or not this is a case of "drilling holes in a sinking ship to let the water out" remains to be seen.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby worcester_red » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

zarababe wrote:Is that right.. does that take account of all the home re-possessions, defaults and reduction in consumer spending.. which will result as peopl's incomes are wiped out,  more people losing their jobs as comsumer spending dips and.. chicken and egg ..

Yes it is right, why would home reposessions be bad for the economy, if anything they would fuel the property market??
500,000 cuts in the public sector can be quite easily absorbed by the economy although it is of course very unfortunate for those who loose their jobs but then so many of these jobs were bullsh1t jobs anyway. The stark reality is that if these cuts were not made then the whole country would go down the proverbial.
worcester_red

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:18 pm

zarababe wrote:Is that right.. does that take account of all the home re-possessions, defaults and reduction in consumer spending.. which will result as peopl's incomes are wiped out,  more people losing their jobs as comsumer spending dips and.. chicken and egg ..

500,000 people losing their jobs does take money out of the economy and could cause more job losses in the private sector. However, the savings far exceed the cost. Othewise, why not just hire all the unemployed into the public sector and give them 30k a year to spend (i..e pump into the economy)?

In economic terms, there is little argument against cutting 500,000 jobs.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Big Niall wrote:

Do you do anything other than f*cking moan and generally be a bitter sounding c*nt?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum