New european away shirt - Why no stars on it again/

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Why does,nt our european top have the 5 stars on it? Nearly every other club of note do,so why not us? I would actually have 5 gold stars above the badge to represent the 5 european cup wins, and 3 silver stars on bottom of badge to represent the 3 uefa cup wins. anybody got any thoughts on this topic
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Agreed I don't know why we don't. Maybe because sometimes it could be used in the league too and they would kick up a fuss. After 2005 we did have a 1 off kit which had the stars but that kit wasn't that nice. Wasn't even a proper badge, was a training shirt print on badge.

Staying on stars they were talking about City's shirt on the radio the other day and apparantely they have 3 stars on their normal home shirt and they don't even stand for anything. wtf? ???!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:12 pm

bav i think the 3 stars on the city shirt is for league titles won
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:15 pm

maybe its because we're not in the champions league?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:18 pm

It's as anti hero says - doesn't have 5 gold stars because we aren't in CL
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:29 pm

man city,s 3 stars represent the 3 decades since they won anything!! :laugh:
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:35 pm

dundreamin wrote:bav i think the 3 stars on the city shirt is for league titles won

:laugh:

No it's not. Was looking around and found the below. Turns out they actually don't represent anything.
"Manchester City Football Club would like to announce that they have commissioned a new crest to replace the round badge that has only existed since 1974. The new club crest is based on elements from the original "Arms of the City of Manchester", the crest which is still used by Manchester City PLC today and worn on the team shirt for all Wembley occasions. It retains the original shield set against an eagle taken from the Badge of the City of Manchester, dating from 1957, also originally found on the City of Manchester Crest, on the ribbon flowing from the knight's helmet. Below the shield is the new club motto "Superbia In Proelio", a Latin phrase translating to "Pride in Battle". The three stars above the eagle constitute a design element that relate a more continental feel to the design.
Who is the richest man?The number of goals they scored at home last season
Who would the English you rather play football against Scotland or Germany?The number of championships they've won most likely. I'm not sure if it's for Champion's League or for the Premiership title.
Which are the 15 better teamses of football?only trophies man city won three time in total
was the charity shield

REST OF MAN CITYS HONERS

FIRST DIVISION WINNERS

1937 1968

FA CUP WINNERS

1904 1934 1956 1969

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS

1970 1976

EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS CUP

SECOND DIVISION PLAY OF WINNERS

OR MAY BE ONE STAR FOR EVERY PLAYER BARTON ATTACKS
Tottenham v Arsenal. First goalscorer?Do they get a star every time they fire a half decent manager from a good english background.
Who does Eric Obinna Chukwynyely play for now?How many times City has finished in the top 10 in the Premier League.
Who is the captain of the LA Galaxy Soccer Team?Not sure but i think it's Barton , Ball and Pearce. I'll let you guess what the stars are about.
Why did Arsenal sell Anthony Stokes?number of decades since city won anything?
Do you think craig bellamy is all mouth or is he as hard as??I think that's what they see every time they get beaten...

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Edit sorry about that last bit. Posting from a phone,
Last edited by tubby on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:03 am

I'm not sure I like the original poster's idea of having silver stars for UEFA cup wins, seems a bit desperate.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:25 am

when we get around to winning 19 and 20, then we should go with 2 gold stars above like they do in Italy   1 star= 10 league titles.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 am

bavlondon wrote:talking about City's shirt on the radio the other day and apparantely they have 3 stars on their normal home shirt and they don't even stand for anything. wtf? ???!!!!

Perhaps they recognise their standing, a 3 star team !  :laugh:

I don't go along with putting stars on shirts, anyone who needs to know already knows what a club has achieved.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby trail_hehe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 pm

the star doesn't mean at all because our team still not win any title for premier league... but the idea for 1 star = 10 league is ok...
check FIFA World Cup 2010 full report on worldcupsouthafrica2010-report.blogspot.com
trail_hehe

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion