Sould smoking be banned? - Could be interesting...

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Sould smoking be banned? - Could be interesting...

Yes, it should be made illegal to smoke any tobacco product
13%
Smoking should be banned in all public places
47%
There should be designated areas and places where it is ok
20%
Nothing should be done, no laws need to be changed
13%
I really don't care
7%

Total votes : 15

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:26 pm

Just interested to know your opinions about smoking and this whole boring subject. As a smoker myself, I obviously don't want to see it made illegal, but I sympathise and I agree that where food is served, it should not be permisable to smoke. What do you think?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:00 pm

I don't smoke any more, but if people want to smoke then let them, we're all adults who can make up our own minds and accept the consequences. I'm in favour of having "smoking areas" in pubs etc, don't think an outright ban on smoking in public places is the answer. It's all about freedom of choice at the end of the day

I must admit though I hate sitting next to a smoker if I'm having a meal somewhere
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:12 pm

Im a smoker and can accept no smoking in work and in restaurants as well but pubs NO WAY its bad enough having to go outside for a joint  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:00 pm

I quit smoking just over 5 weeks ago and YES, BAN THE MOTHER-******! :angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:14 pm

i'm with you jbg. having gone a whole goddam week without a ciggy you can all go to hell you bunch of smelly, smug, smouldering, smart-******, smokers. thinking you look sooooo grown up with that glowing tube sticking out of your mouth like a firey teat. well let me tell you something, YOU DON'T!! ok? see if i care while you spend all your money on some  dry floor shavings that you're just going to burn anyway. and another thing - you can't even have a little tiny corner in pubs as far as i'm concerned and if you want to smoke in your own house you should have to spply for a licence which should cost at least £50,000 and then only for one corner of one room as far from the fridge as possible. and smoking should be banned while walking too. and definitely smoking and smiling should be banned because it gives a bad message to the kids, alright? and that guy standing across the road right now who looks like he's enjoying that fag so much is gonna get his any minute now.................

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:36 pm

ive never smoked in my life and never will, i find it a disgusting and horrible habit!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:24 am

i dont smoke, anyone who smokes shouuld be made to go to a post mortem and look at a smokers lungs. i went to plenty and you would be amazed by the difference between a smoker and non smoker, when you actually see the harm it does to your body i am sure you would want to quit.

i think smoking should be banned in all indoor public places
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:02 am

Take it from me: I've battled with cigarettes for the past 9 years or so, on and off. I smoked around 20 B&H a day and by last Christmas I was waking up early in the mornings with shortness of breath. That was the final sign for me to stop. I've stopped before (I was once off them for over a year) but I quit again just over 5 weeks ago and am confident I'll stay off them this time. I used to love cigerettes, but I agree with peewee, they are nasty little ******.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:08 am

my dad went to a hypnotist about 20 years ago to quit smoking and it worked for him, he never smoked since.

it did have its drawbacks though, everytime i clap my hands twice he pretends he is an alien and tries to lay an egg   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:24 am

I quit over new year, but ive started again :D , I do enjoy a ciggy, but they are horrible and they stink, it has to be the most terrible habit to stop.
Some days I use patches or chewy, but when Liverpool play I smoke about 20 :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:12 pm

I've no problem with people smoking in their own homes that is fine, what i dont agree with is when your having a nice meal somewhere and all of a sudden you get a whiff of someones second hand smoke. Its disgusting.
No offence to anyone who smokes.
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:15 pm

taff wrote:Im a smoker and can accept no smoking in work and in restaurants as well but pubs NO WAY its bad enough having to go outside for a joint  :D

Think about all the peoplke in there , especially the barstaff, who ae having to passive smoke every day even if they dont want to.
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:31 am

bartenders know that there will be smoke around... so tough on them for taknig a job.
ok, if apub serves food ban smoking there, i dont smoke when i eat. but to ban in all pubs? what next? ban alcohol?
Smoking isnt bad for you anyways, its all car fumes that erally cause the bad stuff. And how much tax do we pay on each pack towards the nhs? £3 a pack? how many smokers? 2 million? 1 packa  day. thats 6 milliona  day from smokers or 2190 million a year.
The worst thing is the recently quite smokers. Just quitters i say. Im no quitter and smoking does make me look cool. Those of you vegan non smokers non drinker pacifists out there can sotp smoking in pubs that serve food, i agree. but the day my local bans smoking is the day... i dunno, the day i get kinda angry.

Now im off for a fag, back in 10 ;)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:bartenders know that there will be smoke around... so tough on them for taknig a job.
ok, if apub serves food ban smoking there, i dont smoke when i eat. but to ban in all pubs? what next? ban alcohol?
Smoking isnt bad for you anyways, its all car fumes that erally cause the bad stuff. And how much tax do we pay on each pack towards the nhs? £3 a pack? how many smokers? 2 million? 1 packa  day. thats 6 milliona  day from smokers or 2190 million a year.
The worst thing is the recently quite smokers. Just quitters i say. Im no quitter and smoking does make me look cool. Those of you vegan non smokers non drinker pacifists out there can sotp smoking in pubs that serve food, i agree. but the day my local bans smoking is the day... i dunno, the day i get kinda angry.

Now im off for a fag, back in 10 ;)

Thats the spirit Dawson
Apparently smokers who convince themselves that smoking isnt bad for them actually live longer then smokers who worry about their habit  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:09 pm

well, all these non smokers havign a go. can i get kids banend from restaurants as well? they are a lot more damaging to me health than smokiing. screaming yelling kids ruining the entire night, they are the ones who need to be banned. (going into mad rant)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls