Frankie goes to hollywood - Like them?..or loath them?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:16 am

me about metallica, everyone else about blur :D

nah, you're alright.
can't we just all slag off thestreets and eminem?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:42 am

the streets around my way are far too dirty and eminems aren't as tasty as they used to be. basturds.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:58 am

I watched the dutch version of pop idols on friday its on for 2 and half hours, I only knew two songs in the whole show.

I said to the other half music has gone to the dogs its absolutly shite nowadays, theres hardly no songs, groups or singers that make you want to go out and buy a CD.

I prefer singing along to songs like Motown, Phil Collins, R & B.

Imagine in years to come no one will be singing or remaking hardly any of todays songs, where did it all go wrong?

Techno & Hip Hop probably killed it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:I watched the dutch version of pop idols on friday its on for 2 and half hours, I only knew two songs in the whole show.

I said to the other half music has gone to the dogs its absolutly shite nowadays, theres hardly no songs, groups or singers that make you want to go out and buy a CD.

I prefer singing along to songs like Motown, Phil Collins, R & B.

Imagine in years to come no one will be singing or remaking hardly any of todays songs, where did it all go wrong?

Techno & Hip Hop probably killed it.

I watched the first half hour of the MTV video awards last night and thought the exact same thing.  Today's music is sheeeeeiiiiite. (He says in his grumpy old man voice :D ).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:14 pm

u people sure do sound old. there is great music out there, u wont find it at the mtv awards tho lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:08 pm

They were great. Their music was new and created a new club sound that became standard. Their videos were different - Two Tribes etc..

The clubs bounced whenever their music came on.  Anyway who says otherwise is a lying tw@t. :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:blur? ok, lets hear graham coxon playing the guitar, then someone like noel gallagher. the fact that you musically inept reprobates can't fathom is that each blur album changes with the times. the riffs are so much more cmoplex as the albums progress and they are all pure genius's who deserved to kick the a$$ of quoasis!

Apparently you're not the only one who think Oasis needs a kicking Dawson. :D

Check out this story and footage from the recent Virgin Music Fest in Toronto.

Oasis attacked on stage
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:19 pm

dawson99 wrote:u people sure do sound old. there is great music out there, u wont find it at the mtv awards tho lol

Sound Old ? I am old , but  I saw the Beatles live and in south africa had two of the Beach Boys do a live set in my lounge.

F'uckin Kids and their music today  :no

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Today's music is sheeeeeiiiiite. (He says in his grumpy old man voice :D ).

:nod
LFC2007

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Apparently you're not the only one who think Oasis needs a kicking Dawson. :D

Oasis attacked on stage

:laugh:

yeah, saw that on the news yesterday. fuckin class

:laugh:  :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 am

andy_g wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Apparently you're not the only one who think Oasis needs a kicking Dawson. :D

Oasis attacked on stage

:laugh:

yeah, saw that on the news yesterday. fuckin class

:laugh:  :laugh:

The lad owned Noel...pity he didn't t.wat Liam as well (who, BTW, waited until security had the guy wrapped up before he decided to take a swing). :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:04 am

Bad Bob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:will disagree, but that stems more from the oasis arguament. blur are often ridiculed for basic guitar due to songs like girls and boys and parklife. its more often the bsides that show the compexity (coxon playing guitars upside down, back to front, anything to get that diffrent sound)
to be honest i know nothing of metallica apart frmo enter sandman. the guys just not my style, you're right, but i dont think they are as good as people on here think.
id find some blur to prove this, but im lazy so you gota take my word, and its probably from my shoe gazing days that i dont like stadium rock (another sly dig i know)
maybe metallica at the most basic level play very complex, but blur at the most complex level play very basic? a mixture of stles and alot mroe instruments being used in all different ways.

All I know is that when I first picked up the guitar in Uni, I could play the likes of "Song 2" within weeks but it took me the better part of my third year to manage a passable version of the rhythm guitar parts of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" so that my metal-head roommate could play the solo stuff over top!  :O

Bob, actually the rythm of for whom the bell tolls is pretty easy, the solo is a bit easy (played guitar for 4 years).

I learned alot of metallica songs during my stint in guitars, however I never learned Call of Ktulu's solo, the rythem I got, but the solo is bloody complex  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:08 am

Oh jeez I remember how hard is to play some Iced Earth songs.

bloody tripplets on those guitars  :angry:  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:24 am

metalhead wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:will disagree, but that stems more from the oasis arguament. blur are often ridiculed for basic guitar due to songs like girls and boys and parklife. its more often the bsides that show the compexity (coxon playing guitars upside down, back to front, anything to get that diffrent sound)
to be honest i know nothing of metallica apart frmo enter sandman. the guys just not my style, you're right, but i dont think they are as good as people on here think.
id find some blur to prove this, but im lazy so you gota take my word, and its probably from my shoe gazing days that i dont like stadium rock (another sly dig i know)
maybe metallica at the most basic level play very complex, but blur at the most complex level play very basic? a mixture of stles and alot mroe instruments being used in all different ways.

All I know is that when I first picked up the guitar in Uni, I could play the likes of "Song 2" within weeks but it took me the better part of my third year to manage a passable version of the rhythm guitar parts of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" so that my metal-head roommate could play the solo stuff over top!  :O

Bob, actually the rythm of for whom the bell tolls is pretty easy, the solo is a bit easy (played guitar for 4 years).

I learned alot of metallica songs during my stint in guitars, however I never learned Call of Ktulu's solo, the rythem I got, but the solo is bloody complex  :D

Just proves I'm pretty rubbish on guitar, mate! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 pm

I became rubbish two years ago, I just stopped practicing and lost interest. :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Non Football Related Polls