Frankie goes to hollywood - Like them?..or loath them?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:46 pm

dawson99 wrote:its not them being gay that anyone cares about. its that the music is gay... its like listening to ynca. its just too flouncy for me. so saying as i put earlier i love rufus wainwright, and no ones gayer than him.

the difference between someone being gay and something being gay is massive. its not pc but thats the way it is. saying its gay doesnt mean its homosexual, it means its bad. and saying something is bad doesnt mean being gay is bad... make ANY sense?

nope  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:54 am

dawson99 wrote:well, each to his own. just dont see it. never brought an album and i the first to turn over if they come on tv. look at load and reload, appalling albums. gimme the racontuers or editors for real music any day.

its just prog rock.

Agree.... those 2 albums were sh!te..... complete sell-out. For a True taste of the real Metallica, check out their older stuff.... especially Ride The Lightning.
ConnO'var

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:11 pm

maybe its my age. im 31. i had stone roses when i was 14 or 15, nirvana when i was 15, then bands like faith no more or guns n roses. iw ent the other route, some shoe gazing (ride, moose) some bird indie (lush, curve) some just indie poppy (northside, blur, charlatons, airhead etc etc)

when i was 14 my mates were into mc hammer while i listened to pills thrills and bellyaches :cool:

just never went the metallica route
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:maybe its my age. im 31. i had stone roses when i was 14 or 15, nirvana when i was 15, then bands like faith no more or guns n roses. iw ent the other route, some shoe gazing (ride, moose) some bird indie (lush, curve) some just indie poppy (northside, blur, charlatons, airhead etc etc)

when i was 14 my mates were into mc hammer while i listened to pills thrills and bellyaches :cool:

just never went the metallica route

Now Blur!! :D
That is music a 6 year old COULD play! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:29 pm

blur? ok, lets hear graham coxon playing the guitar, then someone like noel gallagher. the fact that you musically inept reprobates can't fathom is that each blur album changes with the times. the riffs are so much more cmoplex as the albums progress and they are all pure genius's who deserved to kick the a$$ of quoasis!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:03 pm

dawson99 wrote:blur? ok, lets hear graham coxon playing the guitar, then someone like noel gallagher. the fact that you musically inept reprobates can't fathom is that each blur album changes with the times. the riffs are so much more cmoplex as the albums progress and they are all pure genius's who deserved to kick the a$$ of quoasis!

Where'd Oasis come from?  You were saying earlier that a 6 year-old could play Metallica's music, which is nonsense.  Check it out:

Here's Master of Puppets, one of their more 'playable' songs! :cool:
MoP Live

Too intense?  Thought so.  Let's let Kirk Hammett break it down for us. :nod
KIRK HAMMETT TEACHES MoP

Still think a 6 year old could manage?  Maybe on bass.  No wait...not even on bass could a 6 year-old play Metallica. :buttrock
Cliff Burton Bass Solo

So, Blur has complex riffs?  Please!
Blur

:p
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 pm

ok, firstly, song 2 is one of the greatest songs written,. used around the world, now, some good complex blur you want? (compared to der der der der der enter sandman hehe)

im sorry, but blur, listen to them,. from 1991s shes so high and theres no other way. 93s chemical world colin zeal and chemical world. 94 had girls and boys, this is a low, parklife and lot 105. next year we had country house. a poor song? listen to the lyrics, kicked quoasis's a$$, then theres the genius of the universal. 97 did have song 2, also beetlebum and on your own. i could go on and on, maybe talk about coxons solo work or the gorillaz... but blur change with the times, progress, get better.
stick with your great metallica lyrics and oooh so complex prog rock. i'll stick with real music with real meaning and something you dont actually wanna slit your wrists too.

blur gave us gorillaz, metallica just gave us emo. thats fact people
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 pm

dawson99 wrote:ok, firstly, song 2 is one of the greatest songs written,. used around the world, now, some good complex blur you want? (compared to der der der der der enter sandman hehe)

im sorry, but blur, listen to them,. from 1991s shes so high and theres no other way. 93s chemical world colin zeal and chemical world. 94 had girls and boys, this is a low, parklife and lot 105. next year we had country house. a poor song? listen to the lyrics, kicked quoasis's a$$, then theres the genius of the universal. 97 did have song 2, also beetlebum and on your own. i could go on and on, maybe talk about coxons solo work or the gorillaz... but blur change with the times, progress, get better.
stick with your great metallica lyrics and oooh so complex prog rock. i'll stick with real music with real meaning and something you dont actually wanna slit your wrists too.

blur gave us gorillaz, metallica just gave us emo. thats fact people

As I've said, mate, Metallica are not your cup of tea and that's fine.  I'm not trying to convince you to like their music because I recognize that metal does not appeal to a lot of people.  What I am doing, though, is taking issue with your off-handed suggestion that Metallica's music is so basic that a 6 year old could play it.  That's just complete bollox because anyone who knows anything about playing guitar, bass or drums should be able to acknowledge that--like it or hate it--it's challenging music to play.

Deep down you know I'm right because you're working very hard to change the terrain of the debate to musical influence, lyrical greatness etc.  But that's a whole other discussion.  For the record, I don't dislike Blur at all...they've got some quality songs.  But I'd bet my house on the fact that a six year old could pick up a guitar and learn Blur's most complex song years before he/she could manage even one of Metallica's more moderately challenging riffs.  Now that's FACT. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:17 pm

will disagree, but that stems more from the oasis arguament. blur are often ridiculed for basic guitar due to songs like girls and boys and parklife. its more often the bsides that show the compexity (coxon playing guitars upside down, back to front, anything to get that diffrent sound)
to be honest i know nothing of metallica apart frmo enter sandman. the guys just not my style, you're right, but i dont think they are as good as people on here think.
id find some blur to prove this, but im lazy so you gota take my word, and its probably from my shoe gazing days that i dont like stadium rock (another sly dig i know)
maybe metallica at the most basic level play very complex, but blur at the most complex level play very basic? a mixture of stles and alot mroe instruments being used in all different ways.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:54 pm

ok lads.... Whether you like Metallica or Blur or Oasis etc etc..... Surely we can all agree that when it comes to guitar work, its very, VERY hard to compare to a certain Mr Blackmore from the legendary Deep Purple....

All time favourite is Mistreated played live by both Deep Purple (Made in Europe Album) and Rainbow (On Stage Album).... Man's a genius! :buttrock
Temperamental git but a genius nonetheless....

Anyway, all the above mentioned bands kick FGTH's @ss.... no contest...... IMHO of course.  :p :D
ConnO'var

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:will disagree, but that stems more from the oasis arguament. blur are often ridiculed for basic guitar due to songs like girls and boys and parklife. its more often the bsides that show the compexity (coxon playing guitars upside down, back to front, anything to get that diffrent sound)
to be honest i know nothing of metallica apart frmo enter sandman. the guys just not my style, you're right, but i dont think they are as good as people on here think.
id find some blur to prove this, but im lazy so you gota take my word, and its probably from my shoe gazing days that i dont like stadium rock (another sly dig i know)
maybe metallica at the most basic level play very complex, but blur at the most complex level play very basic? a mixture of stles and alot mroe instruments being used in all different ways.

:D

All I know is that when I first picked up the guitar in Uni, I could play the likes of "Song 2" within weeks but it took me the better part of my third year to manage a passable version of the rhythm guitar parts of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" so that my metal-head roommate could play the solo stuff over top!  :O
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm

all i know is i could play der der der der der opening of enter sandman but to copy graham coxon, not a chance. reason there are 1000 metallica tribute bands, anyone can play the 2 chords they nkow, evenm status quo are better and mroe complex than metallica!

(now im just being stupid)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:45 pm

dawson99 wrote:all i know is i could play der der der der der opening of enter sandman but to copy graham coxon, not a chance. reason there are 1000 metallica tribute bands, anyone can play the 2 chords they nkow, evenm status quo are better and mroe complex than metallica!

:laugh:

Yeah. Right. Now you're just being stupid!  :rasp
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:all i know is i could play der der der der der opening of enter sandman but to copy graham coxon, not a chance. reason there are 1000 metallica tribute bands, anyone can play the 2 chords they nkow, evenm status quo are better and mroe complex than metallica!

:laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:53 am

hang on a minute. i think blur were a feckin boss band and p!ss all over oasis but i like metallica too. who the feck am i supposed to have an argument with here?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Non Football Related Polls