The worst player ever - Who is the worst lfc player ever

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby big al » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:32 pm

I, like many of you have watched Liverpool since childhood an I have seen many players come and go.  But there is one player in the present squad who I think is as bad a footballer as Mikael Beck or even poor old Carl Leaburn.  Biscan!  in all my years of wathing the reds Biscan stands out as a plonker.  Last season I had a bee in my bonnet about Danny Murphy and Jamie Carragher.  I thought Danny give pocession away too cheaply and Jamie likewise with goals.  Jamie redeemed himself by showing passion and commitment that proved me wrong.  I still think danny gives the ball away too easily, Sebo Veron demonstrated this yesterday.  You can however carry Danny with Steven G & Dietmar H but not with other flair players.  Yet yesterday Danny the creator was having to play extra hard to cover for the inept Biscan.  We were destroyed in mid field thats how we lost. we created more than chealsea, who are a team in transition afterall.  They controlled the ball and won deseveredly.  Where was Biscan while Lampard, Geremi and Veron bossed the show.  Nowhere.  Biscan was wandering about the pitch lost out of his depth and struggling big time.  He cannot take the ball forward without losing it, he cannot make a simple pass without giving it to the other team.  He cannot track back. He can't pass the ball forward and can't make a forward run. For chealseas first goal drifted across to the left hand side of the pitch, when we already had three against two.  This left the middle open and a simple cross saw Veron get presented with a sitter.  Our two centre backs struggled to cover for Biscan's ineptitude, they were both under pressure that biscan was supposed to ease.  I don't know if I should blame biscan or Houllier.  Because in picking him the manager has showna lack of tactical and techniqueal awareness. Biscan is not a liverpool player.  Markus.  We have great players who's boots Biscan can never fill.  I don't want to be too hard on the guy.  He's ten times the player that I ever was but he's not a liverpool player. These are just a few reasons why he gets my vote for liverpools worst ever player.  In the words of John Lennon "He's a real nowhere man" Houllier Wake up! for Goodness sake and release him to Everton.  Give Carragher the holding midfield role and lets start winning.[quote][/quote]
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:38 pm

for me i dont think he`s the worst i`ve EVER seen but he, along with most of houlliers other signings are distinctly average.
thats the point, while diouff, diao, traore, diomede, cheyrou, ferri, smicer, vignal, kippe ect. might not be the worst players they certainly are not the best either.
apart from kewell and sami the other two world class players we have were products of the youth system.
if houllier had to rely on a team of his own signings we would be a mid table outfit at best.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:44 pm

big al you make some fair comments but then to say Carragher can do the 'holding midfield role';come on thats a sure fire way for Houllier to get the chop.Aaaah! clever plan,yes I see and Owen for goalie and Henchoz as centre-forward because he's an ace marksman.big al your a genius!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Thirteen years to Long! » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:23 pm

Kavarme was the worst player i have seen in a Liverpool shirt but he is being caught up by Cheyrou, he lacks pace, aggresion and overall desire to be a Liverpool player, lets face it we where the greatest team in the world, we should be attracting better players, Or has GH just got a screw loose and can't recognise class?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Thirteen years to Long!

Postby gaz31 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:30 pm

:D HEY MATE WHY HAVE YOU PUT A PIC OF MY BACK YARD ON HERE? :D  :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:32 pm

I see they've built a look-out tower on New Brighton beach just in case one of Sami Hyypia's forward passes leaves Anfield and attempts to cross the Mersey,without a ticket for the ferry.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:34 pm

OR IT COULD BE WHERE HESKEYS LAST SHOT ENDED UP :D  :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:22 am

SOME GOOD POINTS HERE BUT LADS WISE UP CARRAGHER PLAYED THAT HOLDING MIDFIELD ROLE FOR ENGLAND UNDER 21'S hE CAN DO IT i SAW HIM PLAY THERE. tHE POINT REALLY IS THAT HOULLIER DOES NOT HAVE ANYONE OF CLASS AVAILABLE TO PLAY THERE. GIVE JAMIE A CHANCE LETS BE HONEST HE CANNOT DO AS BADLY AS BISCAN. JAMIE CAN BE A HOT HEAD BUT I RATHER SEE SOME ONE WITH PASSION IN THE ENGINE ROOM AS OPPOSED TO BISCAN.  EVERY OTHER PLAYER MENTIONED AS POSSIBLE WORST HAD AT LEAST ON GOOD. GAME. BISCAN HAS NEVER HAD ONE SECOND OF INSPIRATION , PERSPIRATION OR ASPIRATION.  HE WOULD MAKE A GOOD WATER BOY FOR THE LIVERPOOL MASTERS TEAM.  HE MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING THERE.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:45 am

Jimmy Carter but Heskey is catching fast
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wod » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:59 pm

i reckon carragher could play the holding role well, but as for the worst player i have to say salif diao.  that guy has no first touch and his passing is awful.  he lunges into tackles and his ability to head is bad.  apart from these attributes generally required to make the grade i suppose hes not bad!!

rod
wod

Postby ROBtheRED » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:10 pm

Don't get me wrong, i think Jamie Carragher is one of the few players we have left who would die for the badge, he's a quality defender and always gives 100% and he probably could do a holding job in midfield but the bottom line is he isn't good enough footballer to play in midfield. C'mon we've been brought up watching players like Souness, McDermott, McMahon, Molby, Gerrard etc we shouldn't have to cope with a full back who doesn't get forward playing as a holding midfield player, that position is not just about breaking up attacks its about what you can do with the ball and we need a player who is comfortable in his own ability to turn defence into attack. For the record Biscan and Diao aren't the answer either so it will turn into a problem position if Didi's injury problems continue!  A player like Sean Davis or Scott Parker would have been ideal cover and there's no reason why we wouldn't be able to afford them.
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bevesham » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:26 pm

???  Average players and poor tactics,Owen and Gerrard home grown who else is class think about it .Look at us we are ciub number 5 and there are others closeing fast, blackburn for one smell the coffee were just not that good keep this and read it in May if am wrong ill eat my hat.
bevesham

Postby gaz31 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:49 pm

bevesham you had better put some salt n vinegar on it just so its ready cos im keeping you to that :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:16 pm

Rob the red your absolutely right but i remember Smith and Case who were giants in the mid-field.  What Amazes me is That this is liverpool were talking about here. Not Man U, or Arsenal, Leeds. Just over a decade ago we were the best Team and club in Europe and perhaps even the world.  I have to swallow hard when I hear the likes of Ayala say we're not good enough but he's right. Liverpool that Shanks create and the legacy he left should have carried us for decades. "Football is a simple game complicated by fools" we have too many of them.  Biscan however is a different class fool.  Shanks, Paisley and Fagan would have given him to Tranmere for a ball boy.  Maybe  I think he's our worst player because he symbolises what the mighty reds have become " whipping boys for the chealsea spice boys.  I cry myself to sleep at nights and dream that the spirit of Bill Shankley gives Houllier a Glasgow kiss and loads up the coach with the rubbish we've bought and sents them to a training camp in Albania.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:35 am

i hate being right about this guy but I was and I still am
big al
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge