The Alonso Thread - hands in transfer request

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby banana » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Boocity wrote:Banana, although I agree with some of your points regarding H&G and lack of investment, you have to remember that the loss of Alonso rests firmly in Rafas court. He tried to sell Alonso to get Barry (god knows why) and he allowed the relationship between him and Alonso to deteriorate to such an extent he wanted to leave.

So yes G&H have been bad for the club but Rafa has to take responsiblity for Alonso leaving.

That was, only, I say again, only the case because the CL changed. You need 8 british players to play the tournament. Rafa was not given any cash. Ha had tried to buy british before with limited success (Bellamy, Crouch, Pennant...) but he had to sell both plus Garcia to finance Torres.

Getting british ain't that easy. He found Barry but he did not have money to buy Barry. He also did not have many players with a Barry kind of value other than Gerrard or Alonso. Selling Gerrard would make no sense as he had to get more british talent. He was in my opinion forced to sell Alonso, against his will. Remember Alonso was Rafa's first purchase, and a vital part of the team.

Rafa's british talent hunt has been a nightmare. He tried with Keane, and failed. And this year it was Johnson. Purchased way over his value just trying to get a team capable of competing in Europe with enough british players (getting CL funds for the owners).

I don't and I will never believe for a second that Rafa would have done what he has without being tied on both hands and feet by the owners.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 pm

banana wrote:
Boocity wrote:Banana, although I agree with some of your points regarding H&G and lack of investment, you have to remember that the loss of Alonso rests firmly in Rafas court. He tried to sell Alonso to get Barry (god knows why) and he allowed the relationship between him and Alonso to deteriorate to such an extent he wanted to leave.

So yes G&H have been bad for the club but Rafa has to take responsiblity for Alonso leaving.

That was, only, I say again, only the case because the CL changed. You need 8 british players to play the tournament. Rafa was not given any cash. Ha had tried to buy british before with limited success (Bellamy, Crouch, Pennant...) but he had to sell both plus Garcia to finance Torres.

Getting british ain't that easy. He found Barry but he did not have money to buy Barry. He also did not have many players with a Barry kind of value other than Gerrard or Alonso. Selling Gerrard would make no sense as he had to get more british talent. He was in my opinion forced to sell Alonso, against his will. Remember Alonso was Rafa's first purchase, and a vital part of the team.

Rafa's british talent hunt has been a nightmare. He tried with Keane, and failed. And this year it was Johnson. Purchased way over his value just trying to get a team capable of competing in Europe with enough british players (getting CL funds for the owners).

I don't and I will never believe for a second that Rafa would have done what he has without being tied on both hands and feet by the owners.

I am sorry but I don't agree with that, I don't believe that his hand was forced to get shot of Alonso for the CL reason. Why take on Voronin, Deggan, Aquaman, Ngog.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Jesus wept, people....

Enough about Alonso, OK ? He's gone, end of. He plays for Real Madrid now.
And if we come up against Real Madrid in the future, I wish him well, but hope we beat them.

Get over it...it's bleedin' dull at this stage....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:02 pm

He was brilliant last season and since he has gone he seems even better because of our current situation and the fact Gerrard hasn't got that freedom anymore.
roberto green

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 pm

this thread is not relevant on ex-players

should be locked and closed

why is it still open - come on mods do your job, and keep relevant threads open
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:41 pm

We would be top of the league now , if Rafa hadn't upset alonso . He'd still be playing for us and we wouldn't be in the poo we're in now . That's how relevant it is.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:We would be top of the league now , if Rafa hadn't upset alonso . He'd still be playing for us and we wouldn't be in the poo we're in now . That's how relevant it is.

I no your being sarcastic but your almost correct  :D we would be damn sight better than we are this season. Alonso or Lucas? no brainer
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:We would be top of the league now , if Rafa hadn't upset alonso . He'd still be playing for us and we wouldn't be in the poo we're in now . That's how relevant it is.

I no your being sarcastic but your almost correct  :D we would be damn sight better than we are this season. Alonso or Lucas? no brainer

No sarcasm from me lash .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

It's a lot more relevant than Judge would like, but it's not that relevant mate: we've known bliiiips with Alonso, and with Alonso we would have suffered aswell of Torres and Gerrard's different injuries and the fact that they have started playing together regularly not that long ago.

My point being that we can only improve within the next months if injuries respect us, we were not that Alonso dependant.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Sabre wrote:

It's a lot more relevant than Judge would like, but it's not that relevant mate: we've known bliiiips with Alonso, and with Alonso we would have suffered aswell of Torres and Gerrard's different injuries and the fact that they have started playing together regularly not that long ago.

My point being that we can only improve within the next months if injuries respect us, we were not that Alonso dependant.

Disagree mate, Alonso was an intergral part of of our spine .

Reina
                                     carra
                                     Alonso
                                     Gerrard
                                     Torres.

Lose anyone of them and don't replace them adequately and we lose our abililty to function as a team ..Rafa lost us Alonso and Rafa replaced him with a crock . You reap what you sow.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:15 pm

It's not really about Alonso, main point here from banana is to learn from past mistake.
shawnk

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:20 pm

the lack of alonso is hugely relevant, and the argument that he had two poor(ish) seasons before his last one is also relevant. lets look at last season though, where alonso had is best season ever for us and we were within a snifter of the title.

its too simplistic to say him leaving us is the only reason we are shyte at the moment but we can't ignore the fact that its a big factor.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Alonso was class and still is.. I think its funny how people slagged him off and said we wouldnt miss h
im, even Alonso  2 season ago is better than most of our players we have now ???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I still love Xabi  :nod  :nod
Last edited by NANNY RED on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I still love Xabi  :nod  :nod

Theres me thinking you have moved on to Kevin Costner.

:(
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge