New midfield combo to attack and strangle - Player acquisition or combination

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby catweazle » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:02 am

I think the boss at Lens is right. Liverpool need an another attacking midfielder to give our forwards more supply (Owen)
(But not one of his that he's trying to flog).

You can't have loads of guns and no ammo.

As  Emlyn is not available, who do think is the best  choice?
Maybe we already have the right combo, but under the GH choke , never gave them a chance to succeed.  Hell, look at Baros this week.

Let's play our the games in their half of the field!
The term  "relentless" comes to mind.
catweazle

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:36 pm

Baraja would be great if we could get him, although the papers are hinting that it might be Angel of Malaga (who he?).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:31 pm

I read somewhere that Baraja is high on Benitez's list and that he is rated at 12 million pounds. A bit too steep in this kind of transfer market. I just wonder how much funds LFC has left if Cisse has been bought for 14 million, which is too exorbitant regardless if he had top scored in the French league for the past 3 season.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TanguyBZH » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:10 pm

azriahmad wrote:I read somewhere that Baraja is high on Benitez's list and that he is rated at 12 million pounds. A bit too steep in this kind of transfer market. I just wonder how much funds LFC has left if Cisse has been bought for 14 million, which is too exorbitant regardless if he had top scored in the French league for the past 3 season.

hello,
i am from france and all articles in the press here say that
cisse has been sold to you for 12M euros and not 14M pounds.
But it's sure that it is a bit expensive Concerning cisse he is very complementary of a player like owen. Indeed, his style looks like Nicolas Anelka, but he is fastest and has a very very powerful strike. But he doesnt has the technique of owen. I think that he will improve a lot at liverpool like thierry henry did when he came to england.
TanguyBZH

Postby catweazle » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:18 am

Je ne parle pas français, et emploie Google pour traduire.  Liverpool n'a pas besoin d'un autre Hesky.Cisse doit marquer des buts sur ses propres qu'il doit être un sante de fève d'étoile.

Liverpool don't need another Hesky.
Cisse must score goals on his own and lots of them

Bon sante
catweazle

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:31 am

TanguyBZH, it has been reported in the newspapers that Cisse cost 14.5 million pounds.

I just hope that he turns out good for Liverpool and that Benitez is happy with this purchase which was done by Houllier. While not belittling Cisse, we all know about Houllier's judgement ability. Too few of his signings have worked out and toomany have bombed.

I believe Benitez will improve the general level of play with a tighter midfield and which should also work hard to create more chances. No striker in this world, not even the very best striker, can excel with a poor service as those afforded by the Liverpool midfielders and the support forwards (like Diouf) over the past 2 seasons. Houllier's rigid and one dimensional tactics did not help either.

Let's hope that the incoming midfield player or players will improve the situation.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:45 pm

Attacking midfielder Baraja may be expensive but what about Rosicky? We've been linked with him before and looked good in Euro Champs anyone agree?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:13 am

Stoking the boiler,cos without coal, there is no fire.
We really need someone to give Baros/Owen/Cisse/Diouf more ball than they can handle. Relentlessly moving from defence to  offense without great holes in the middle of the Park.

Gerrard can't do it himself alone. :p
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:16 pm

id try and get ballack so gerrard can be more offensive knowing he has some one who can pick him out when he makes runs, i think we need a pacey winger aswell wright-phillips or vicente would fit the bill for me
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:23 pm

Totally agree wth that
Ballack and Gerrard could destroy and attack
:)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:30 am

I don't think we have a chance at signing Ballack, mainly because he will favour a move to Spain over anywhere else.

About Baraja, I heard it was a done deal, in the region of £8 million?? But Rosicky would be a good bet I reckon after seeing him play at the Euro's he has the skill to create and become the much needed playmaker.

Also Ayala was meant to be on his way as well as he wants a move to England, plus with Benitez being an ex-coach of his it would seem an ideal move.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby begintoend » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:50 am

Corradi and Fiore has moved over to Valencia. Maybe Aimar and Baraja can come over now.

Super Combo :
            Aimar   
Kewell   Gerrard    Baraja

:D :D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:01 pm

if i had to put money on any midfielder coming to liverpool it would be xabi alonso. real sociedad are resigned to losing him and have already signed mikel arteta from rangers as a replacement. he's an exceptional talent and is only 21 years old. real madrid wanted him but only offered 6m. sociedad wanted more like 8-10m.

with benitez currently locked in a legal dispute with his former club, i can't realistically see any valencia players coming in now. ballack would be too expensive due to the fact that bayern are a massive club and would want somewhere in the region of 12m.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:03 pm

Then offer Hamman and Babbell and Biscan
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:26 pm

yeh that'll work. :;):  :;):
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge