Jermaine pennant - Leaps and bounds

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:30 pm

wheres been the terrible attitude doddyman?
think this season hes been a model proff and end of last season he was pretty good as well?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:wheres been the terrible attitude doddyman?
think this season hes been a model proff and end of last season he was pretty good as well?

He was p!ssed as a rat in a pizza place the other day Dawson :D but I think on the field he has done well, certainly better than I expected.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:50 pm

22year old single footballer in drinking scandal!!!!!!

:p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:24 pm

I don't think Pennant will ever be what most consider 'top class', but that is not to say he doesn't have the ability needed within our system to help us win the league - I think he does.

So far this season, he's done enough to mitigate the criticism that came his way last season.

I personally disagree with those who moan about his final delivery, ability to beat a man and find a player in the box.

He does provide quality crosses, and thus far this has been proven. his link up play, vision and awareness look spot on.

There has been nothing to suggest otherwise.... so far.

He is not a leggy, atheltic, strong and powerful winger. He's a jinky, diminutive player with the ability to cross with both feet. He isn't a great threat in front of goal, but we knew that when we bought him. He can provide for others, link up play and beat a man.

He may not be the long term solution to the right wing, but he is a great option to have. Babel may just be the alternative winger, the pacey powerful type with a cracking strike on him who may score a few goals. It's about options - they are two very different options.
LFC2007

Postby Rafa D » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:wheres been the terrible attitude doddyman?

Every time he has a decent game he is in the papers bigging himself up.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2720014,00.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz....9766266

Last week for example.

STAY OUT THE :censored: PAPERS.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:39 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I don't think Pennant will ever be what most consider 'top class', but that is not to say he doesn't have the ability needed within our system to help us win the league - I think he does.

So far this season, he's done enough to mitigate the criticism that came his way last season.

I personally disagree with those who moan about his final delivery, ability to beat a man and find a player in the box.

He does provide quality crosses, and thus far this has been proven. his link up play, vision and awareness look spot on.

He is not a leggy, atheltic, strong and powerful winger. He's a jinky, diminutive player with the ability to cross with both feet. He isn't a great threat in front of goal, but we knew that when we bought him. He can provide for others, link up play and beat a man.

He may not be the long term solution to the right wing, but he is a great option to have. Babel may just be the alternative winger, the pacey powerful type with a cracking strike on him who may score a few goals. It's about options - they are two very different options.

That's a better post than the ones you wrote in summer discussing with other posters  :)

I agree most of it. There's too much obsession when talking about some positions about players not being world class or top class. You can't do that a team of world class players so I wouldn't ask Pennant to be one.

I agree he's a very good option for the squad, when it comes to number of games in which he was used he was one of the top men last season.

I agree he does know to deliver some good crosses, maybe sometimes he does an extra useless dribbling that keeps him from delivering more and better crosses. He's very comfortable with the ball in his feet and you can give him a ball when there are many men in the middle and he will beat the first man and carry the ball upwards. He's very important in our transitions and allows other team mates reaching threatening positions. If a man like SWP made to the english squad, I think Pennant could get some games aswell, as he provides interesting things if you want to have posession of the ball.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:31 pm

Sabre wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I don't think Pennant will ever be what most consider 'top class', but that is not to say he doesn't have the ability needed within our system to help us win the league - I think he does.

That's a better post than the ones you wrote in summer discussing with other posters  :)

I agree most of it. There's too much obsession when talking about some positions about players not being world class or top class. You can't do that a team of world class players so I wouldn't ask Pennant to be one.

I agree he's a very good option for the squad, when it comes to number of games in which he was used he was one of the top men last season.

I agree he does know to deliver some good crosses, maybe sometimes he does an extra useless dribbling that keeps him from delivering more and better crosses. He's very comfortable with the ball in his feet and you can give him a ball when there are many men in the middle and he will beat the first man and carry the ball upwards. He's very important in our transitions and allows other team mates reaching threatening positions. If a man like SWP made to the english squad, I think Pennant could get some games aswell, as he provides interesting things if you want to have posession of the ball.

Yours and LCF's are fair points to Pennant's ability. However I do agree with Rafa Dodd and there sure are better options in the RW though its not easy to get. If he shuts up and works hard (try to be more effective), maybe he can go far.
As of now, his attitude sucks
whylongball?

Postby Scottbot » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:43 pm

All this talk about Pennant's attitude is BS and i don't see why it should have any bearing or influence on anyone's opinion about the player's ability or performances. Ok, i guess he's a bit of a media slut who likes to big himself up (a bit) in the press but has he questioned the manager's decisions, tactics or team selection in the media? NO, Has he thrown a tantrum after being subbed, sulked on the pitch or been disrespectful to his teamates? NO, Does he work hard and has he been playing well, showing (pretty much) continous improvement and consistency since the turn of the year? YES. Who cares if he sounds a little arrogant when he talks to the media? Stevie.G comes across as pompous, arrogant and self-important in just about every page of his auto-biography but i don't give a damn, he's a fu.c..kin hero in my eyes.

I don't see any problems.
Last edited by Scottbot on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 am

Scottbot wrote:All this talk about Pennant's attitude is BS and i don't see why it should have any bearing or influence on anyone's opinion about the player's ability or performances. Ok, i guess he's a bit of a media slut who likes to big himself up (a bit) in the press but has he questioned the manager's decisions, tactics or team selection in the media? NO, Has he thrown a tantrum after being subbed, sulked on the pitch or been disrespectful to his teamates? NO, Does he work hard and has he been playing well, showing (pretty much) continous improvement and consistency since the turn of the year? YES. Who cares if he sounds a little arrogant when he talks to the media? Stevie.G comes across as pompous, arrogant and self-important in just about every page of his auto-biography but i don't give a damn, he's a fu.c..kin hero in my eyes.

I agree entirely.

I don't mind a bit of arrogance as long as it is backed up. He is certainly doing his talking on the pitch now.

If you really want arrogance/ confidence then people should be looking at Babel. I was reading the LFC magazine and he was interviewed and the interviewer made the Henry comparison. Most players would have gave the stock answer about " If I can be half the player blah, blah, blah..." but Babel responded by saying something along the lines of he is working hard on his game to be as good if not better than Henry! I think with that attitude and Rafa's coaching he will go far.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:10 am

Scottbot wrote:All this talk about Pennant's attitude is BS and i don't see why it should have any bearing or influence on anyone's opinion about the player's ability or performances. Ok, i guess he's a bit of a media slut who likes to big himself up (a bit) in the press but has he questioned the manager's decisions, tactics or team selection in the media? NO, Has he thrown a tantrum after being subbed, sulked on the pitch or been disrespectful to his teamates? NO, Does he work hard and has he been playing well, showing (pretty much) continous improvement and consistency since the turn of the year? YES. Who cares if he sounds a little arrogant when he talks to the media? Stevie.G comes across as pompous, arrogant and self-important in just about every page of his auto-biography but i don't give a damn, he's a fu.c..kin hero in my eyes.

Spot on mate, well put.

Although last season I didnt like his claims of him playing well when he was pretty much s.*i*e. The fact of the matter is, He is playing well regardless of what he's saying in the media. Like you said Mr Gerrard comes accross as ... How does Dodd say it " Stevie Me" in the press, nobody really gives a feck about that.

He's playing well and thats what mostly matters.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Rafa D » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Stevie Me does walk the walk though.

Pennant's all mouth.

And :censored:.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:10 pm

Although I think Rafa Dodd is being a little harsh, I can see where he's coming from. Pennant reminds me a lot of the kind of player we had during the 'Spice Boy' era, where we had players who thought they were better than they actually were, had ego's, went on benders, and sought the limelight through the media. All this, while generally not being hard enough on the pitch.

I do think he has shown a marked improvement in his games over the past few months, but something tells me it all it will take is something to not go his way before he either says something about his fellow players, or the club and Rafa in general. He obviously has a bit of an ego that could prove to be his downfall...if he lets it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:something tells me it all it will take is something to not go his way before he either says something about his fellow players, or the club and Rafa in general. He obviously has a bit of an ego that could prove to be his downfall...if he lets it.

I think he feels grateful to be playing for us, and I don't think he'd dare step over the line with Rafa.

I don't know what makes you suggest he might.
LFC2007

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:51 pm

a man's downfall is his ego
pennant's football is in full flow
will he continue to shine
or get a kick up his behind?

stop talking to the press
focus on your football
dazzle on the right wing to your best
leave the opponents sprawled
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:10 pm