Houllier incentive to hamann - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:20 pm

HOULLIER INCENTIVE TO HAMANN

Gerard Houllier has told German star Dietmar Hamann he will get a new contract if he maintains his current form.

The World Cup finalist has claimed that he would consider a move to either Schalke or Stuttgart if Liverpool do not soon offer him a new deal, with his current contract ending in the summer of 2005. Hamann, who has just re-established himself in the Liverpool midfield after missing the first three months of the season through injury, has said: "Liverpool are the first club I shall speak to, but Stuttgart and Schalke are top-notch addresses."

But Anfield chief Houllier insists that no new contract talks have yet started, and Hamann´s form will dictate the future. He said: "I spoke to Didi on Monday and he has not mentioned anything of what I have read. But obviously if Didi performs at the level he is at the moment, we will be extremely happy to prolong his contract. At the moment, talks have not even started."

© Copyright Press Association Ltd 2004, All Rights Reserved.

What do you think? If you've got an opinion about this, or anything else in football, let us know!!!
Email the editor; editor@givemefootball.com with your views.
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:20 pm

Disgraceful considering some of the garbage that we have at Liverpool that have had their contracts extended. The only justification I can think of is fitness, but that isn't what Kermit focused on. The only players I would not sell before Hamann are Owen, Gerrard, Kewell, Hyypia and Henchoz, they are the only players I value higher at the moment
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge