LIVERPOOL VS VALARENGA - K/o 18:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:07 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Aqua plays 10 minutes and he is our man of the match!

Well what do we do with him now? Sell or Keep?

A much better half with our players waking up from their summer nap. The way our defence looks we have no option but to press and get hold of the ball ,Jokes aside KK should really turn up the heat on getting 2 more defenders.

Downing left a very good impression on me. Entertaining game to watch ,result not as good. I really think Kuyt should come as a sub and the way the RB position goes believe it or not Flano looks as the better choice at this moment. Kelly and Johnson might be quicker and stronger but their upstair drawers seems pretty empty, Flano is a smart in control lad the other two all over the place.

Adam was pretty weak and Ando ups and down. With Gerrad and Suarez back in action getting Kuyt and Spearing to the bench we need only a LB and a CB to get the show on the road.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:17 pm

anti-hero wrote:
ethanr wrote:

Agree with that..

Carra, looks time to hang up your boots.  16 goals conceded in 4 games and you have been at the heart of almost every single one...  Absolute garbage.  His age has caught up to him.

thats a little too much exaggeration imo. but you cant fault him for all of the goals. without going back to the other preseason friendlies, i think the full backs did pretty badly today and were at fault for the goals.

Sorry actually 20 goals in 5 matches.

I'm not blaming it all on Carra, but the fact is that he's in charge of the defense.  He's not properly taking charge and his mates are making mistakes because of it.  Not only that, but he's probably made more defensive mistakes than any other CB we've played.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby crim cram » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Pleased to see Henry there, he can see first hand how poor the defense is.  Two signings minimum @ the back.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 pm

I will be very disappointed if Aquilani doesnt stay
Thommo's perm

Postby Raoul » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 pm

FIFA to launch investigation of unusual betting patterns in friendly match

AP – Geneva

FIFA, the governing body of world football, announced today that they are to launch an investigation into reports of unusual betting patterns in the recent friendly match between Norwegian club side Valerenga and English giants Liverpool. It has been alleged that an unusual number of bets were laid on Valerenga scoring three goals during the game.
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, during his post-match interview, welcomed the news of the investigation as he said he was “scratching his head as to why they were able to score three against us today”.

FIFA insiders suggest that the investigation may be widened to consider all of Liverpool’s preseason matches, as in each game Liverpool’s opponents scored three goals. “It is inconceivable that Guangdong, Malaysia XI, Hull, Galatasary and now Valerenga would all score three goals against Liverpool. The quality of the Liverpool defense suggests in each case Liverpool’s opponents should have scored more goals than a paltry three” one insider said.

FIFA president Sep Blatter has recently announced a zero tolerance policy towards match fixing, saying "We now have work against illegal betting... you have seen the incredible number of federations implicated in fixed matches." In May Sepp Blatter pledged 20 million euros for a dedicated anti-corruption unit based in Singapore to fight match-fixing. The unit, in a partnership with Interpol, aims to develop a programme for soccer officials, players and administrators that warns against match-fixing and alerts them to its dangers.

In other Liverpool news, amid growing calls by fan groups such as www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk for Liverpool to invest in defensive reinforcements, Liverpool’s director of football Damien Comolli today said: "There will be movement, that's for sure. However it is difficult to find quality defenders to join the club, as many of them are afraid they will not be able to understand Jamie Carragher."

We asked Liverpool’s senior defender Jamie Carragher to comment on Comolli’s claim. Unfortunately, we were unable to understand his answer.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Raoul wrote:FIFA to launch investigation of unusual betting patterns in friendly match

AP – Geneva

FIFA, the governing body of world football, announced today that they are to launch an investigation into reports of unusual betting patterns in the recent friendly match between Norwegian club side Valerenga and English giants Liverpool. It has been alleged that an unusual number of bets were laid on Valerenga scoring three goals during the game.
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, during his post-match interview, welcomed the news of the investigation as he said he was “scratching his head as to why they were able to score three against us today”.

FIFA insiders suggest that the investigation may be widened to consider all of Liverpool’s preseason matches, as in each game Liverpool’s opponents scored three goals. “It is inconceivable that Guangdong, Malaysia XI, Hull, Galatasary and now Valerenga would all score three goals against Liverpool. The quality of the Liverpool defense suggests in each case Liverpool’s opponents should have scored more goals than a paltry three” one insider said.

FIFA president Sep Blatter has recently announced a zero tolerance policy towards match fixing, saying "We now have work against illegal betting... you have seen the incredible number of federations implicated in fixed matches." In May Sepp Blatter pledged 20 million euros for a dedicated anti-corruption unit based in Singapore to fight match-fixing. The unit, in a partnership with Interpol, aims to develop a programme for soccer officials, players and administrators that warns against match-fixing and alerts them to its dangers.

In other Liverpool news, amid growing calls by fan groups such as www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk for Liverpool to invest in defensive reinforcements, Liverpool’s director of football Damien Comolli today said: "There will be movement, that's for sure. However it is difficult to find quality defenders to join the club, as many of them are afraid they will not be able to understand Jamie Carragher."

We asked Liverpool’s senior defender Jamie Carragher to comment on Comolli’s claim. Unfortunately, we were unable to understand his answer.

:D

Thought it was KK cunning plan in convincing Henry opening his pockets but your theory is good as mine. :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Looks like I missed a cracker. Hopefully will catch the repeat later on LFCTV.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I know Jay Spearing is a local lad and all that but that shouldn't merit him getting this many games, to me he's just runs about eveywhere not actually doing anything productive.

Bin him off Kenny
roberto green

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

ethanr wrote:
anti-hero wrote:
ethanr wrote:

Agree with that..

Carra, looks time to hang up your boots.  16 goals conceded in 4 games and you have been at the heart of almost every single one...  Absolute garbage.  His age has caught up to him.

thats a little too much exaggeration imo. but you cant fault him for all of the goals. without going back to the other preseason friendlies, i think the full backs did pretty badly today and were at fault for the goals.

Sorry actually 20 goals in 5 matches.

I'm not blaming it all on Carra, but the fact is that he's in charge of the defense.  He's not properly taking charge and his mates are making mistakes because of it.  Not only that, but he's probably made more defensive mistakes than any other CB we've played.

Summary of Conceded Goals

Guangdong
Goal 1 - Kelly / Carragher / Wilson / Flanagan
Goal 2 - Robinson / Agger / Kyrgiakos / Wisdom
Goal 3 - Robinson / Agger / Kyrgiakos / Wisdom

Malaysia XI
Goal 1 - Flanagan / Carragher / Agger / Robinson
Goal 2 - Kelly / Kyrgiakos / Wilson / Insua
Goal 3 - Kelly / Kyrgiakos / Wilson / Insua

Hull
Goal 1 - Robinson / Carragher / Ayala / Kelly
Goal 2 - Robinson / Carragher / Ayala / Kelly
Goal 3 - Flanagan / Kyrgiakos / Wilson / Insua

Galatasaray
Goal 1 - Flanagan / Kyrgiakos / Kelly / Insua
Goal 2 - Flanagan / Kyrgiakos / Kelly / Insua
Goal 3 - Flanagan / Kyrgiakos / Kelly / Insua

Valerenga
Goal 1 - Robinson / Carragher / Agger / Johnson
Goal 2 - Robinson / Carragher / Agger / Johnson
Goal 3 - Flanagan / Carragher / Agger / Kelly

Player Summary (goals per game)
Carragher - 4 Games / 7 Goals (1.75)
Agger - 3 Games / 6 Goals (2)
Kyrgiakos - 4 Games / 8 Goals (2)
Wilson - 3 Games / 4 Goals (1.33)
Flanagan - 5 Games / 6 Goals (1.2)
Robinson - 4 Games / 7 Goals (1.75)
Kelly - 5 Games / 9 Goals (1.8)
Johnson - 1 Game / 2 Goals (2)
Insua - 3 Games / 6 Goals (2)
Ayala - 1 Game / 2 Goals (2)
Wisdom - 1 Game / 2 Goals (2)
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

probably should do goals per/minute played but I can't be bothered. Needless to say defence needs work.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Anyone got links to any of the goals?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Sama was on for the last goal today.  We had 5 defenders on at the end.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Embarrasing match against the b-team of a club in the bottom of the norwegian league.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Only saw the second half and, defensive sh!t show aside, there were some positives to take away.  I liked the look of Downing down the left.  He had some lovely crosses (as well as the occasional over-hit deep one) and good movement.  Adam showed some signs of his quality in the middle of the park as well.  The stand out performer, though, was Aquilani, who played a huge part in both Agger goals: earning both corners with a couple of fantastic strikes from outside of the box and then delivering two beautiful corners into the mixer for Agger to tuck away.  Since it looks like we're having trouble getting anything near his worth for him on the transfer market I hope Kenny and co decide to remove him from the shop window, get an arm around his shoulder and get him playing like that when it counts.  If they must, tell him he can earn a proper move away next summer if he shows his quality this season (a la Alonso).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:31 pm

We don't want to get to the point we were at in the mid-90's where we were overly reliant on has-beens and not-good-enoughs in defence.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games