Liverpool Vs Mannure 16/12 16:00 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Ali a moment of lost concentration but generally not troubled all night; Clyne offered very little but the lack of game time is very telling, Robbo forgotten his shooting boot but still a good game, Lovren pretty solid all day; Van Dijk is an absolute wall, absolutely bosses his area; Keita still need to get used to the pace of PL but the forward trust that he offered to the team could be so vital; Fab is gonna be an absolute monster for us; Gini quite efficiency, solid game; Mane on a day like this is an absolute handful, no defenders will enjoy facing him; Bobby is all over the place and made it difficult for opposition defenders to pick him up. Superb footwork and close control; Salah well watched tonight but spraying the balls around and a general nuisance to their back 4; Shaq cometh the hour cometh the man  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:38 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:10 pm wrote:Despite an optimistic 3-1 prediction for us I'm still feeling a bit twitchy about this one.

Calm down you cun:p ...great call  :bowdown
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Fair play woof woof good call.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:21 pm

We are actually playing well now, that game last week against Bournemouth was the first game I've seen this season (apart from maybe PSG at home) where we've looked similar to what we did last year and we've carried it on from there.
For me the difference has been Fabinho, he's unspectacular but incredibly streetwise, he knows when to put his foot in, when to give away a foul, he knows where to stand, he wins tackles and headers in the centre of the pitch and he's good on the ball too. He's a throwback to those old pro's that you used to see years ago like Jimmy Case when he was at Brighton.
He has given us a lot of 'know how' in the middle of the park.
Proud of the team today, whisper it quietly but if we play like this until the end of the season the title could be on, City are good but when we are playing well we are not just a match for them we are their nemesis, for some reason they are a bit psyched out by us, well, we are now playing well......
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:52 pm

There seems to be a steely determination about the side which is the hallmark of all Title winning sides- long may it continue.

It was good to see that when we didn't blow them away in the first twenty minutes and took a bit of a  blow /slowed down due to the manner of their equaliser; we didn't settle for a draw.
Being able to regroup and go again during big matches is an absolute necessity in the current climate .
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:57 pm

We look a better team than I can really remember. Well rounded well balanced team. If Klopp can keep this lot together we can dominate for years. Very proud of what we have become!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Team are really starting to purr and showing strength in depth - thought Bobby was just world class today
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Fabinho and keita especially Fab are starting to show their class in midfield. We are starting to click through our gears now strong depth let's keep pushing on
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Gotta say i really enjoyed Clyne's performance ,he offered quite a lot of himself on the right side...I feel that on his day he is our best RB...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Fantastic result. It's going to be a case between us and City of first to blink will come second this season!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:25 pm

only me » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 pm wrote:Gotta say i really enjoyed Clyne's performance ,he offered quite a lot of himself on the right side...I feel that on his day he is our best RB...

He did fine but there is huge gap between him and TAA in terms of quality on the ball and contribution to build up play in the final third. He's pretty much been made redundant by Klopp and he needed 3 injuries to get in the team so I can't see him being here next year.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:52 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 pm wrote:3-1 for the redmen  :buttrock

:bowdown Nice Woof!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:21 am

Nice to see so much positivity on these boards for once.

Where is AlgyMoon that flog, he hasn't been spotted in weeks  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:34 am

Pig Catcher » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:25 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 pm wrote:Gotta say i really enjoyed Clyne's performance ,he offered quite a lot of himself on the right side...I feel that on his day he is our best RB...

He did fine but there is huge gap between him and TAA in terms of quality on the ball and contribution to build up play in the final third. He's pretty much been made redundant by Klopp and he needed 3 injuries to get in the team so I can't see him being here next year.

I think you are overhyping Trent a tadge, he can be shaky himself, considering Clyne had been out for months I thought he had a terrific game, making those lung busting 70 yard sprints can't be easy when you've barely played in 12 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:56 am

Absolutely brilliant win  :buttrock Thought we fully deserved the points and should have scored more for all the domination but a 3.1 win is telling enough  :nod

Thought Alisson was unfortunate with the mistake and it was probably down to the wet as I think it had just started raining. The cross should have been prevented though. 1st start for Clyne in a while and I thought he played well. He's limited in the final 3rd but defensively sound, good to see him back and I hope he is back up to Trent and it leaves Joe to CB when he returns. Fabinho played really well and I think Hendo noticed  :laugh: He just kept going forward when he came on but a very good performance from the Brazilian. Mane, Salah and Bobby played well but the difference was the introduction of the Shaq Attack  :nod He was exactly what was needed at the right time.

Absolutely chuffed with that win and to finally get what we deserved against that lot. For the last few seasons we had the better of them but form doesn't necessarily carry into these games and they always scab something. Not today though  :no We showed them exactly how much they have fallen behind us. The bonus was looking at the sick faces on Fergie, Charlton and the other directors  :laugh:

He's getting the boot soon  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games