LIVERPOOL V WESTBROMICH ALBION   22-04-12 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:12 pm

stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am wrote:This has to be the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen.

how old are you?

it's been a disappointing league season but this team is nowhere near as bad as the dross we had under souness in the early nineties.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that, does anybody have the stats on Souness's worst season for us, as a manager, because I'm willing to wager it was not this bad. having said that Souness was a bloody awful manager for us.
heimdall

Postby mart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Season: 1992/93
% of available points won: 46.8%
Position: 6th
Points behind 1st: 25

Liverpool Won 16 Drew 11 Lost 15 Points 59
*42 games played*
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 pm

I was happy to see Rafa's go. He was incredibly stubborn and a complete control freak.Getting  rid of Alonso was a massive mistake and a result of chronic mis-management.Spending best part of £20m on Aquilani was an absurd risk.His infamous Ferguson rant was legendary and contributed towards us not winning the title.Unfortunately these mistakes overshadowed some of the truly great players he bought.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 pm

mart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:Season: 1992/93

So we are worse now than then, W12 D10 L12 which equates to 45.09% of available points won in the league. It's not very good is it, must try harder Mr Daglish.
heimdall

Postby mart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 pm

devaney » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm wrote:His infamous Ferguson rant was legendary and contributed towards us not winning the title.

Stats 2008/2009
Before "rant":  Points pr game: 2.25  Goals pr game: 1.75
After "rant": Points pr game: 2.28  Goals pr game: 2.33
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 pm

mart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 pm wrote:
Stats 2008/2009

Yet another Rafa myth busted. Love it!  :eyebrow
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm

heimdall » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 pm wrote:
mart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:Season: 1992/93

So we are worse now than then, W12 D10 L12 which equates to 45.09% of available points won in the league. It's not very good is it, must try harder Mr Daglish.

His name is Dalglish NOT Daglish. It's nearly as bad as people who can't spell Shankly as well.
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 pm

heimdall » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am wrote:The team played well yesterday, we've come on so much this season and we actually (bar a few odd games) look like a useful team again. However, our finishing in front of goal is nothing short of shocking. We need a Lucas back, we need a fit Stevie and we need another Torres caliber player. Our keeper and defense are looking good we just need to tweak the midfield and play Torres the 2nd up front with Suarez the 1st and we'll be laughing. If we'd scored the goals instead of hitting the b@stard posts we'd be right up there now. but, hey ho.

Kenny is the right man, he knows what to do, the owners are not stupid nor shy of splashing a few quid. They won't make a rash decision and they'll address all the problems... just not all at the same time.

It's a long journey but it'll come good.

Well said mate. FFS, this is a work in progress. It's been one season. One, possibly two trophies. What the f*ck's up with everyone? League form is Sh*t. We all know that. We wrote it off long ago. The teams around us are much better than they used to be. We were shellshocked this year and realised (very quickly) that we weren't ready to challenge for top four this year. Let's take two cups and build on this for next year. Those who have given up and think we need to dismantle the team and start all over YET AGAIN whilst being completely blind to any on-pitch progress, well you have a lot to learn.

hang on a fecking second, are you saying that the reason we are playing so ***** is because all the players have all just gone "Meh" to the league, we suck this season so ***** to all the fans who pay a lot of money to see us play week in week out. if that is even remotely close to true then all our players and manager need bloody shooting but I have a suspicion you might be right.

You're focusing on one small statement in my post rather than the full picture. We haven't been good enough this year. Fact. But if anyone on these forums thinks some new manager will come in and sign lots of world class new players and that we'll be challenging for the league next year needs their head checking. We were in a mess anyway. Look at us under Roy! Who on Earth believed Kenny would come along and spend millions and get us fourth spot? Why do people blame Kenny because that didn't happen? The team needs time! They need to gel. There is no fairy tale of some saviour coming along and winning the league for us. Football dosen't work that way.

Wholesale changes are not the answer. We just did that after Roy. Now we must wait and give it time to develope. To ditch our new plan after one, nearly two seasons is utter madness.

We're not Chelsea!
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:57 am

Can anyone enlighten me on why we are a WorkInProgress? I disagree with it. To me, it's a lame excuse for supporting KD no matter what. Reason for my disagreement is this and I cite 2 examples. Look at Mourinho who landed with the Chelsea job in summer of 2004, he was the new manager at Chelsea who took over from Rainieri who left Chelsea in an 'unsatisfactory' state and he won the PL with them in his first 2 seasons. You could say they were a work in progress when Mourinho took over.

Look at A.Pardew at Newcastle. He took over from Hughton who was sacked and you can say Newcastle was a work in progress, yet now, looks like they will qualify for CL if Spurs continue with their rot like Liverpool. And yet Pardew never spent 120 million on players, just a great scouting system. Newcastle have made Liverpool blush.

So Liverpool are a 'work in progress' and looks like we'll be lucky to finish 10th this season. If Kenny wants to continue for one more season, he would better come out with a b.loody good reason on why FSG should not sack him.
alwayslfc

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 am

Boxscarf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:
mart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 pm wrote:
Stats 2008/2009

Yet another Rafa myth busted. Love it!  :eyebrow

Sorry lads your completely missing the point! Look at what United did after the rant not what we did.Rafa's rants was United's best motivational speech of the season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 am

alwayslfc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 am wrote: If Kenny wants to continue for one more season, he would better come out with a b.loody good reason on why FSG should not sack him.

He's Kenny Dalglish, He's right for this club, he's got us playing the right way despite the results but they will come good if FSG persevere and they will , he has the club in his heart and 40000 Liverpool fans at every home game would agree with this, through the wind and the rain remember.

need any more reasons?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wildcard » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 am

I totally agree with Kezza, this is as bad a side as ive ever seen. They are a total disaster and are not much better than Norwich or W.Brom and thats the truth. The league dosen't lie, if people think next season will be completely different then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. 37pt off top spot and 16pt off Newcastle, i've seen enough football in my time to know that the current side are awful and KK has become a complete laughing stock, we don't convert chances because the players are simply not good enough to score them. KK was my idol when growing up, but if he stays we will be 20 pts off 4th again next season. And yes agree Martinez a great manager with players he has, we need a young hungry manager and super fast.
Wildcard

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 am

devaney » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 am wrote:

Sorry lads your completely missing the point! Look at what United did after the rant not what we did.Rafa's rants was United's best motivational speech of the season.

United's best motivation was being able to come ever closer to reaching our record. Their up turn in form had little or nothing to do with Benitez's "rant", it had everything to do with the desire to win yet another league title. All Rafa's "rant" did was add some extra spice to an already spicy rivalry.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

alwayslfc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 am wrote:Can anyone enlighten me on why we are a WorkInProgress? I disagree with it. To me, it's a lame excuse for supporting KD no matter what. Reason for my disagreement is this and I cite 2 examples. Look at Mourinho who landed with the Chelsea job in summer of 2004, he was the new manager at Chelsea who took over from Rainieri who left Chelsea in an 'unsatisfactory' state and he won the PL with them in his first 2 seasons. You could say they were a work in progress when Mourinho took over.

Look at A.Pardew at Newcastle. He took over from Hughton who was sacked and you can say Newcastle was a work in progress, yet now, looks like they will qualify for CL if Spurs continue with their rot like Liverpool. And yet Pardew never spent 120 million on players, just a great scouting system. Newcastle have made Liverpool blush.

So Liverpool are a 'work in progress' and looks like we'll be lucky to finish 10th this season. If Kenny wants to continue for one more season, he would better come out with a b.loody good reason on why FSG should not sack him.

Chelsea tossed money at just about any player who has legs. They won the title quickly with a team of mercenaries subsidised by Abramovich's oil billions, not through hard work, or loyalty, or faith, or passion. A lot of those players and indeed the manager are no longer at Chelsea. So in a counter question, perhaps you can enlighten us to how such a 'disposable' set up would serve us better?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby heimdall » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Roger Red Hat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:08 am wrote:
alwayslfc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 am wrote: If Kenny wants to continue for one more season, he would better come out with a b.loody good reason on why FSG should not sack him.

He's Kenny Dalglish, He's right for this club, he's got us playing the right way despite the results but they will come good if FSG persevere and they will , he has the club in his heart and 40000 Liverpool fans at every home game would agree with this, through the wind and the rain remember.

need any more reasons?

erm yes, since you haven't actually given any reasons, just complete and utter blind faith *****. he's Kenny therefore he is the best ever ever ever.  :no  :no
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games