LIVERPOOL V WESTBROMICH ALBION   22-04-12 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 am

The Good Yank » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm wrote:The knee jerk reactions in this thread are amazing.  I didn't think it was possible, but alot of you have outdone yourselves.  PERSPECTIVE is needed here in a major way.  The league games right now mean absolutely nothing.  They are glorified friedlies.  Fourth place was gone for us months ago, the best we could do was get into the Europa League.  That's been taken care of.  This season is all about the cups. 

I'm not trying to be a great apologist or anything for our league form.  It is frustrating, but in the grand scheme, it means nothing anyway.  Even the "But Everton are above us in the table"  So what.  We beat them home and away in the league and in the FA Cup semifinal at Webley.

Now, as far as Kenny goes, In my opinion a manager's job is to get players to play in a manner in which if they do their jobs they win.  I believe he has done that this season.  Short of running out on the pitch and putting the ball in the net, what else can he do.  We are defensively sound and create tons of chances.  If you want to argue that it's the players he's brought in that are the problem, and he should have brought in better or paid less for the ones he's got, well, fair enough, and that is something I guess for another thread.

After 5 wins all season at home, it can hardly be called knee jerk reactions...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am

Lost for words.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 am

We're a good side or even a top 4 team without converting our chances. If we had put away those chances, I'm sure we've qualified for CL. The signing of Carroll was a disaster. If he could live up to his price tag and just score 20 PL goals, not too far fetched for someone who cost 35 mill, then we would have been in top 4. The cause of Kenny's downfall is his s.hit signings. He thought Carroll would be good enough to grab the goals in the summer and that's why he spent so much on midfielders to supply for him and unfortunately this tactic failed miserably. My only criticism of KD are his s.hit signings(again) and bizarre team selection like playing 5 midfielders and 1 striker against mid table Stoke at Anfield. If we were playing R.Madrid away that would be reasonable, but against mid table side at Anfield is a farce and even comical.

I would love to see Kenny succeed again in his second spell and he can only do so if he learn from his mistakes esp. the signings and given another 120 million to spend. But will FSG allow that? To me, it's unlikely. Why? If they fired the bloke who made those signings that Kenny asked him to make, it's only logical for them to get rid of Kenny next.

We'll lose our next 2 home games for sure.
alwayslfc

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am

This has to be the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:37 am

Played some excellent passing football yesterday and deserved so much more .If Hodgson had left Anfield with a 7-1 defeat he would have had no qualms
whatsoever ,but somewhere in the midst of this ridiculous season our luck in front of goal just has to change .

I wont respond to some of the drivel that's oozing out of this thread ,and apparently being penned by our most steadfast and  loyal band of supporters
(WE ARE ALL TRULY BLESSED )  ???  I'm just glad that the reds are once again putting in some vibrant performances ,and the players are looking comfortable
with the ball at their feet once more .

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 am

kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am wrote:This has to be the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen.

Did you ever watch some of the drivel Souness ruled over? obviously not
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:37 am wrote:Played some excellent passing football yesterday and deserved so much more .If Hodgson had left Anfield with a 7-1 defeat he would have had no qualms
whatsoever ,but somewhere in the midst of this ridiculous season our luck in front of goal just has to change .

I wont respond to some of the drivel that's oozing out of this thread ,and apparently being penned by our most steadfast and  loyal band of supporters
(WE ARE ALL TRULY BLESSED )  ???  I'm just glad that the reds are once again putting in some vibrant performances ,and the players are looking comfortable
with the ball at their feet once more .

YNWA

agree with everything said......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 am

The team played well yesterday, we've come on so much this season and we actually (bar a few odd games) look like a useful team again. However, our finishing in front of goal is nothing short of shocking. We need a Lucas back, we need a fit Stevie and we need another Torres caliber player. Our keeper and defense are looking good we just need to tweak the midfield and play Torres the 2nd up front with Suarez the 1st and we'll be laughing. If we'd scored the goals instead of hitting the b@stard posts we'd be right up there now. but, hey ho.

Kenny is the right man, he knows what to do, the owners are not stupid nor shy of splashing a few quid. They won't make a rash decision and they'll address all the problems... just not all at the same time.

It's a long journey but it'll come good.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 am

Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am wrote:The team played well yesterday, we've come on so much this season and we actually (bar a few odd games) look like a useful team again. However, our finishing in front of goal is nothing short of shocking. We need a Lucas back, we need a fit Stevie and we need another Torres caliber player. Our keeper and defense are looking good we just need to tweak the midfield and play Torres the 2nd up front with Suarez the 1st and we'll be laughing. If we'd scored the goals instead of hitting the b@stard posts we'd be right up there now. but, hey ho.

Kenny is the right man, he knows what to do, the owners are not stupid nor shy of splashing a few quid. They won't make a rash decision and they'll address all the problems... just not all at the same time.

Well said mate. FFS, this is a work in progress. It's been one season. One, possibly two trophies. What the f*ck's up with everyone? League form is Sh*t. We all know that. We wrote it off long ago. The teams around us are much better than they used to be. We were shellshocked this year and realised (very quickly) that we weren't ready to challenge for top four this year. Let's take two cups and build on this for next year. Those who have given up and think we need to dismantle the team and start all over YET AGAIN whilst being completely blind to any on-pitch progress, well you have a lot to learn.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am wrote:This has to be the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen.

how old are you?

it's been a disappointing league season but this team is nowhere near as bad as the dross we had under souness in the early nineties.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 pm

kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am wrote:This has to be the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen.

The winner of the most stupid post on this forum ever.....probably, I haven't read them all  :eyebrow
mkingdom

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 pm

mkingdom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:03 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am wrote:This has to be the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen.

The winner of the most stupid post on this forum ever

fixed it for ya.

:D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:41 pm

stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 am wrote:

how old are you?

it's been a disappointing league season but this team is nowhere near as bad as the dross we had under souness in the early nineties.

Missed those times as I was in college in the US and they never showed matches then. I have never been so dissapointed with a season as I have this season. We had the resources to do much better and on the whole the players always looked short of ideas and passion. I stood by every manager till the end and defended them and was happy with the appointment of Kenny but I feel let down by the whole team as they wasted a great opportunity to get a CL spot.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 pm

We've been an abject failure in the league, let's not try and sugar coat things here.

People are saying "we're playing good football", "we're dominating matches", "we're creating chances", "we're getting over half the percentage of possession for a vast majority of matches", but this means nothing without the results to back up what is a results based sport.

You can choose to paint the sunniest picture you can or you can face facts and the fact that this is probably our worst season for a long time. People say this season has been an improvement upon last season and it has in terms of cup competition, but in terms of league competition, we're in far worse league position in April 2012, then we were in April 2011.
Boxscarf

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am wrote:The team played well yesterday, we've come on so much this season and we actually (bar a few odd games) look like a useful team again. However, our finishing in front of goal is nothing short of shocking. We need a Lucas back, we need a fit Stevie and we need another Torres caliber player. Our keeper and defense are looking good we just need to tweak the midfield and play Torres the 2nd up front with Suarez the 1st and we'll be laughing. If we'd scored the goals instead of hitting the b@stard posts we'd be right up there now. but, hey ho.

Well said mate. FFS, this is a work in progress. It's been one season. One, possibly two trophies. What the f*ck's up with everyone? League form is Sh*t. We all know that. We wrote it off long ago. The teams around us are much better than they used to be. We were shellshocked this year and realised (very quickly) that we weren't ready to challenge for top four this year. Let's take two cups and build on this for next year. Those who have given up and think we need to dismantle the team and start all over YET AGAIN whilst being completely blind to any on-pitch progress, well you have a lot to learn.

hang on a fecking second, are you saying that the reason we are playing so ***** is because all the players have all just gone "Meh" to the league, we suck this season so ***** to all the fans who pay a lot of money to see us play week in week out. if that is even remotely close to true then all our players and manager need bloody shooting but I have a suspicion you might be right.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games