Liverpool history - Some great footage

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby taff » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Again the wonders of you tube. Some guy has loaded about thirty odd videos the full history of LFC.  Ive watched about 15 of them so far and its addictive. Brilliant early footage especially the commentary,  Shankly obviously but for me some great Uncle Bob interviews.  After winning another league title he is asked if he has any other ambitions left and he replies yes win it again next year  :D

Apologies for the terrible link, this is one Ive just watched, Paisleys last season.  Check out Rush in Pantomine :laugh: the guy who loaded it has them all.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fNivamfyuPs&feature=related

The most important man in LFC history could be Albert Stubbins who persuaded Paisley to stay at the club after he was left out of an FA Cup Final.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:13 am

Wow good compilation. I have seen also the first video. Quite surprised one of the commentators of the tv of the time said "not the cricket season is over the soccer player....", didn't know soccer was ever used in England to reffer to football, I thought it was a thing of the americans.

We should gather all the videos about Liverpool in a thread, so that they don't get lost.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:28 am

Sabre wrote:Wow good compilation. I have seen also the first video. Quite surprised one of the commentators of the tv of the time said "not the cricket season is over the soccer player....", didn't know soccer was ever used in England to reffer to football, I thought it was a thing of the americans.

The word originated here Sabre, as you probably know, but it's seldom used in day-to-day conversation here unless someone is intentionally trying to take the p!ss out of the yanks. I detest the word, especially when the yanks use it - the accent makes the sport sound demeaning. Why can't they just use 'Association football' instead FFS? You'll find schools, Colleges, Universities and the like using the word at times across here, purely to distinguish it from 'Rugby football' and also because the modern-day usage of the word originated at a College. Otherwise - colloquially it's virtually non-existent.

*Some great footage there Taff, cheers for that.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:13 am

It annoys me how the yanks call there game football when it is mostly a game used by the hands and our game, played with the foot with the exception of goalkeepers, they call soccer. Its not american football, its american rugby with more stoppages. Bloody yanks !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fortin_mza » Wed May 28, 2008 3:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:It annoys me how the yanks call there game football when it is mostly a game used by the hands and our game, played with the foot with the exception of goalkeepers, they call soccer. Its not american football, its american rugby with more stoppages. Bloody yanks !

totally agree my friend...

As a football lover and as a rugby player... I hate when the say soccer...
fortin_mza

Postby Bucky-Diamond » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:13 am

:bowdown Easy man, I love both of Soccer and Football, because of my country call both of soccer and football.

They'll call football's football and call american football's american football.
But I confuse fine line between rugby and american football. How's differrent??

Forget it. However I would like to say football more soccer.
:D :D :bowdown    :bump
LINKIN PARK MV  From Linkin Park MV
HISTORY OF MURDERERs (HaH) [url=monstermurder.blogspot.com]HERE[/url]
Bucky-Diamond

Return to Liverpool FC - Games