LILLE VS LIVERPOOL - Cancelled

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundalk » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Well we can still win something from this disastrous season so we ,we as well give this a shot

Best team out and go at them.........well thats at least what i would do, what Rafa does is another manner
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well we can still win something from this disastrous season so we ,we as well give this a shot

Best team out and go at them.........well thats at least what i would do, what Rafa does is another manner

:nod

Something has to give this season and like many have said, its a trophy. We may not like the situation but hell, we may as well go for it. I can see us winning this comfortably. 0 - 3 then 7 - 0 at home. Or is this world cup doo dah messing with my head beyond all reason ?  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Well we can still win something from this disastrous season so we ,we as well give this a shot

:nod

Something has to give this season and like many have said, its a trophy. We may not like the situation but hell, we may as well go for it. I can see us winning this comfortably. 0 - 3 then 7 - 0 at home. Or is this world cup doo dah messing with my head beyond all reason ?  :D

in the good old days you would get results like that :D.

can you remember the last time you where able to sit back relax and enjoy a game, i cant.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 pm

The balls fairly in Gerrard´s court. If he wants to drive the team forward we have a chance, if he cant be arsed as against Wigan then Lille are worth an outside bet.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:00 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:in the good old days you would get results like that :D.

can you remember the last time you where able to sit back relax and enjoy a game, i cant.

Actually yeah, the last round ! I really didnt give a damn about this competition, but im coming around to accepting this is a bad season and we have to take what we can get as it is looking more likely we will be in this one next season also.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 am

We should have something close to a full side available, if not a full side available. Rafa needs to start showing what his management skills are, in formation, selection etc now that injuries are not an excuse - not that they ever truly are since all SQUADS are supposed to cope with injuries, the problem is Rafa's squad is so pi $$ poor

But then perhaps we should have put out our best XI on Monday, tonight might be much more demanding than Monday SHOULD prove, but Rafa needs to get his priorities right - two bit tin cup or keep his job/get Liverpool into 4th. There is a case to put out our strongest XI tonight, then rest one half on Monday and the other half on Thursday and then play both halves ie our strongest XI against the mancs. Anyone not so blinkered that they can actually see through the injuries myth will know that even our strongest XI may not win any or all of those matches, so anything could happen.

Gotta smile a bit at Rafa having a pop at Whelan over not focusing on his own team, yet deciding what someone else's team's OWNER came out and said, not that he's alone in thinking it. Concentrate on your job Rafa, you're not doing it very well and counter-criticising someone else over comments is just stupid - ESPECIALLY after the 'facts' aimed at fergie/man utd last season, not hypocrisy now is it...............................

I think we may well come away with a result that sees us win the tie, either a narrow 1-2 defeat, a 0-0 or 1-1 draw or maybe even a 1-0 or 2-1 win. Lille are only 6th in France, maybe just four points off top, but not a great league. That said Lyon haven't exactly convinced this season and they are closing in on their umpteenth title in a row and just polished off Real Madrid - not sure whether to laugh (at RM) or cry (because we went out due to not beating Lyon)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:33 am

So judging by this thread not many people are Arsed about tonight then, not bothered if we get beat, not gonna even bother watching :no But then again this is what our fan base have become, So im not suprised really
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:55 am

Ill be watching Nanny and ill be shouting the team on but Id be lying if i said that this game fills me with excitment

After watching the other English teams in the CL its a bit of a comedown watching the Uefa Cup
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 am

This Lille team are decent, I've seen them a couple of times this season.  If we're not on our game tonight we could get a spanking, because they will be right up for it and we would be a great scalp for them.

The French league has some good teams at the moment.  We saw that first hand with Lyon and Real Madrid found out last night too.

I'd play our strongest team.  A lot of our players have only played a couple of games after injury and I think it's worth playing them all from the start for the match practice and to try and get us into some sort of rhythm again.  I'd have Torres, Benayoun and Johnson in from the start.  I have a feeling Torres will be on the bench though, we'll see.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 am

Benny not traveled,  John ankle injury
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 am

NANNY RED wrote:Benny not traveled,  John ankle injury

Disappointing.

He was rubbish the other night but probably just rusty after injury.

One of the few creative sparks we have when he's on his game.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:36 am

NANNY RED wrote:So judging by this thread not many people are Arsed about tonight then, not bothered if we get beat, not gonna even bother watching :no But then again this is what our fan base have become, So im not suprised really

I am finishing work early me and going to carra's in liverpool1 to watch it on the ale with the lads.

See i care  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 am

Yeah about beer
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Dundalk wrote:Yeah about beer

am goin to drink grolsch all night and schpeek like schteve mclaren  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick