Lfc vs boro - Match preview

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:19 pm

what might help our team is if they go back to school foot ball , and learn how to pass and keep the ball , and how that if you have the ball outside the other teams box shoot......saying that we looked like school kids out there today but just bad ones
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:21 pm

what has been widing me up just of late is the lack of good passing
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:00 am

There's just a lack of cohesion at the back, and our defence against set plays are abysmal.
the-stinger

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:58 am

another thing that pi$$es me is how a team like boro can unveil talents like downing. If downing was at anfield, kewell can kiss his anfield career good-bye.

Something is seriously wrong with our youth set-up. Mcmananman, Fowler, Owen, Carra, Thompson, Gerrard are allow top players from our youth set-up previously. Although warnock shows potential, he is not in the same league as the above players.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:44 pm

XSD wrote:
the-stinger wrote:Sell Gerrard. Before you go crazy,

Stupid overreaction to a bad result.

We should even buy him if he was not ours
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:45 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
XSD wrote:
the-stinger wrote:Sell Gerrard. Before you go crazy,

Stupid overreaction to a bad result.

We should even buy him if he was not ours

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:20 pm

It's not an excuse for the goals we let through

But you can't win with just  a good defence stinger.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:33 am

wee_boi888 wrote:It's not an excuse for the goals we let through

But you can't win with just  a good defence stinger.

That said, is very true. But a good defence helps bind the team, makes it a force. The way we are now, the defence is like an open sore.

To all the people that have been bagging me about selling Gerrard.... you have every right, BUT, this is a HUGE option that the club is toying with, and I bet that either January or end of season, Gerrard will be let go, simply because this is a business, and we could get 4-5 decent players for him. At the moment, we need Gerrard, because Liverpool have become a one-man team, and its not the best thing to put on a lad's head. It is a business proposition, nothing against the boy, he is world class, but look at it from this perspective, and you'll see that LFC need to do it to progress.
the-stinger

Postby Red_Si » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:04 pm

Our defence (with the exception of Carragher) look like they are drugged up all the time.
Red_Si

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:19 pm

The_Rock wrote:another thing that pi$$es me is how a team like boro can unveil talents like downing. If downing was at anfield, kewell can kiss his anfield career good-bye.

Something is seriously wrong with our youth set-up. Mcmananman, Fowler, Owen, Carra, Thompson, Gerrard are allow top players from our youth set-up previously. Although warnock shows potential, he is not in the same league as the above players.

Bl%dy good point !!
As far as I can see the Academy has not produced one worthwhile player. Owen and Gerrard both came from a previous youth regime !!
The results of the current crop are far from eye-catching. My fear is that there a lot of hangers-on employed at LFC who are not there on the basis of their current performance, but merely there on patronage. I suspect that the Academy and Scouting system is run as an old-boys club and not on the basis of a proper business.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games