LEAGUE CUP FINAL 2024

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:39 pm

If it wasn't for Big Virg both teams would've played til midnight without a goal....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:49 pm

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:10 pm

Quadruple on then :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:13 pm

redshade » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm wrote:Was unaware of this record lmao

Chelsea's unwanted cup final record
Chelsea are the first side in English football history to lose six consecutive domestic cup finals:
2019 EFL Cup
2020 FA Cup
2021 FA Cup
2022 EFL Cup
2022 FA Cup
2024 EFL Cup

And 3 of those have been against us :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:22 am

damjan193 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:13 pm wrote:
redshade » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm wrote:Was unaware of this record lmao

Chelsea's unwanted cup final record
Chelsea are the first side in English football history to lose six consecutive domestic cup finals:
2019 EFL Cup
2020 FA Cup
2021 FA Cup   
2022 EFL Cup
2022 FA Cup
2024 EFL Cup

And 3 of those have been against us :D

Surely they would have been better off spending £1b on players instead of buying all those pathetic plastic flags !! Oh sh1t the entitled Chavs have spent £1b on players !!  What a manager they’ve got though in Potty, he couldn’t even motivate them to give extra time everything they had against a bunch of kids who are only just out of nappies.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:01 am

Pochettino has beaten Klopp only once in 14 meetings, he's simply not good enough and the squad's too good for him and he'll cause it's destruction.
99% of fans realise that except the owners of Chelsea.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:26 pm

The yanks need to get off their @rse and convince Jurgen to stay. That victory does not happen with any other manager in the dugout, it just doesn’t. The man inspires such belief that the impossible becomes possible. Even kids who normally spend their weekends playing against other kids in front of one man and his dog suddenly think nothing of going toe-to-toe with World Cup winners and £100m signings in front of 90,000 people in the National Stadium.
To let this man walk away at an age when in the old days managers were just getting started would be borderline criminal.
Sit him down, see what he wants, I’m sure something could be worked out even if it means Pep taking over for a year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:52 pm

Yakka the logical solution is Pep becomes manager and Jurgen director of football... But no one ever asks me....   :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:26 pm wrote:The yanks need to get off their @rse and convince Jurgen to stay. That victory does not happen with any other manager in the dugout, it just doesn’t. The man inspires such belief that the impossible becomes possible. Even kids who normally spend their weekends playing against other kids in front of one man and his dog suddenly think nothing of going toe-to-toe with World Cup winners and £100m signings in front of 90,000 people in the National Stadium.
To let this man walk away at an age when in the old days managers were just getting started would be borderline criminal.
Sit him down, see what he wants, I’m sure something could be worked out even if it means Pep taking over for a year.

I think his just tired of working miracles and competing with City. Klopp V2 is working really well and could flourish but I guess Klopp has sort of had enough. Just hoping the new manager will help the young lads reach their potential.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:05 am

Klopp works miracles with limited options. Towards the end of every half they were piling on the pressure but as soon as he gets them for a chat they come out organised again and ready to go. Not a lot of managers can do that.

Again delighted we beat that lot with a depleted team.  :laugh:  Even better they didn't get a chance at pens. Number 10 for us as well.

On another note I heard off a mate that the prize money for that was 100k  :wwww  That's not worth putting 90% of the players out for if true.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:26 pm wrote:The yanks need to get off their @rse and convince Jurgen to stay. That victory does not happen with any other manager in the dugout, it just doesn’t. The man inspires such belief that the impossible becomes possible. Even kids who normally spend their weekends playing against other kids in front of one man and his dog suddenly think nothing of going toe-to-toe with World Cup winners and £100m signings in front of 90,000 people in the National Stadium.

Problem with that Yakka is Klopp has integrity and you cannot easily change a person with real integrity’s mind. Their beliefs are what guide them not necessarily money or other superficial things. I cannot see Klopp changing his mind once he made that decision public. As for Pep taking over for a year, it means he has to get demoted after a year and I’m not sure as a professional he would want to do that. My bet is that Klopp is quitting for personal reasons most probably family and they want to live in Spain with the nicer weather. They bought a nice home in Spain.

We need to look forward as a club as the next decision the club makes will be huge, for us the fans but also for the owner’s bottom line. They feck up the next decision and they will devalue the club. You would think that Klopp will feel a sense of responsibility and help out in the process. He seems to be a good judge of character.

I am certain that Klopp will miss the club and supporters though, I don’t believe he will ever have this good a relationship again. The club fit him just like he fit the club, it was a two way street. The club gave Klopp as much as Klopp gave the club.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:59 pm

What a great day....exciting game  both teams having good chances...the young lads were magnificent ... Kelleher was outstanding and would be first choice at all the premier league clubs bar us and City,   my man of the match was Endo...... lets home we are back in May
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:42 pm

supersub » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:59 pm wrote:What a great day....exciting game  both teams having good chances...the young lads were magnificent ... Kelleher was outstanding and would be first choice at all the premier league clubs bar us and City,   my man of the match was Endo...... lets home we are back in May

The support was also fantastic mate, especially during extra time at 0-0. Wembley turned into Anfield at probably the most important moment and when the players needed it the most.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games