Wright-phillips  to west ham - Should we go for him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mattylfc » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:46 am

CharmlessMan wrote:
puroresu wrote:Did arsenal get a bid accepted?  As soon as chelsea bid £21 mil for swp there was only one place he was going.  the only choice for swp was to refuse to go which would of made no sense.

He should of said no, he's wasted well over a season of football at Chelsea. He would of made better strides at Man City.

Im sure SWP would agree that it wasnt a good move for him but how was he to know that he would play so few games.  It was a massive opportunity for SWP to go and prove he is up there with the best in the world.  Unfortunately it hasnt quite worked out like that.

I think that SWP should definately be taken into consideration but personally i dont think we will sign him, prob wont even try to.
mattylfc

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:11 am

So some people think if SWP isnt good enough for chelsea his not good enough for Liverpool.  Well Pennant wasnt good enough for Arsenal yet somehow his good enough for us?  Look at the players who play instead of SWP.  World class players and the fact Chelsea dont play with wingers explains why he cant get in.
puroresu

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:11 am

true puroresu

also imho SWP is twice the player peenant is or will every be. No offence to the lads but SWp has more skill, more pace, more goal threat, more tatical knowledge about when to cut inside and when to take players on, he has more confidence in his own ability (even when he's not playing regularly), he scores more goals, and is definately one those those players you can bring on who can make an impact or change a game.

BUT

as mentioned above by badbob:
Chelsea are still never going to sell to us - end of.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:16 am

It will never happen they will never sell a player to their rivals even if they dont rate him, they wont want to make us stronger, the reason they bought him in the first place was so we could'nt.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:04 pm

Agreed. Chelsea only signed him tomake sure no-one else could get him. I think Rafa did want SWP but I think Chelsea told him where to go.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Could someone please tell me what SWP has done to justify £10m (let alone the money Chelsea payed for him)? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:14 pm

stmichael wrote:Could someone please tell me what SWP has done to justify £10m (let alone the money Chelsea payed for him)? ???

good point...he's done nothing and isn't worth 5 million at the moment, let alone 10!

SWP was good for Man City...yet he's been unable to get into the Chelsea team and that raises a question.  Would he be good enough for Liverpool?

He's got ability, but i think 10 million is a joke for a player who struggles to get on the bench.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:17 pm

Pennant isnt worth the money we paid on him.  SWP is better and worth more.
puroresu

Postby kobashi » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:47 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stmichael wrote:Could someone please tell me what SWP has done to justify £10m (let alone the money Chelsea payed for him)? ???

good point...he's done nothing and isn't worth 5 million at the moment, let alone 10!

SWP was good for Man City...yet he's been unable to get into the Chelsea team and that raises a question.  Would he be good enough for Liverpool?

He's got ability, but i think 10 million is a joke for a player who struggles to get on the bench.

Have a look at the Chelsea team and look at the system they play.  that will tell you why he does not get into the team.

he maybe on the chelsea bench but he is still more than good enough to be in out team.
kobashi

Postby Nando » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:51 pm

When Chelsea sold Damnien Duff to Newcastle for £5 million I thought it was bargain of the century and pondered why Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal didnt go in for them. The fact is that Chelsea would never have sold Duff for that price to any of their rivals as they dont wish to strengthen their rivals.

This is the same with SWP. They would rather sell him to West Ham or maybe Spurs because they are not genuine title contenders.
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mannyk » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:09 pm

PabloAimar wrote:i guarantee that if we signed him on 1st january, every person who's posted on this thread will all-of-a-sudden beshouting about how he's the best winger in the world.

jermaine pennant vs shaun wright-philips? gimme a break, its a no-brainer

yep
Mannyk

Postby kop11 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 pm

man city seem to be paying alot of intrest! ???
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby crossy11 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:14 pm

It's one to think about. It depends on the price that Chelsea sell him for. If he is at a low price, he's one to go for, but would chelsea sell him to us?
crossy11

Postby alxy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:39 am

Mikz wrote:No Id let him be. If hes not good enough for Chelsea, hes hardly good enough for us.  :;):

Hmm....going by that logic, Pennant was dumped by Arsenal. So if he's not good enough for Arsenal, he's good enough for us?  :eyebrow
alxy

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 am

Alxy im starting to think yes Pennant is not good enough for us.

Do any of you think that Rafa would sell Pennant in the summer and go for SWP?

Im sure Chelsea wont be seeing us a title threat then. SWP want to play for a big team and hes not going to win anything at West Ham. I cant see him going back to Man City either.

The only side i can see him going to perhaps is Arsenal although I dont think Wenger would meet Chelseas price.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion