Would you start cisse on wednesday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:05 pm

Baros has been rated as a 'doubt' for our Champions League encounter with Chelsea.

So do we start Cisse?

I have heard people saying he has looked lively since returning. Is this true?

So the question is would you play Cisse on Wednesday night against Chelsea?
morientes_gerrard

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:08 pm

I would start with Cisse,Im sick of  Baros and his excuses/lack of commitment.
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:11 pm

its a tough one, i dont think cisse is the type of player that will chase the chelsea back four all night and if we are to get any success on wednesday i feel we have to do to chelsea what we did at anfield as in dont give them a second on the ball. but if milan is injured i guess he`ll have to start.
i would have preferred to play just milan up front away and milan and cisse at home.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:03 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:its a tough one, i dont think cisse is the type of player that will chase the chelsea back four all night and if we are to get any success on wednesday i feel we have to do to chelsea what we did at anfield as in dont give them a second on the ball. but if milan is injured i guess he`ll have to start.
i would have preferred to play just milan up front away and milan and cisse at home.

My thoughts exactly mate
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:08 pm

The problem is he may not be 100% fit. He hasn't played any reserve games despite there being at least 2 since the juventus game. He has only had 40 mins of football since his injury. If milan is fit then I wouldn't risk cisse. I think we should go with the same line up that has got us this far.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:54 pm

Ideally Cisse needs to be eased in and not started for a couple more games.  But if Milan is ruled out, I'd go with Cisse.  Chelsea's defence hasn't looked so great recently so I think it's worth attacking them and trying to get that all important away goal.  They were lucky against Fulham today and not firing on all cylinders.  Although Robben is back and looking sharp...
sniffy98

Postby coolsobs » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:11 pm

i'd much rather try and hope that milan is fit but if he isnt it doesnt leave us much choice so maybe we will have to play him but cross your fingers that milan can play.
coolsobs

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:54 pm

JohnnyAldridge fan wrote:I would start with Cisse,Im sick of  Baros and his excuses/lack of commitment.

Baros may be selfish, he may miss sitters but i don't know how you can question the lads workrate and commitment on the pitch. He runs and runs till he's ready to drop. In case no-one has noticed, Cisse doesn't do a lot in terms of closing down the opposition or putting in tackles.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:13 pm

Scottbot wrote:
JohnnyAldridge fan wrote:I would start with Cisse,Im sick of  Baros and his excuses/lack of commitment.

Baros may be selfish, he may miss sitters but i don't know how you can question the lads workrate and commitment on the pitch. He runs and runs till he's ready to drop. In case no-one has noticed, Cisse doesn't do a lot in terms of closing down the opposition or putting in tackles.

Hi scotbott,maybe I am being a bit unfair to the guy but this was his season to prove to us he could be a top front man what has he given us?,preseason he told us he would love a move to  Barca,he hasn't scored since feb and apparently his agent is in talks with Valencia,he's missed  more than 5 chances in front of goal against numerous teams and gets sent off against our main rivals across the mersey for a reckless challange,I really thought this would be his season, he was always in Owens shadow and houllier prefered heskey also,thats why I thought this season he would come good, he hasn't.(true he has had some minor injuries),I would prefer to see Cisse  start up front(and not as a ****** winger)
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:30 am

i would definitely.we've got to win tis one since the 4th place is out of grab n hopefully the lads will be able to rise to the occassions n treat the match as 1 of the important match in the history.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:12 am

I would start with cisse and Le talac, baros never picks his head up off the floor, it may be a "blessing in disguise" him not playing?..he has had enough chances to prove himself, chelsea know what to expect from him...but they dont know cisse!! :;):
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:16 am

I'm no Cisse devotee but he did look the most potent striker on view when he came on as sub yesterday. The pace is definately still there and contrary to previous posters on here, I don't think we'll see Liverpool harrying Chelsea at every turn as in an English Premiership match. I expect us to be very compact and play on the break. With Alonso and Gerrard in the team it only needs one perfectly wieghted through ball and Cisse would be in. I wouldn't mind too much if he strolls around with his hands on his hips this time as long as he provides the menace when we have the ball.
14 million was way over the top in my view, but a goal on Wednesday night would certainly pay back a chunk of it. I say satart him and give him an hour, if Baros is OK bring him on for the last half-hour to give us an out ball into the channels.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAYMAN » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:32 am

Simple....

YES!!!

Up front too, none of this right wing nonesence!

G
http://lfc-forum.com

Home of the LFC-WAP-Forum

The forum you can use whilst having a poo!

.... It don't get better than that ....
GRAYMAN

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:50 am

My starting line up would be

Dudek
Finnan  Hyypia   Cara  Traore

Gerrard  Biscan   Alonso Riise
               Garcia
                   Cisse

I think i would be tempted to play Gerrard on the right for this one maybe swapping Bican Garcia and Gerrard around during the game Gerrard could swap With Biscan or Garcia .
I would be looking for him to cancel out the threat of either Duff or  Robben, Biscan could sit in the middle and Alonso can do what he does best.
The only gamble would be on Cisse and his fitness but i would definately start him ,it doesnt matter now cos he can be rested for the premiership.
66-1112520797

Postby blizzardic » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:44 pm

Yeah Babe, make him start!Cisse ROCKS!!!!wow!
silence
blizzardic

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion