Why roy is right..... - Buying for the here and now.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:57 pm

bigmick wrote:We did finsih above Birmingham in the end Red you're quite right. They fell away a bit towards the end and the class rose to the top in that particular battle. We also managed to get ourselves 11 points clear of Blackburn as I remember, which shouldn't be sniffed at :buttrock.

Looking forward though rather than back which is always healthier, call me crazy but I'm actually aspiring to do a bit better this season. The Birmingham match is crucial in many ways. Win there and we'll really be onto something, draw and we will be staying solid during our unbelieveably difficult start, lose and the real fans will be circling, baying for blood after four league games.

I'm taking us to put in a performance and better last seasons 2-2 draw. Us to win 2-0   :buttrock

Whilst I am obviously delighted everything in your garden is starting to blossom ... I must remind you ours (which true fans like to call it ,Well you started it :D ) will not grow sufficiently enough until We  rid it of the weeds which have choked the life out any shoots of hope that have tried in vain to   surface
Anyway leaving the garden terminology behind for a brief minute  Do you not consider yourself to be a real fan ..it seems in every post you seem to mention the term as though you are in some way separated from it .... almost like you stand aloof .. I'm just curious as to why you would distance yourself from the saying
??? and here's one more for Bob  ???   (trust me its a Canadian joke ,its all the rage on the Star Wars forums no doubt ) as for me Michael I will continue watching the Reds from wherever I can.... be that Anfield or my Local ,but when push comes to shove I would never slate the Liverpool manager after a match and I never have (well aside from Houllier when I could take no more )anyway lets just see how we fare under Hodgson ... I'm sure  we are both slightly apprehensive as to the eventual outcome as every fan if being completely honest with himself would concur ....be they "Real Fans " or not
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:50 pm

I agree with Mick, again. He speaks a lot of sense, I am not going to repeat all he said but they are valid points.

The biggest factor, INHO in determining our poor performances so far is that Roy has not had enough time to coach his ideas into the players Psyche.. he is very hands on manager and does a lot of work in training with the players. Our players have been used to playing a certain way for years and we all know we have played some very boring football.

This will change in time, but it will take time. i have said on here before we will not be able to judge Roys style of play until after Christmas, and we will not see any form of consistent improvement until then either.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Unfortunatly it is no longer a paitent game and we could be miles away come xmas .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Unfortunatly it is no longer a paitent game and we could be miles away come xmas .

I'm confused.  You keep bringing up this point about there being no time in the modern game to bed in, it's no longer a patient game, etc. etc.  When you say these things, are you suggesting that you have no intention of being patient?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Unfortunatly it is no longer a paitent game and we could be miles away come xmas .

I'm confused.  You keep bringing up this point about there being no time in the modern game to bed in, it's no longer a patient game, etc. etc.  When you say these things, are you suggesting that you have no intention of being patient?

Bob I just want what's best for Liverpool and I will always support the players and manager and will never demand someone to be sacked , but can you say that about the rest of the football world , if we are in bottom half of table around Xmas 20 odd points behind the leaders people will start the whispers , the media will leap on hodgson and fans will join in as well - people do want success but they aren't patient for it
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Bob I just want what's best for Liverpool and I will always support the players and manager and will never demand someone to be sacked , but can you say that about the rest of the football world , if we are in bottom half of table around Xmas 20 odd points behind the leaders people will start the whispers , the media will leap on hodgson and fans will join in as well - people do want success but they aren't patient for it

those are big ifs and buts mate.. what if we go on a good run?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 pm

If we go on a good then its great Dawson . At the moment though the performances aren't pointing towards that .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:If we go on a good then its great Dawson . At the moment though the performances aren't pointing towards that .

Did you watch the Arsenal game?

Citeh dont count, that was a mess, and Brom was.. we can call that the blip... a blip that we won, in seasons past we may have accepted the draw
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Yes I did watch the arsenal game - I watches them dominate us for a whole half with us having no shots on target then we had a great 15 mins down to ten men and battled scored then arsenal came into the game again and finished the stronger and got a draw they deserved . We have started the season being dominated in possession and not creating enough chances .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Perhaps, mate. Conversely, if we're in the top four at Christmas, mixing it up and playing good football, many will be praising Roy and what he's achieved.  Since we're indulging in the realm of speculation and scenarios, I prefer to think positively and not concern myself overly with how pundits and fans might react if things go poorly.  If it goes in that direction I'm sure we'll discuss it plenty when the time comes.  Until then it adds very little to what we're evaluating in the here and now, IMO.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 pm

And if that does happen it will be great bob and also I am looking at the right here right now hence why I'm critical of our performances right now and wanting them to improve vastly and soon . They say you can win things in he first month of the season but you can loose them . The next two games are critical to how the season will go .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:And if that does happen it will be great bob and also I am looking at the right here right now hence why I'm critical of our performances right now and wanting them to improve vastly and soon . They say you can win things in he first month of the season but you can loose them . The next two games are critical to how the season will go .

FFS MATE!  YOU ARE DOING MY HEAD IN WITH THIS SH.IT!
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

IT'S LOSE:no   :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:23 pm

:laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Just out of curiosity if we finish 7th again (or worse) would most here want a swift change of management or would you all want to give him another year?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:Just out of curiosity if we finish 7th again (or worse) would most here want a swift change of management or would you all want to give him another year?

Just out of curiosity if we win the league would most here prefer a statue of Roy at Anfield or a stand named after him?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion