Who will play there last game at anfield - On sunday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:28 pm

Right last game of the season on sunday against Villa, who will play in the Red shirt at anfield for the last time?
Baros, Dudek, kirkland, Biscan, Smicer, pellegrino, Traore?, Josemi, Nunez, Hamann? its going to be a little bit sad I think, but if we want to move forward its the only way to get rid of the under achievers.
Thank you boys who ever leaves and wish you all the best for your futures.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue May 10, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Tue May 10, 2005 8:49 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Right last game of the season on sunday against Villa, who will play in the Red shirt at anfield for the last time?
Baros, Dudek, kirkland, Biscan, Smicer, pellegrino, Traore?, Josemi, Nunez, Hamann? its going to be a little bit sad I think, but if we want to move forward its the only way to get rid of the under achievers.

I think Smicer, Pelligrino (i hope), Hamann, Biscan, possibley Nunez and maybe Baros will play their last games. Josemi & Kirkland won't play because they are injured and i think Traore will still be here next year :rasp
Red Indian

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 10, 2005 8:50 pm

It will be interesting to see what sort of side Rafa puts out. Will he play his Champions League Final team, will he play the players that need more Premiership games to adjust, or will he play the players he thinks will be leaving. I would like him to play the system he wants to play next season try to use as many players in their best positions.

Dudek

Finnan   Hyypia   Carragher  Troare

Alonso   Gerrard

Nunez       Garcia        Kewell

Cisse/Morientes

Baros is likely to play in the cup final anyway, so maybe we should put him on the bench and give Cisse or Morientes a chance.

I still think that Traore will be on his way, but he deservers thanks for his efforts. I sincerely hope Hamann and Hyypia stay for another season at least. Kewell may get his last start for the club, but you never no he may stay. Dudek is 50-50 to stay, either he or Kirkland will probably stay and be back up to a new keeper. Nunez? God knows.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Red Indian wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Right last game of the season on sunday against Villa, who will play in the Red shirt at anfield for the last time?

I think Smicer, Pelligrino (i hope), Hamann, Biscan, possibley Nunez and maybe Baros will play their last games. Josemi & Kirkland won't play because they are injured and i think Traore will still be here next year :rasp

Duh I know Josemi and Kirkland wont play, Josemi is fit again,BTW all I meant was the players we would see for the last time at anfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:59 pm

Fat sams after Hamann  :laugh: as if he would go to Bolton lol :D
I also hope Didi stays one more season, hes one of my favs at liverpool :)
Traore its 50/50 if he stays as back up I should imagine cause although hesbeen good in europe, he hasnt got it in the prem, god help him he is trying his best, but he has been caught out alot this season in the prem. Thing is who would rafa buy to replace him? Not really that many good LB in England, and I dont know alot of players in this position from abroad.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue May 10, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 10, 2005 9:09 pm

In terms of left backs, I would say Riise as first choice and Warnock as backup. The issue of a leftsided midfielder is more pressing, even if we keep Kewell I think we should buy another left sided midfielder. I think we will buy big in wide midfielder areas, a lot of cash will be spent on a leftsided and rightsided midfilders.

So I don't think losing Troare would mean that we would need a direct replacement. I heard theonly reason he stayed in the first place was because Rafa coudlent bring in a centre back before the deadline. Next year Rafa will most likely bring in someone to play alongside Carragher, keep Hyypia as first cover, and then he has to decide how good Whitbread, Raven(I think he is being converted into a fullback) and Medjani are.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue May 10, 2005 9:17 pm

I think:

Biscan
Hamman
Smicer
Diao
Diouf
Baros
Henchoz (has he left yet?)
Dudek

Will be leaving in the summer :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Tue May 10, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Tue May 10, 2005 9:23 pm

wwe've got enough left sided midfielders if kewell gets injured we can always play riise left midfield. the right sided is more important though.
coolsobs

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 10, 2005 9:25 pm

I was under the impression that we had agreed to let Henchoz leave and he signed a 6 month contract with Celtic. But many people have mentioned him when suggestion the players that will leave in the summer, I'm quiet sure he is not on the LFC.TV website anymore, can anyone clear it up?

I was wondering what will happen with the goalkeeping situation, if as expected a new keeper arrives, what will happen to Dudek and Kirkland, will they both leave, or will 1 stay and be back up?

What about central midfield, Diao is certain to leave, will Biscan and Hamann sign new contracts, will Gerrard stay, will Diarra come back, stay on loan or be sold, what will happen to Welsh and Potter.

There just seems to be so much uncertainty surrounding the club at all levels, hopefully the club will have some stability and continuity by the time the new season starts.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 10, 2005 9:28 pm

Henchoz has gone to celtic for 2 years I think hes left liverpool now.
We wont be seeing cheyrou, diao, Diouf, Vignal and who ever else is on loan again.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 10, 2005 9:35 pm

.                    Dudek

Finnan    Carragher   Hyypia    Traore

Alonso  Gerrard   Riise

Luis Garcia

Cisse            Kewell
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Tue May 10, 2005 11:25 pm

Paul C wrote:Henchoz (has he left yet?)

Yes he is actually playing games at Celtic.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 11, 2005 12:18 am

Henchoz joined Celtic on a 6 month contract with a view to extending it.
I think the fringe players should get a game with the ones Rafa will sell. I doubt Josemi, Nunez, Hamann, Biscan or Traore will be sold. Hamann, Biscan and Traore deserve to stay, although only as back up. (Hamann should play fairly regularly, though).

Line up I'd go with (* = likely to be sold)

Dudek*

Raven    Whitbread/Hyypia(if he's going) Traore*(?)               Warnock

Potter                Welsh             Biscan*(?)                 Partridge

Smicer*                    Smyth/Mannix.

Subs:
Harrison/Carson
Nunez*(?)
Kewell*
Le Tellac*/Pellegrino*
Cisse (for fitness).

I doubt that would be the line up, but you never know!!! At least this gives the players a chance(for some their last) to show what they can do.

I think Rafa should go for a big win with these players, as Villa will expect an easy ride. I'd be nice to see the young lads giving it some!!!! Up the 'pool! :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:40 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Henchoz joined Celtic on a 6 month contract with a view to extending it.
I think the fringe players should get a game with the ones Rafa will sell. I doubt Josemi, Nunez, Hamann, Biscan or Traore will be sold. Hamann, Biscan and Traore deserve to stay, although only as back up. (Hamann should play fairly regularly, though).

Line up I'd go with (* = likely to be sold)

Dudek*

Raven    Whitbread/Hyypia(if he's going) Traore*(?)               Warnock

Potter                Welsh             Biscan*(?)                 Partridge

Smicer*                    Smyth/Mannix.

Subs:
Harrison/Carson
Nunez*(?)
Kewell*
Le Tellac*/Pellegrino*
Cisse (for fitness).

I doubt that would be the line up, but you never know!!! At least this gives the players a chance(for some their last) to show what they can do.

I think Rafa should go for a big win with these players, as Villa will expect an easy ride. I'd be nice to see the young lads giving it some!!!! Up the 'pool! :p

Firstly i just wanted to say that i know u said that u know this line-up is unlikely, but to even suggest playing a team like that makes no sense whatsoever!!!
WE NEED to play the strongest possible team against Villa, as they need to gel in a competitive game, before the BIG ONE 10 days later!!!  We cannot afford to let cack or fringe players show what they can do, THEY HAVE HAD PLENTY OF TIME to show US what they can do.

Ok, mini-rant over, on to the TOPIC.....This is hard, so i will do 2 lists, the first WHO I WANT TO GO, and the second WHO I THINK WILL GO:

Dudek
Kirkland
Pellegrino (please!!)
Hyppia
Josemi
Nunez
Smicer
Baros
Kewell (? Might JUST get till Jan trnsfr window!)  ???
Mellor
Hamann/Biscan (still undecided which ONE will go..Hmmm one is OLD the other can be DODGY!!  :p )
Oh yea....Smicer and ALL LOAN players, though possibly a ? over Diarra???

Kirkland
Pellegrino
Traore (ahhhh, let him stay in the squad!!) :(
Nunez
Hamann
Biscan
Baros
Le Tallec
Smicer
Mellor (think he prefers Sinama-Pongolle??)
All Loan players (Diouf,Diao,Cheyrou etc;)
Possibly some of the younger ones too ie; raven,whitbread,welsh etc;

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby cptrios » Wed May 11, 2005 2:30 am

I'd sure like to see Pellegrino go, and wouldn't mind losing Dudek and Kirkland if we can land a new #1 keeper. I'd really hate to lose Le Tallec though, even if he hasn't quite been setting the world on fire. I've liked he and Pongo since Houllier first signed them. He does have to correct his attitude a bit though.
cptrios

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion