Who will play there last game at anfield - On sunday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed May 11, 2005 2:50 am

I think Rafa should go for a big win with these players, as Villa will expect an easy ride. I'd be nice to see the young lads giving it some!!!! Up the 'poo

Don't underestimate the opposition. Rafa  used a simular line up against Palace and we lost.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby el_stinger » Wed May 11, 2005 2:55 am

K, my shot.

Pellegrino, no way will he be given a new contract.
Hyypia, some may disagree, and I certainly dont want him to go, but I think the money we get from him might be used for another CB with pace to aid Carra.
Smicer, did nothing, done nothing, good riddance.
Baros, Don't think Rafa wants this lad around, he's a hog, but mightilly aggressive. Wish him all the best.
Dudek, thanks, but no thanks. Too inconsistant in huge games. Have a good final.
Biscan, too little too late, played some huge matches the last season, not good enough for a LFC shirt.
Diouf, goes without saying, thanks Houllier.
Diao, as above
Vignal, same as ^
Gerrard. This one is interesting. I think as a player, he is fantastic. As a captain, he is too inexperienced, and with the weight of the club on his shoulders, his game has become way too inconsistant, and has put pressure on himself and others. You can tell by the way the players are around him, that they are not comfortable with him on the pitch, We had a really bad patch around Christmas, and Gerrard did not come up trumps. In fact, Alonso was injured, it would have been a good time for Gerrard to come up, but he failed. Broody, bratty, and way off his game this season, bye Stevie, sad to see you go. Hello money!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 11, 2005 9:52 am

I'd like to see Kirkland/Dudek/Traore/Hypia/Smicer/Biscan/ Pelegrano/ all loan players / Baros (only if Rafa wants 1 striker up front) / Gerrard (if we get a BIG cash (no swaps) offer).

That will save a fortune on wages and give a big war chest so next season the starting line up will be

new goalie/Finnan/ JC/ new CB / new FB/ Risse/ Alonso / world class creativ centre midfielder/ Kewell (last chance)/ Cisse/Morientes

One of strikers dropped if play Hamann in midfield.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 11, 2005 10:33 am

I think certain to leave will be Smicer, as he has already said in previous interviews he thinks this is his last season at anfield.

Baros should go too, he has been a lazy git all season. He doesn't partner well with other strikers and when he finally gets his way and starts as the only striker he doesn't perform. Maybe he can't deal with the pressure. Pretty certain he go abroad
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed May 11, 2005 1:06 pm

judging by baros recent comments he's opened the exit door for himself if there was any doubt about him going before. he's gone. sadly i think igor is also gone.

in my view kewell and nunez will definitely be staying. nunez has shown enough glimpses to earn the right to stay, plus he's only just got here, plus i think benitez likes him. kewell is a quality player who will come good again now his physical problems are getting sorted out. and see how chelsea took teams apart this season using wingers?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:22 pm

kirkland,. baros, pellegrino, smicer, cheyrou, diao, diouff all gone
maybe hamman to bolton, if he doesnt stay here that IS where hes gonna go
maybe pongolle going as well.
josemi going as well maybe but i think him and nunez will stay
Last edited by dawson99 on Wed May 11, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 11, 2005 1:40 pm

it's simple. play your strongest team.

after the match on saturday we have 10 days rest until the final. there is no need to rest anybody.

if we lose, and uefa rule against us, there is a possibility that we won't qualify for europe at all.

having said that, cisse should start the match imo. he needs games at this stage. if you ask me, he should start ahead of baros in istanbul but you know that won't happen.

dudek

finnan      carragher        hyypia        riise

garcia      alonso         gerrard          kewell

baros        cisse
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby joependo » Wed May 11, 2005 4:47 pm

I say we keep Kewell but if we Joaquin we use him as backup in the team.
joependo

Postby Gareth G » Wed May 11, 2005 7:51 pm

Also, the thing about playing a rediculously stupid line up like someone else said, Aston Villa will be in with a big chance of winning, if we get beat and Bolton win they will go 5th, losing us extra money in the process for finnishing lower in the league! I know most people would rather see us doing well instead of worrying about money - me included - but with more money comes better players.

Back on topic, I think there will be a major shipment of players leaving Anfield this summer - probably one like no other. There is way too many underachievers in our great club. I think there might be a few suprises too, as in people leaving who we didn't expect. My idea would be the likes of:

Dudek and possibly Kirkland, both had/have bags of potential, Dudek displayed his on his debut season, seems to have left him in a puff of smoke though.
Pellegrino, to old and slow.
Josemi and Nunez, hopefully these two leave, Josemi looked good at the start but declined rapidly, hes no better than Finnan - so hes not needed. Nunez - well, headless chicken comes to mind.
Hamann, definitely don't think he will stay in UK, back to Germany in my opinion.
Biscan, shame, I think he's quality but would do better in Italy or Spain etc.
Smicer, bit retarded.
Kewell - lazy :censored:, nice wage pack will do him nicely for being a ponce on field.
Diao and Diouf - waste of dadies baby batter.
Cheyrou and a few more less featured players.

I think Gerrard will definitely stay put and I have gut feeling that Baros will too.

I hope Benitez stops playing this one up front bollox, none of our players are capable of holding that position. Anyway, I just can't waite to see the back of this season, hopefully we have a storming next term, which I think we will.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed May 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Just seen a recent interview with Mr Baros, don't think he will stay now lol.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed May 11, 2005 10:33 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Baros should go too, he has been a lazy git all season. He doesn't partner well with other strikers and when he finally gets his way and starts as the only striker he doesn't perform.

Wrong, Baros is a workhorse. I disagree with your first statement, but totally agree with your last.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ariff » Fri May 13, 2005 3:15 pm

i think Dudek,Riise,Hyppia,Biscan,Gerrard,Alonso,Nunez,Garcia,Morientas and Baros will play the last game at anfield...I think it'll happen as i thought.
ariff

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri May 13, 2005 3:18 pm

ariff wrote:i think Dudek,Riise,Hyppia,Biscan,Gerrard,Alonso,Nunez,Garcia,Morientas and Baros will play the last game at anfield...I think it'll happen as i thought.

Yeah right, and that leaves us with no players :)
I'm suuuuuuuuuure that will happen  :p
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Fri May 13, 2005 3:23 pm

my guess for tomorrow line-up

Dudek

Finnan      Carra       Pelle        Riise

Nunez      Alonso    Hamann     Kewell

Baros        Cisse

Subs;

Carson
Hyypia
Biscan
Morientes
Le Tallec
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Fri May 13, 2005 3:47 pm

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:my guess for tomorrow line-up

Dudek

Finnan      Carra       Pelle        Riise

Nunez      Alonso    Hamann     Kewell

Baros        Cisse

Subs;

Carson
Hyypia
Biscan
Morientes
Le Tallec

Ummm, did Gerrard just fall off the face of the earth or what?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion