Anyone but Bitters
No votes
Anyone but Chelsea
No votes
Anyone but Arsenal, Michael Thomas is my landlord
No votes

Total votes : 60

Postby burjennio » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Well, the FA cup semi finals are this weekend, and unfortunately for us Reds it features what most would agree are our 4 biggest rivals battling it out against one another for the opportunity to rub it in our faces when they walk the Wembley Way. So, while you are lazing about your homes on Sat and Sunday matchtime drinking your Tesco brand beer or box of wine, still scratching your heads as to how we scored 4 times at Stamford Bridge and still didint qualify for the next round of the frekkin Champions League (C'Mon Bara) I ask you who you will be cheering on, or most honestly, who you will be hating less?
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:29 pm

If you look at the English clubs in the CL and compare to the FA Cup, you'll see it is much the same sides

Champions League - Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona
FA Cup - Arsenal, Man Utd Chelsea, everton

Had we beaten the bitters then the 'big four' could have made up the FA Cup semis, although had we won we'd have probably drawn Chelsea next round and if we beat them then the mancs and if we'd beaten them probably Arsenal. Pretty much a snoozefest, I am not convinced by fergie's claims that their CL semi will be a great game. Two attacking sides they may be, but put two big clubs against each other and it can often be an awful spectacle.

Not sure you're going to get anything but a predictable outcome from that poll - although come the next round of Premiership matches there won't be ANY Liverpool fans cheering them on.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Arsenal are OK, decent club and the fans Ive met have been sound.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Well, I'm not Scouse so I bear no ill will to Everton and Arsenal have never bothered me, so I'll be hoping they'll beat UTD and Chelsea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 pm

It's an easy question to answer at this moment in time,obviously Mau utd and everton will always be the most hated but in recent history with chelsea it's a bit of a no brainer I'm afraid.So it has to be Arsenal.

Im also quitely cofident Arsene Wenger might do us a favour by not being arsed against us next week and in the final game of the season against the Mancs trying to help us out
roberto green

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:45 pm

It's a very hard question but Everton are probably my least hated of the ones there, closely followed by Arsenal. Wouldnt mind either winning the FA cup but and if Barca dont win the CL I'd rather Arsenal won it.

Which one I hate the most very much depends on the circumstances
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

I hate the Mancs.   Everton are fellow scousers so I tolerate them, I dont care about the rest.

Its a bit of a schoolboy poll this.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm

i want everton to win
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby akumaface » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:13 pm

THe team that I hate less is Arsenal. I think they are a team that plays fair and Wenger is a class gentleman. THey don't have any cheap diving players like Chelsea or Man Scum. As for Everton vs Man U, I would have to say I prefer Everton to win and then have them lose in the final :D . Just don't want Man Scum to win anything ever.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Stopped paying attention after we were eliminated so I don't even know who's playing who.  I'd support anyone over the Mancs, though.  Arsenal would ordinarily be my choice but I don't want to see them gather too much of a head of steam before our match next week.  If they can squeek through after a very, very draining game, I'd be happy. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby DrPepe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Stopped paying attention after we were eliminated so I don't even know who's playing who.  I'd support anyone over the Mancs, though.  Arsenal would ordinarily be my choice but I don't want to see them gather too much of a head of steam before our match next week.  If they can squeek through after a very, very draining game, I'd be happy. :D

yep!

For both semifinals i 'd like 120 minutes of turgid, leg-straining drudgery, followed by a penalty shoot-out that goes to 10-9

:angry:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:23 pm

DrPepe wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Stopped paying attention after we were eliminated so I don't even know who's playing who.  I'd support anyone over the Mancs, though.  Arsenal would ordinarily be my choice but I don't want to see them gather too much of a head of steam before our match next week.  If they can squeek through after a very, very draining game, I'd be happy. :D

yep!

For both semifinals i 'd like 120 minutes of turgid, leg-straining drudgery, followed by a penalty shoot-out that goes to 10-9

:angry:

In the 120 minutes Rooney falls over awkwardly dislocating his knee cap which pops out of place but fails to realize this untill 10 mins later after runing around like a mad man when Ronaldo points it out, On doing so Ronaldo feels pysically sick on which he faints banging his head and getting concusion ruling both out for the next few games.

the added bonus, Ferdinand goes straight the hospital to see pal Rooney or Wazza as he calls him missing another drug test and is banned for the reast of the season.
:eyebrow
roberto green

Postby Big Niall » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:06 pm

I'd cheer for the bitters over Manure, then again I'd cheer for a Nazi XI over them.

I'll probably go for Arsenal over Chelsea as I don't want any of them to win more than one trophy this season (not including the mickey mouse cup)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Perfect scenario

Bitters knock out the mancs an all get on there charra to Wembley face Arsenal in the final were they get batterd.

Wonderful :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 pm

can we delete this thread, all it does is remind me that them three are still in the FA cup and the Cl and we're not. Only the league title will make up for it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion