Whinging, whining some cheese please - Like some cheese with your whine?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:40 am

I read these forums nearly every second day, although I rarely post these days. Why? Well most of the topics are very negative about the team, when I do find an interesting topic I usually add my 2 cents worth.

The last few weeks all I read is houllier, biscan etc hate mail. I look at how the team has been playing and overall I have been extremely pleased with our performances even in some games that we have lost.

I am not going to go on a long winded argument to try and convince people that they are wrong, because they are not. How can an opinion be wrong? However I implore the good fans of this forum to please make this a happier and more constructive place to come talk about the team we love once again.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:32 pm

The reason people are whinging so much is because there's absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the club at the moment unless we start reminiscing about the 1970s and 1980s, which will solve nothing.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedKev » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:48 pm

Why do you support Liverpool if there is nothing positive to say about LFC? True, we are suffering a demise, but it is a bit harsh to say that there is nothing positive at the club. Just need to get rid of the dead wood floating in Anfield. Positives like Hamann, Stevie G, Owen, Pongolle, Hyypia, Kirkland. OK there are negatives as well, but to say there is nothing positive is a bit lame.
RedKev

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:12 pm

yeah but we can still laugh at Wolves ! :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby 116-1065305004 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:01 pm

well there are no positives are there?
The only time the future will be bright is when we break our title hoodoo which I cant see happening.
116-1065305004

Postby Red » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:26 am

are no positives?

what a bleak perspective you have.

I see positives every week. We have exciting prospects in our young player Letallec, Pongolle. We just picked up a player who I regard the best midfielder in the league for a song, Kewell has played well in nearly every game so far.

Is it the cold weather? Do you view your own life the same way? Or as an aussie am I spoilt with so much sporting success that midtable is acceptable to me as long as the team is playing well?
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Chinesegirl » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:12 am

As a kop,I didn't share the team's success very often
The sorrow they give me more than the happiness.
When I talk football with my classmates,they often say how strong MU is ,how strong Real Madrid is ,how strong Asernal is .They also say Liverpool is not strong now.then I quarred with them.
But I think we'll be strong again....:) Then there will be few such topics.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:04 pm

yes :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby 116-1065305004 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:37 pm

Red wrote:midtable is acceptable to me as long as the team is playing well?

It is because Liverpool have that attitude that they are doing so badly, its results that count.
116-1065305004

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:49 pm

yeah, well i,m  looking forward to the result on sunday! [not] mind you look at the positive side, if yeovil knock us out then we might finally see the END!...of the frenchman!! :D  :D  :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:48 pm

WE WILL GET THROUGH THESE TROUBLED TIMES AND ONCE AGAIN BE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE AND FEARED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD .........HONESTLY :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:52 am

Supporters "support". if you want reminicse about former glories thats fine but PLEASE don't use it as a beating stick to have a go at your present team. I have supported LFC since I was a lad too and remember the great times but i'm here for the long haul...are you ?  ???  If your going to have a go every time  a result goes against us and think we by rights should be winning everything then your deluded......football has changed and in many ways for the better, Ok LFC aren't as successful as we once were but please don't adopt this negative and morose attitude everytime you send a post, its boring , its predictable and for many of you,  its taken straight from a  radio phone in comment you heard, so shut the F*** up and either get behind the Pool or take up another sport where they moan a lot ........like Horse racing! :laugh:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:26 pm

Who the hell do u think u r??? What right have u got to shout ur mouth off about peoples opinions? NONE!.
So u supported LFC since a lad then i suppose u r a adult,Then may i suggest that u act like 1 and set an example to younger readers!.Everybody has a right to voice an OPINION no matter who does not agree,But why do u all is still rosey in the garden supporters act like communists do u not believe anybody else has the right to freedom of speech!?..Well i for 1 value all criticism no matter how diverse,If not for different views how would we as a football club survive?.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:31 pm

Dalglish it is okay for you to say that you have supported the club through the good times as well.
For us younger supporters we have EVERY RIGHT to slag off the team we have stuck with them through setback after setback, one failure to another and what for eh..........nothing.
116-1065305004

Postby oldredeyes » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:08 pm

For someone using the name of the greatest player to wear a red shirt, Dalglish is way off the mark with his criticism of supporters. The last time I looked we were still living in a democratic country - and that gives people the right to say what they like without fear of discrimination.
Supporters, young or old have a right to say what they feel providing it is put in a constructive way, and I find most of the criticism on this sight is constructive, often providing solutions to our many problems.
As regular visitors to this site already know, I have supported the reds for over forty years, even before the great man Shanks arrived. So I have seen every great team Liverpool have had since. I am also a season ticket holder and prefer to see live games home or away, but I accept the fact that many people cannot watch the reds as much as they like for all sorts of reasons. This does not mean they are not entitled to an opinion - because they are! 
And I for one welcome their comments.
As far as being happy with our 'mid table team' I would advise Dalglish to consider the following.
1. This club has gone backwards in real terms over the past five years.
2. The club has lost respect in the UK and Europe.
3. Teams no longer fear us.
4. The management structure is weak, misguided and clueless.
5. We have four or five top players and two promising ones. The rest are mediocre.
5. The ethos built up in the club by Shanks and Paisley has been destroyed and words like passion and pride are no longer spoken in the dressing room. Talk of skill went a long time ago.
6. Unless we do something over the next few months to arrest the decline we will forever be a 'mid table team'. And that is unacceptable.

I have been lucky in watching some of the greatest players and greatest teams ever to play in the red shirts of Liverpool.
I think it is about time some of the younger fans had a team to be proud of and feel the same excitement that I have felt for all these years.
I will always be a red and will support them through thick and thin - but I still treasure my right to criticise them when they fall below the standards of this great football club.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion