Whinging, whining some cheese please - Like some cheese with your whine?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:43 pm

Hmmmmm , read your reply beavis and your "right" to slag off the team is yours yes. My point regarding the changes in football are valid. With the EXCEPTION of Arsenal and Man U Liverpool are still the 3rd most successful side in the last 13 years so your reference to us doing "nothing" is hardly valid my friend. I suppose in the final analysis you have every right to express opinions and I don't mean to denegrate you for being a younger supporter. In the last 5 years i have watched the Reds win 2 Littlewoods/Worthingtion/ Carling and whatever they call it next, the UEFA cup in Dortmund and a FA Cup. Its hardly "nothing" my friend ........   :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:52 pm

Hi misty red , I have obviously upset you a litle, it wasn't my intention. Maybe I need to address my writing style ! LOL :laugh:
I was ALSO expressing my OPINION in case you didn't notice?

Ok you disagree, thats football. I just get a  bit fed up reading peoples comments which although critical don't offer any solutions other than "bring Martin O'Neil in" or "spend big"    ???

For the record i am also unhappy with many things at LFC , the management style, the lack of tactics and the ease at which we concede soft goals. I'm also uhappy with moaning fans who can't be bothered to encourage their team either vocally on the teraces or in writing. Sometimes its easier to be part of the problem rather than the solution.

Walk on.......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:07 pm

Dalglish wrote:Hmmmmm , read your reply beavis and your "right" to slag off the team is yours yes. My point regarding the changes in football are valid. With the EXCEPTION of Arsenal and Man U Liverpool are still the 3rd most successful side in the last 13 years so your reference to us doing "nothing" is hardly valid my friend. I suppose in the final analysis you have every right to express opinions and I don't mean to denegrate you for being a younger supporter. In the last 5 years i have watched the Reds win 2 Littlewoods/Worthingtion/ Carling and whatever they call it next, the UEFA cup in Dortmund and a FA Cup. Its hardly "nothing" my friend ........   :O

Okay sorry Dalglish I might have went just a little over the top with the phrase 'nothing' but it effectively is nothing compared to what our rivals have won in that time.
Liverpool have only had 1 good season out of the last 12(winning the treble in 2000/01) and slipped from one mediocre season to another.
And for Houllier to expect us to be happy with 4th place every season is just pathetic, that is hardly turning the club around is it.
Past achievements of the 70's and 80's mean nothing now, Jan Molby could be right when he said Liverpool are finished forever, it is the future that is more important.
116-1065305004

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:07 pm

Hi old red eyes, I read your post with great interest. I'm NOT dicriminating, simply expressing my "opinion" in this democratic society you say we live in.

I reserve the right to exprsss my"opinion" when i think fans are talking rubbish. Your points however are valid in the main. I would disagree that we will "forever" be a mid table side, we are not one at the moment.

My intention wasn't to stop people expressing a opinion, simply to express mine, I obviously touched a few raw nerves but hey thats life.

Your points about lack of fear, respect and going backwards are relevant but compared to the Liverpool sides of the 70's and 80's who would stack up well against that exceptional era! Using that argument , Villa, Spurs Derby and Huddersfield are tarred with the same......

Despite a poor season so far we are still not far off being a  truly successful side i.e Winning the league,challenging in Europe etc..... Whether GH is the man or not is a matter of conjecture but listening to fans moan all the time and slag the team every time without offering any rational (you excepted) justs makes me feel worse when i leave here than when I come on here !!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:16 pm

Jan Molby ? When did anything he ever SAY actually mean anything , great player, shocking orator !!!!

:laugh:

Our rivals being TWO out of the other 91 league clubs have done well and there in lies the real dilemna my friend, its the MANCS  :angry:

The same Mancs who were unfurling "fergie out " banners , ringing phone ins and discussing possible replacements and writing various vitriolic letters to the Manchester Evening Spews!!

I just refuse to be like them and reserve my "right" to support my team in my way and also expect a level of criticism from those that don't share my views....its Football and its great !!!!!

By the Way "Matin Celtic Oneil" have just gone 3-0 up !LOL
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:48 pm

Oldredeyes has said everything that I wanted to say.Dalglish,I glad you wrote that piece because has sparked a bit of life into a one-sided discussion.To say,only the stay at home,phone-in brigade want to see a change in the way the team is managed,coached etc. is a typical,short-sighted remark that GH continually spews out.I have attended every game,bar a couple of births,since '76 and many more before that;I am a season-ticket holder for the last 24 years and like oldredeyes I not at all pleased with the present management style.The man's obsession with raiding the 2nd rate French League will be his downfall.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:22 pm

Thanks all for this very lively discussion,But if DALGLISH actually believes that hipocracy is an opinion he is misguided...
You berated supporters views in just your 4th post and then had the cheek to turn around and say U have an opinion as well,EH!.
I two was introduced to LFC at a young age and will always want whats best for us BUT i do not own the club so if unhappy with ANY situation all i can do along with others who feel the need to express the same views is try and make my voice heard..But according to people like you we seem to not have the right to have one.
See look the difference now a days is lack of guts,If from Shankly to Paisley and Fagan's era the team were in disarray and in some need of a good old kick in the rear with out a doubt the manager would have taken the team to pieces and not expected the supporters to sit on there backsides and say nothing, BUT with our current managers inability to show this QUALITY it is unfortunately left to some of us to stand up and be counted and NOT be bullied in to shouts of FAKE SUPPORTERS.....
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:27 pm

Hi misty red , I DID NOT call anybody FAKE supporters, I simply expressed a view (as you are also doing). I also reject your implication that the amount of posts dictates the value or validity of ones argument ? I'm unhappy too with many aspects of LFC, I am NOT seeking to silence anybody, free speech is every fans right. You obviously didn't read my first reply as you would have gathered as much the first reply.

Walk on .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:35 pm

what happends if we lose tomorrow kops???
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:41 pm

dalglish nice to speak to u boy i may c u on the 10th against villa and what do we all think about cisse 4 £14 mill so sky say???
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:05 am

No DALGLISH sorry if it sounded like i was saying that ur views are not valid because u had only posted 4 times!.
What i was pointing out is when u made these comments.....
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:05 am

Hey people, I am residing in Asia but I do get coverage of the Liverpool games due to the advent of modern satelite tv. Hoewver, I am a regular at this forum beacuse I get to read and post comments and queries to people I don't know but have something in common with...LIVERPOOL FANS. I enjoy the forum because we get good and intelligent postings and response, although there are some very small percentage not-so-good ones, but generally it allows Liverpudlians to put forward their opinions.
I also get to read opinions from season ticket holders who get top see and feel the atmosphere at the actual games. I have lived in England over 2 spells, 1975-1977 and 1988-1993 and really miss the news I used to get about Liverpool (been a fan since '76).
My point is, respect others' opinions, if you don't like the posting, go and read another one or go and join another forum but never ever slag off people's opinions unless it becomes unacceptable like abusing or racially inclined.
Food for thought, Dalglish. Please don't get on my back because I am not slagging you off, just asking you to reflect.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:24 am

hiya azriahmad, thanks for the message , i appear to have rattled a few people in here but I assure you it wasn't my intention. Maybe its my writing style but consider this argument ...... people have obviously been irritated and a little perturbed by my comments which ie EXACTLY how i feel sometimes, they chose to reply and question me further, thats fine and I enjoy the dialogue. Being told to shut up telling people to shut up seems a little of an anathema don't you think ? LOL :laugh:  My View was that i get a bit irritated by all the negative comments about a team i love, whats so wrong with challenging that ?

Walk on .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:58 am

Nothing worng with that, Dalglish. Perhaps the way you put your words may have rattled a few people. Me? I don't too much of it because most of us here are fans. If it gets a little too hot or personal, just back off and I don't continue with the post.
Anyway, I think we really net a change of presonnel at the top i.e. the manager's post and perhaps the entire coaching team to inject a much needed fresh impetus to our underachieving lot. Houllier is clearly lost it and it is no coincidence taht Liverpool keep getting beat by teams who play fast-paced passing and build-ups both at home and in Europe - Valencia, Basle etc. We have no other plan or ideas other than the rigid playing style and we won't get any better if we keep at it.
Perhpas O'Neill will want to take up the challenge of managing a bigger premiership club than Celtic (when I say bigger means bigger possibilities in one of the toughest leagues in the world with far more financial resources and also fan base reach - Celtic is only tops in Scotland, the English premiership has fans all over the world - I am a testiment to that) and that may or may not be Liverpool but I think he would jump at the chance only that now is not the time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:04 am

thanks for the tip there my friend  :D  I have no time to reply in depth just yet but will do later, take care for now

Ian
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion