Ten million - Squid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:41 pm

John, I don't see why would his agents try to get him a better contract when he's already signed one in the summer, and I think he got his wages doubled. He's either too greedy or the story is load of :censored:.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:52 pm

Did he definitely sign a new deal in the summer?  I knew there was talk of it.  Although I thought that he only had until the end of next season to run on his current deal?

Even if he did though, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days, with King's stock constantly rising I wouldn't be surprised if his agents weren't constantly doing all they can to get him making more money whether that be at Spurs or elsewhere.  As I said above though I think the boy's heart is at Spurs and I don't think he'll leave no matter what his agents try to conjure up.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:01 pm

Did he definitely sign a new deal in the summer?  I knew there was talk of it.  Although I thought that he only had until the end of next season to run on his current deal?

I believe he extended his contract until 2010 [or was it 2008, can't remember which one].

You're probably right about his agents and the fact that he seems to be loving it at Spurs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Reina From Spaina » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:36 am

Judge wrote:i heard that rick parry said, he didnt want to do a houllier 2002 panic buy again and make the same mistakes as then, plus we have around 20mill to buy the right quality. Simao entered the equation again!! thats what i read.

Thats a 1st class point, and Rafa is certainly in no hurry to buy players he told parry "were not worth the money" just for the sake of it in the summer.
I think this guy, who won two la ligas knows exactly what he doing.
Reina From Spaina

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:44 am

King is too expensive. We only have 10m to spend and we need at least 2 new players (CB and RM). Let go for other player.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:19 am

Rafa will not pay £17m for any defender.
He get's players to fit the team, not players to fit the team around. He will probably buy two CB's. A raw talent like Agger, and an experienced hand (A la Pellegrino, but better) to cover for now.

Either way, I would like to think the signings are already lined up, and that we've got a strapping 6' 5" bulldozer of a defender sprinting at 30mph towards Anfield ready to kick some a*s!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:04 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Rafa will not pay £17m for any defender.
He get's players to fit the team, not players to fit the team around. He will probably buy two CB's. A raw talent like Agger, and an experienced hand (A la Pellegrino, but better) to cover for now.

Either way, I would like to think the signings are already lined up, and that we've got a strapping 6' 5" bulldozer of a defender sprinting at 30mph towards Anfield ready to kick some a*s!!!!! :D

lets hope we dont buy anyone who has bubonic verruccas eh lando  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion