What is our corner conversion rate... - Score from a corner

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Anybody actually bothered to find out what is our corner conversion rate? I don't know, maybe it is me somehow I felt we probably have the worst corner conversion rate. Maybe something like 1 in 100 corners?

Is corner not an important aspect of the game to give ourself an advantage to score? I guess to Liverpool corner offers no advantage.. thats good coz, the opponents now know that we hardly offer any threats during corners.

Guess the "real" fans don't care about this type of things..
Thinkpad

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:12 pm

I thought it said corner conversation, and I was about to say many threads go off into strange corners :blues:    :alien:

Damn I am out of it today
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Anybody actually bothered to find out what is our corner conversion rate?

Guess the "real" fans don't care about this type of things..

So, basically, you can't be bothered finding out for yourself yet you feel the need to have a pop at others for apparently not caring.  Curious. ???

Why not go find out, come back with the results and start a proper discussion about this?  :idea
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 pm

haha.. yes curious.. At least I bought it up
Can't find the information I needed, so brought it to see if anyone has it.. but I guess not.
Thinkpad

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Thinkpad wrote:haha.. yes curious.. At least I bought it up
Can't find the information I needed, so brought it to see if anyone has it.. but I guess not.

Well, seeing as you started the thread 12 minutes ago, lad, a little patience might be in order. ???  Who knows, maybe some "real fan" has the information you're looking for and will actually get a proper conversation started.  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Possibly.. and that's good..
Nothing a ittle reverse pyscology can't do :p
Thinkpad

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:35 pm

I found a site, but it isn't 2008 season and he spelled it sason (as opposed to season?) and in it we were in the top 3.

No one had great results.

However, I'm labelling the site as non-reliable, back to square 1  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:58 pm

We've got better - Gerrard had a serious problem for a time just clearing the first defender, but thankfully he has been whipping in some dangerous efforts.

We still aren't scoring as many as we should be with the aerial threat we've got in the team, but in fairness we aren't scoring as many as we could be across the board.
ivor_the_injun

Postby hishhish » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 am

I don't think the label of "real fan" should be used in a way as if it is the real fan who will go and find out such information. I would say real fans are one who support the team with passion and are committed to watching the games, not necessarily being football geeks!
hishhish

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:53 am

didnt sami score against arsenal recently from a corner?
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:09 am

:D  Kuyt scored against Newcastle away from a corner (when it hit his leg and went in :D  )
account deleted by request

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:11 am

torres scored against porto from a corner too :D

this is nice i like this game :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:25 am

I'm more worried about goals we concede from set-pieces, not enough to spend any time chasing up stats on it. I don't believe we convert that many corners, not enough ability in the air and I don't think we mix the takers up enough.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:34 am

I remember seeing some thing on SSN and we along with Utd had the best conversion rate for goals from set pieces. From corners alone though you are right we suck.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:59 am

In my opinion we play the short corner too much rather than just whooping the ball into the box!Too many times we play it short we get closed down quickly and the ball ends up going back up the pitch,its a set piece wasted.

I dont know what or conversion rate is! :D
But i know one thing for sure we have conceeded a lot more from corners than we convert,especially this season and its something that needs addressed and worked at!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion