Another corner turned.......boll##ks!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedSi » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:08 am

I've only had a brief scan of the message board since the game but I'm trusting that those of you with your head screwed on were as dismayed as I was at last nights ineptitude.

Yeah we won and I always want my club to win, but hey, we were as bad as I've seen us this season.

Two goals out of the blue borne out of individual brilliance rather than an ethos of flowing, attacking football.

I'm proud that my club has proud fans who continue to try and motivate the team and keep their criticisms away from Anfield but singing for GH.....? I can understand not singing anti-GH stuff but to praise him is incomprehensible too me. I don't doubt for one second that he loves the club and that he's hurting too but that doesn't make him a better manager, a better tactician, a better judge of players or a better man-motivator. His lack of all these qualities has been made strikingly obvious so let's not kid him or the board into thinking that we will put up with it, for f##k's sake we were awful last night. If it had been Valencia, Barcelona or even that smelly team in hoops from Glasgow we'd have been on the end of a right spanking, luckily it was a pub side from Bulgaria but even then to be honest, aside for 5 minutes, we were no more threat to them than they were to us.

I'm really p#ssed off and at an all time low, I remain LFC forever.....
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:35 am

We won against a poor side. First goal went through the legs of Baros in an offside position. I think it should have been disallowed. Nice goal from Kewell though. Apart from this we did not create many chances. The main focus is still Cl qualification. The away games against Leeds and Soton will prove difficult. I think Pool need four points from these games.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby welshman » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:46 am

agree completely, well done to everyone for getting behind the team, but singing houlliers name will strengthen his position, i'm not calling for anti houllier stuff at the game's just keep quiet
welshman

Postby trick110 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:47 am

So long as we're in second rate compatitions like the uefa cup this will keep buying GH more time. Had his next game been against Leeds on sunday it might be a different story. Baros was class though wasn't he! SELL OWEN!!!!
trick110

Postby ynwa » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:53 am

i dont see why we want gh on here we give him s##t but at the match we were singing his name how does that work i was not at the match
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:55 am

another corner turned boll##ks we hit a brick wall
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:02 pm

GH is living on borrowed time..you cant fool the true fans, just glad it was not Roma,or Milan or that other smelly team from glasgow....RANGERS... ##!! that we played. :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:07 pm

trick110 wrote:So long as we're in second rate compatitions like the uefa cup this will keep buying GH more time.

OK this is not champions league BUT there are some blinding teams in this competition , unfortunately we're not one of them.Don't worry about this win buying GH time, for most of the game we were ordainary , this win changes nothing. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:38 pm

The win changes nothing. Winning the UEFA Cup and finishing 4th this season will still fail to convince me that Houllier is the man to win us the league.

We have turned so many "corners" in the past 18 months its getting boring now....
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:43 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:We have turned so many "corners" in the past 18 months its getting boring now....

I think we must be on a roundabout ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:49 pm

There only so many corners you can turn before you start running around in circles my friends. Didn't see the game last night but I was dumbstruck when I heard about people chanting Houlliers name, we beat a team form the nether regions of Eastern Europe and stuggled for most of the match, get behind the team yes, bt don't be o fickle booing the manager one game and chantig his name the next. Get an opinion and stick to it. By the way this is not addressed to most in this forum just to those who can't make up their mid what they want from one minute to the next
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:22 pm

We've won only ONE trophy with any credibility under Houllier - the FA Cup. As for turning corners, if we didn't lose as regularly as we are then we wouldn't need to keep "turning corners".
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:30 pm

Iknow what i want....houiller...OUT!!..nothing has changed my mind, i can only think that the ones chanting ghs name last night obviously dont go on a regular basis, cos i sit there every other wk and i have not heard any praise  heaped on the frenchman...how short memories these people must have eh? :(
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:34 pm

yeah what's changed? one win and everyone's chanting his name? they should be singing stevie g's name at the moment. without him and owen houllier wouldn't even have a job right now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:44 pm

Lets see if those same people are still chanting his name by the end of the season ...i doubt it!!. what i am concerned about is if we do by some miracle finish 4th  gh will expect us too get on our knees and ask for forgivness in doubting that he could get this once great club of ours into the euro cup!! he will then be expecting a pat on the back from the board, and more money to squander on average, under preforming talentless players. just hope they take their rose tinted glasses off by then. :(
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion