What a difference - Right track

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:30 pm

What a difference a manager makes. Liverpool are finally an exciting team to watch and I have not seen that in a while. Even when we won the UEFA cup, the games were boring. They finally are there to excite the fans. Raffa said about Garcia before he came that he will give us something different, well he sure has. Hope.

Every player Raffa has bought, looks good. How could it be that we waited so long, and did not see what the team was becoming  under Houllier. I mean did he ever buy a good player??? I can't believe it was that simple. I never got on the "anti Houllier" bandwagon. But I really am glad he has gone.

Viva Benitez,

Viva Liverpool...
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:36 pm

kazza wrote:I mean did he ever buy a good player??? 
baros,cisse,henchoz,hypia,hammman,kewell,riise,finnan,le tallec,sinama pongolle,chris kirkland, stop me when im wrong
???
Last edited by the great one on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:52 pm

He brought talent but placed them in wrong positions. If Biscan played in his original position from the start he wouldn't suck now
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:57 pm

Sorry to dissappoint but none of them are world class. OK I was over harsh, they are good players in that list. The point was however how someone new could come, and change a few things round and all of a sudden it is a different team. Slowly, slowly we had become an average side. I always thought Houllier would turn it around.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:58 pm

Kazza you make it sound like Benitez brought along a whole new team with him. We should be thankful for the talent that GH signed because Benitez would be the first to thank GH for the squad he was left to take over. Even the likes of Finnan has come in for stick from certain quarters but he's doing a decent enough job on the right. Benitez is getting the best out of some of them now where as GH couldnt in the end. To say he signed badly is wrong.
Last edited by madred on Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:13 pm

Houllier signed cr*p,he stuck with the cr*p he bought,and Liverpool F.C. played cr*p football when he was manager.End of story.!!!!!!! Thank god we got rid of him and his side kick Thompson, and brought Benites in.:p :p :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:15 pm

GH bought many a class player as pointed out ,by the way you forgot Gary Mac, Babbel, Litmannen.... , but he failed to get the best our of them for the most part. He also didn't play expansive ,atractive, flowing football ,the Liverpool way. 

The swagger has returned at times to Liverpools play in patches we have been great to watch. Against Monnaco last night the much maligned 'small crowd' was the noisiest and lively weve heard for many a long while :) The enthusiasm on the pitch went hand in hand with the enthisiasm off the pitch.

Alonso's range of passing is breath taking , Garcia too looks a very exiting player. These two have very quickly built up an excelent understanding with Stevie, with he and Garcia linking particularly well at the moment.  This little trio could prove the key to our creative play this season.

If Harry Kewell can continue to improve along with Cisse and Baros settling down, we could start to see some good results this season. While the Premership seems a bit out of reach this season, we can atleast hope to keep the leaders insight untill the end of the season. Perhaps hopefully break into the top three . The future is bright the future is red :p  :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:23 pm

who the hell is diarra wrote:GH bought many a class player as pointed out ,by the way you forgot Gary Mac, Babbel, Litmannen.... , but he failed to get the best our of them for the most part.

Get a life,Houllier got rid of good players,and replaced them with rubbish.I WAS AT THE GAME LAST NIGHT, and if you say that was loud,you can't have been to many great european games at anfield.  :p  :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:47 pm

the great one wrote:
baros,cisse,henchoz,hypia,hammman,kewell,riise,finnan,le tallec,sinama pongolle,chris kirkland, stop me when im wrong
???

henchoz, hamann, le tallec,...

they werent good players?

im stopping you cause you are wrong.
72-1090627431

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:51 pm

ZzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:53 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:
the great one wrote:
???

hamman and henchoz not a good player what u bein smoking ? and le tallec got potiental to be a good player
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:57 pm

the great one wrote:
Hustlers Revenge wrote:
the great one wrote:
???

hamman and henchoz not a good player what u bein smoking ? and le tallec got potiental to be a good player

I think he does it on purpose no-one could be that stupid  :)

who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:57 pm

Hustler, do u think we should sign Duberry?  :laugh:

am i the only one who thinks Hustler is a leeds fan?
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:00 pm

I'd better not post what I think he is :D :D :D  :p

who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:00 pm

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion