We want more tickets - Tickets for athens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SuperScouser » Wed May 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Liverpool and ac Milan Fans Should at least be givin 25,000 tickets each!!! Its a final for F!!ck sake
SuperScouser

Postby SuperScouser » Thu May 10, 2007 11:11 am

Liverpool have complained about their ticket allocation for the UEFA Champions League final against Milan.

The Reds have been awarded 17,000 seats for the game at the 63,000-capacity Olympic Stadium in Athens, and believe they are entitled to ask Uefa for more.

Liverpool have been criticised by some of their own fans for their methods of distribution, with some having made arrangements to travel only to be told they will not qualify for a ticket.

"The bottom line is that Uefa have not supplied anywhere near enough tickets for the Champions League Final," read a statement from the club.

"Liverpool have expressed their disappointment and frustration to Uefa - but have been told categorically that no more tickets will be allocated to the club, not even the returned tickets from Milan - they will go into a Uefa ballot.

"Liverpool Football Club understands and shares the disappointment of their fans in what is a very frustrating situation.

"Our policy on tickets was available right from the start of the season and has not changed.

"The ballot for Liverpool fans was drawn up to be as fair as possible to fans, but the bottom line is that Uefa have not supplied enough tickets for the match."

Uefa, who has allocated 20,000 tickets to the 'Uefa family' and a further 9,000 via a ballot, insist the system is fair.

"If we built a stadium with a million seats, the match would still sell out and supporters would not be able to see the pitch," Uefa spokesman William Gaillard told the Liverpool Echo.

"It's impossible more will be released in the coming weeks - 17,000 is the final figure."
SuperScouser

Postby SuperScouser » Thu May 10, 2007 1:09 pm

UEFA's totally inadequate allocation of just 17,000 tickets to Liverpool Football Club for a stadium that will seat 63,000 people on the night of the Champions League Final has caused huge controversy. 
With many supporters upset and frustrated that the club cannot supply them with a ticket, Chief Executive Rick Parry has addressed some of the issues currently dominating discussions amongst fans.

Why did the club decide to hold a ballot for those fans who had attended six Champions League games and why weren't Season Ticket holders given preference?

Rick Parry: Unfortunately there's not a perfect way to do these things. In the old days this would have been a purely random allocation based on serial numbers. However, a number of years ago we introduced a system rewarding loyalty in cup competitions if we got through to finals. We recognise there will always be people who are unhappy with that, but at least there is a fairness with that system. In fact, what we've done this time round is consistent with the way we approached the distribution of tickets for Istanbul.

We said at the beginning of the season that if we got to a final, tickets would be allocated on the basis of attendance in that competition. To then change our minds and inform people that we intend to do it a different way would have been unfair on those who have bought the tickets.

There will be arguments from those who have been to every European game in the last 50 years who say their loyalty is greater and I accept they have a point but if we set the rules at the start of the season it is only fair we stick by them.

But which ever way we look at the situation, the problem comes back to the overall number of tickets. In Istanbul the number of people who had attended six games was less than the ticket allocation. This year we have had significantly more people. Clearly, people who have attended seven or more games will definitely get a ticket.

How was the ballot organised?

All those who were eligible, those supporters who had attended six Champions League matches either home or away or a combination or both – not including the Maccabi Haifa matches – were entered into a computer programme which randomly selected those who would be offered a ticket.

How will fans know they have been successful in the ballot?

Every supporter who has been successful in the ballot will receive a letter from us on Friday and they have until Tuesday to come back to us to say if they want the ticket. Also, any fan can log onto the Official Liverpool Website and enter their fan card number to see if they have got a ticket.

Was there any way that ballot could have been interfered with by those handling the tickets?

Absolutely not. Nobody from the Ticket Office had any input or influence on the computer ballot. It would be impossible for any member of the Ticket Office Staff to secure any tickets for anybody through the ballot.

You will be aware of a post on the Official Liverpool Website claiming that a "friend of mine in the office sorted me out eight tickets".

Yes – I've seen the post and the reaction it has caused amongst lots of our supporters. I've had this checked out rigorously. The supporter in question has not even qualified for a single ticket so it is rubbish for him to go on the forum and claim he has secured eight. Why he felt it necessary to post blatant lies, knowing full well what a sensitive issue this is, is beyond me. We know who this individual is.

Can you understand that feelings are running very high with supporters over this issue?

Absolutely and the Club shares the fans' frustration at this situation. From the first moment we sat down with UEFA last Friday in Athens we asked if more tickets could be made available. The answer was 'no'. We then asked if Milan were to return any tickets, could we have these to distribute to our fans. Again, the answer was a resounding 'no'. I can only apologise that we are unable to supply more tickets to our fans.

What do you make of the UEFA Spokesman's assertion that Liverpool fans "have done well" to secure 17,000 tickets?

I was astonished. I don't think it is helpful in the circumstances. The bottom line is that we have not been given enough tickets and it should be obvious to everyone.

Do you think UEFA must look at the way they allocate tickets for future finals?

Yes, because the current way of working means that thousands of genuine supporters are not being given the opportunity to attend what is the biggest game in Club football.

What is the role of Triangle Travel?

Triangle Travel is a Travel Agency we have worked in the past who will be offering flights and packages to Athens.

How many tickets have they been given for the Final?

None.

So, they have been given no tickets?

Triangle Travel have not received a single ticket for the game. No travel agent has been supplied with tickets for the Final.

So why have Triangle Travel got a presence in the Ticket Office at Anfield?

Simply, to provide a service for our fans and make it easier for them to make travel arrangements.

Do supporters have to book through Triangle Travel then?

No. Supporters are free to make any travel arrangements of their choice. However, our agreement with Triangle Travel is that they cannot sell flights or packages unless the supporter has already secured a ticket. Triangle Travel has absolutely no influence in selecting which supporters receive tickets through the computer ballot.
SuperScouser

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu May 10, 2007 2:17 pm

As a rule, if an entire day passes and you're the only one talking in a thread you started, it means a) everyone else is talking about it elsewhere, or b) they're so busy laughing at your shocking spelling that they can't control their hands well enough to type a response.

I wouldn't mind, were it not for the fact that you started the thread that all chat on this is taking place.

Maybe you're searching for "ballet" instead of "ballot"? ???
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 pm

I think he was having a wee chat with himself on this one....

Maybe we should leave him to it :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Thu May 10, 2007 2:21 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:As a rule, if an entire day passes and you're the only one talking in a thread you started, it means a) everyone else is talking about it elsewhere, or b) they're so busy laughing at your shocking spelling that they can't control their hands well enough to type a response.

I wouldn't mind, were it not for the fact that you started the thread that all chat on this is taking place.

Maybe you're searching for "ballet" instead of "ballot"? ???

shut up u prik
SuperScouser

Postby catalan » Fri May 11, 2007 12:46 pm

I am from Barcelona and I would like to give the opportunity to someone to assist to the final in athens.

I have 2 tickets for sale.

If interested contact me at finalathens2007@hotmail.com
catalan

Postby Owzat » Fri May 11, 2007 1:44 pm

Football administrators should hang their heads in shame. That fans should only get 27% of tickets each and only a combined 54% is despicable. At worst the two finalists should get 33% each, it's not uncommon these days and even if fans stayed away in protest someone else would snap up the tickets so there is no way of forcing the issue.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri May 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Dundalk wrote:I think he was having a wee chat with himself on this one....

Maybe we should leave him to it :;):

he is only 16. Perhaps he thinks he is helping.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 80-1178910791 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:44 pm

Christians – Pray for Liverpool for the Champion Final!!

I found a great website were you can light a candle from the Holy land for who ever you want and watch the ceremony LIVE in Video!
I asked lighting a candle for Liverpool and I saw LIVE the Priest from Nazareth saying a pray for the success of our team.

I believe that if many fans will do the same God will help us.

Please go and do it for Liverpool!
The website address is www.mirezo.com

God bless

Paul
80-1178910791

Postby red37 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:49 pm

Nobody's interested. The only GOD that matters is probably having a few ales with his family tonight. And well deserved ones an all.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby hectorrrr » Mon May 14, 2007 9:59 am

Hello, Greetings to all.
I have two ticket of category 2. I cannot go to Athens. I live in Spain. If somebody wants tickets send email to  h.rodriguez.lozano@gmail.com
The shipment takes 2 days.
Very very reasonable price
hectorrrr

Postby hamisurf » Mon May 14, 2007 12:35 pm

not a winner !

so have 2 flights & hotel to sell at FACE value £749 ! booked with sportops. Will accept less (£550 ish)
Send me an email on hamisurf@hotmail.com or neil.hamilton@wtluk.com

not a rip off or :censored: take such as the ballot
Can change names free until tomorrow
hamisurf

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion