Wats up with harry - Duff in waiting

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anchor man » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:06 pm

What has happened to harry? He came in a blaze of glory and had a half decent season last year chippin in with a few goals as well.
But what is up with him this season? His whole body language isnt right and when he comes on I keep hoping hes going to do that something that says he is on his way back, but so far he hasnt done anything to change or influence a game. Capable he sure is but he seems to be seriously lacking in self belief and confidence.
I would love to see him run past a defender and set up a goal or 2.
I must say im from dublin and without any hint of being pregidous i think damien duff is the real deal and would flourish at anfield especially with the style of play rafa is encouraging.
I think chelsea would let him go and it would b a shame to miss out on him 4 a second time.
Harry buck up  and prove us wrong.
anchor man

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:11 pm

i throught he played  well in the last 2 games  but not really got into the games given the time left to infulence a game
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anchor man » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:21 pm

I genuienly do hope he can get it together. I remember being really excited when he signed.
So lets see . I still would love to c duff at anfield
anchor man

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:15 am

I hope Kewell comes back into form too...even against the solomon islands he played quite...******
and the goal he scored wasnt crash hot either. In saying that He's looking more hungry in the last 2 games so i agree with the great one - it's a matter of time i reckon
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:16 pm

I too would like Duff but where are we going to get the 16 or 17million required to sign the player?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:20 pm

Well i thought he did pretty well today. With a few good passes into open space, and his header was miraculously saved. Didn't see it myself tho so i could be totally wrong.  Also with duff scoring today i doubt he's going anywhere
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:28 pm

true - he was the only one who got anywhere near scoring today. but his overall game is nowhere near what it could be.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:31 pm

L-type wrote:Well i thought he did pretty well today. With a few good passes into open space, and his header was miraculously saved. Didn't see it myself tho so i could be totally wrong.  Also with duff scoring today i doubt he's going anywhere

Yes, you are totally wrong!  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:20 pm

If it was me, i'd do what Keegan done with god.

Send him away to get fit.

Then when he come back, i'd say... you have 10 games playing left wing. I want a positive response and 100% commitment, if you put the effort in the rest will come.

If after those 10 games he isn't at the required level, i'd drop him for Warnock then at the end of the season i'd sell him. It wouldn't be like he hadn't had a chance.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:25 pm

I agree Stu.

If Kewell is not fit, then I'd send him away until he gets fit. Playing him only half fit ruins his confidence.

However, if he returns fit but he still hasn't got the finger out, the the game is up for him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:37 pm

remember when houllier got of signed duff before chelsea got in there? what a dickhead for missing out on that, id take duff anyday over kewell, hes not cutting it
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:27 am

What a dickhead?

Who thought we had the better value for money at the time?

Supose you weren't one of those ay. ???
115-1073096938

Postby adayinthelife » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:39 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I too would like Duff but where are we going to get the 16 or 17million required to sign the player?

And the rest.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:50 am

stu_the_red wrote:If it was me, i'd do what Keegan done with god.

Then when he come back, i'd say... you have 10 games playing left wing. I want a positive response and 100% commitment, if you put the effort in the rest will come.

If after those 10 games he isn't at the required level, i'd drop him for Warnock then at the end of the season i'd sell him. It wouldn't be like he hadn't had a chance.

Stu your absolutely right there!!!!!!!  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:16 am

stu_the_red wrote:If it was me, i'd do what Keegan done with god.

Right, but I think it's not only his fitness that needs a lifting but his a$$ need a severe kicking too. His attitute is absolutely pathetic. Since joining us, he is all talk and no play. My have think he is riding on his gravy train huh?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion