Villa plan bid for bellamy and kewell - £12m for the pair

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed May 30, 2007 11:25 pm

I see Leto as the player who'll replace Gonzalez as a promising young player. I see Malouda, or whoever comes eventually as a replace for Kewell.

Kewell is good enough for being a squad player. He'd be a key player in a good team, but not in this LFC. IMHO. But I've seen the good things about Kewell too when he provided it. I can understand the posters who do not want to get rid of him. I must say though, that other players haven't as much as patience share as Kewell!! . Pennant was very criticised in the first part of his first season, Kuyt, despite working a lot is seen as somebody not good enough (I disagree) after his first season, but Kewell, seems to be especially loved by MANY fans. He must have that something. I like him, but maybe not that much.

For instance I'd never get rid of Crouch, as he provides things that only him can provide. BUt I've seen more Kewells, maybe because his game is a bit mediterranean for coming from Australia. Won't mind if he stays. I agree the money is not an issue now, despite I think it's a good offer. Much better offer than one coming from Italy or Spain (English is the richest league now)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed May 30, 2007 11:25 pm

Sabre wrote:Ace' the new footie Ace of newkit football discussion says

sorry but....your last couple of posts have been shiiitty to say the least....
you make your own assumptions with regards to my post and base all ur arguments on that when i clearly state my points in my original post...
no u dont see the picture from what i read....and no i couldnt care any less...not even going to bother replying all ill say is read my posts again and maybe ull start understanding what i say !

Quite Frankly. Where as I have a mild interest in what you have to tell about Kewell, Alonso, or LFC, I don't bloody care what you think about my posts.

I also have an opinion about yours, but my opinion about that is irrelevant, and not the topic we're discussing!

So, see if I care if you think my posts are shíiiiiiite or craaaaaaaaap.  :laugh:

lsn man im not one to slag ppl off or label posts shiity and all but ur last couple of posts made absolutely no sense to me....

ill clarify my position though and ill try my best to get u to understand what i put through in my original posts...

"the 12mill offer is nt only bellamy...its both him and kewell..."
- i said that because you , in your post, only mentioned kewell and ddnt seem to realize that the bid was for both payers so we either sell both or we reject the offer... i also clearly say in the 1st post that i wouldnt sell kewell because...and i go on to explain my point...that u seem to disregard and u bring in ur own assumption of me rating kewell and not rating alonso and me thinking kewell would make a good starter in the left side...care to point out where i say we should start kewell ?

"to me, kewell is obviously a talented player...  if we had any other options at the left side besides kewell i would sell but ...and as i clearly say in the post... "unless we get cover for the left...i wouldnt sell kewell" its not about how valuable Kewell is to the first team its about having cover in that position..."
- 1st prt is my personal opinion.. 2nd part is what u seem to choose to ignore in my post...it says that for now...we cannot afford selling kewell because we have no other optios...eve if we do buy a left midfielder...we would not be wexpected to go into next season with only 1 established first team left sided midfielder...how you cant see that is beyond me !

"i really dont see what this has to do with what i said in the alonso thread though... a whole different discussion all together... i dont mind selling bellamy... i dont mind selling kewell "
- you to constantly bring in my posts in the alonso thread... fine...ill summarize what i said in the alonso thread... alonso is a topclass player... his passng is brilliant.. we wouldnt want to sell him but if get a good offer and we need the money to sign a new class striker id sell him... that seems to be what 80% of the peoplein this thread are suggesting so hat that has to do with kewell leaving...i dont know ?! you say in one case the money from selling is important and in this case it isnt.. i nevr said that kewel is worth more than offered orthat we dont need the money...again...its just that if we sell him...we'll most probably have to buy 2 left wingers instead of 1...and that would cost alot more than would keeping kewell for 1 more season...  asked if you would give names of player who would cost no more than a few mill to replace kewell as backup but u failed togive any ralistic targets...u mention D.Silva who would be a target for the starting position but what about the backup ?

from all ur posts i see where ur going with this sabre... in almost everything u say u refer to my views in the alonso thread... if u disagree ith what i have to say about alonso..please say it in the other thread...

again... in my last post i probably came out as rude and my tone probably seemed a bit condescending... im sorry for that
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 30, 2007 11:28 pm

No worries. But I really meant I did understand your point. Maybe I explained my point wrongly, that's all.

I'll read again this new post of yours, though, as a sign of respect.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Sabre wrote:I must say though, that other players haven't as much as patience share as Kewell!! . Pennant was very criticised in the first part of his first season, Kuyt, despite working a lot is seen as somebody not good enough (I disagree) after his first season, but Kewell, seems to be especially loved by MANY fans. He must have that something. I like him, but maybe not that much.

I agree with you on this point Sabre, Kewell does get  "this guy is world class, we have nothing like him" tagged to him quite often, even when he has done next to bugger all during his time here.

Considering this, you wonder why some people also criticise players who have given their all this season, like Kuyt and Crouch, and Pennnant to a degree.

As for Kewell, IMO, it is a case of he should stay next season only because we have no-one else with his kind of dribbling ability and natural talent in the squad. A top quality left winger must be brought in aswell, but Kewell is ample suffucient back up, Leto is an unknown and wouldn't be sufficient IMO to cover for whoever else is brought in on that side.

You get rid of Kewell this summer and then we need two left mids, one top quality for circa £10m and another, but you just wouldn't find cover on the market with Kewell's ability for a few million pounds.
LFC2007

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Thu May 31, 2007 1:39 am

They can have Bellamy, but they arent taking Kewell.
Bellamy has been good on and off, but with a club like ours we need bigger stars with class.

Kewell has finally hit form and i can see him playing a big role in the coming season when we climb to the top to take that EPL Trophy!

:bowdown  Liverpool Till I Die!
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:21 am

GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS wrote:Kewell has finally hit form

When?
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 31, 2007 3:40 am

Kewell was one of the best Left wingers in the prem a few years ago, I doubt he will ever reach those dizzy heights again, but he can still be an excellent player on his day when fit. Hopefully he is going to stay fit for a while now, so, as we would get next to nothing for him, we may as well keep him and see how things go. Remember most of the time when he has actually played while with us, he was suffering from groin problems etc and couldn't train properly.

I would keep him, the downside (he gets another injury) is much less than the upside (he plays great). We would get at best a couple of million for him, and save a bit on wages, savings that we would only have to spend on his replacement. I want Owen back too, so maybe I think of injuries as luck of the draw rather than someone being injury prone? The only injuries that worry me are debilitating ones that affect speed movement twisting etc or repetative injuries. Not sure yet if this applies to Owen but certainly doesnt seem to apply to Harry.

They can have Bellamy, with greatfull thanks.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 31, 2007 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:52 am

The reason people like Kewell is because of his attacking flair, we dont really have any other player like that a Anfield. Garcia is different and I dont think Pennant is as good as an inform or fit Kewell. We dont have many players at Liverpool who have pace, and are willing to take on a player or two and who provide a decent goal threat when he is fit.

I lost patience with Kewell a while ago but he does have the quality we need. Its a gamble though if we keep him he'll probably f.uckoff with Australia and get injured again, and we'll be paying his wages for another sick note season. Or if we sell him, he'll have a blinder who ever he plays for.

If they were to sell Kewell, and its hard to justify this. But I'd up the asking price 12 m for him and Bellamy, nah I think we could get more or should.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu May 31, 2007 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby alxy » Thu May 31, 2007 5:00 am

Would like to keep Kewell, but if a good offer came for him, then I guess Rafa would let him go. Don't think he would be extended when his contracts expires next season so rather than let him go for nothing....

But then I hope Rafa has some good plans for LM. Anyone know?
alxy

Postby Kopite187 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:26 am

yes, if we were to sell we should definitely be getting more for the BOTH of them.

id Buy Chuck Norris, he's versatile, can play anywhere..his kinda like maradona and all...one man team..

he'd be surely a player we could rely on :) :D
Kopite187

Postby stmichael » Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm

On Kewell,  I think £3m is about right for a player with a year left on his contract, and who has been almost permanently injured for two or three years. Anyone who thinks Spurs (or anyone else) are going to be bidding much more than that is kidding themselves.

Having said that, for £3m there's not much point in us selling, so I'd let him see out his final year here. You never know, he may stay fit and show his true form. I'd rather take a chance on that happening than sell for £3m.

Getting his 70k a week wage of the books may be a factor however.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rupi » Thu May 31, 2007 2:42 pm

Let's keep Kewell and cross the fingers he won't be injured again! 3-4m£ is not enough IMO and would be a sufficient reason to sell him only if we were running after money...but we got new owners and 3-4m£ shouldn't be a fee interessant enough to let him go.

Let's gamble on an injury free season for Harry!

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

Postby club_Levis » Thu May 31, 2007 3:42 pm

Double standards here from you fickle fans!!!!When Crouch arrived here and looked so hopeless, fans thought it was wise to give him another season and judge.One would have hoped the same treatment is meted to Bellamy who has performed far much better than the Englishman in his first season.Selling Bellamy would be a mistake, mark my words!!!
club_Levis

Postby ConnO'var » Thu May 31, 2007 3:45 pm

club_Levis wrote:Double standards here from you fickle fans!!!!When Crouch arrived here and looked so hopeless, fans thought it was wise to give him another season and judge.One would have hoped the same treatment is meted to Bellamy who has performed far much better than the Englishman in his first season.Selling Bellamy would be a mistake, mark my words!!!

I see what you're saying mate..... but IMO..... SIGNING bellamy was the big mistake.....
ConnO'var

Postby GRIMM599 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:52 pm

well bellamy wont go on to become an Eto'o or for that matter, not even an owen....

Im one of the non believers in owen coming back but id rather have him over bellamy and there might only be 1million in the difference between the two. Offload Bellamy for £8mil and get own for 9?
:D
GRIMM599

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion