Villa plan bid for bellamy and kewell - £12m for the pair

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Wed May 30, 2007 10:09 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I must admit I'm not sure about letting Kewell go. Yes he's had a nightmare time with injuries, but on his day he's capable of being the best player in the Prem.

There are a lot of contradictions on this board, and it is a bit odd that some users have no problem with us going in for Owen, but at the same time they want us to cut Kewell loose. They've been as injury-prone as one another, they're both world class talents... one rule for everyone please.

Harry's weight is under control again, which should help him avoid injuries. We've seen little of him this season, but most of it looked good to me. Pace, trickery, good crosses... why sell him now that he looks that part again?

The more I think about it, the more I think that selling him would be a mistake. World class talent doesn't come cheap, and Kewell's one of the best in the business in my book. We've missed him, and having him and another top-drawer option on the left is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. By all means bring in Malouda and make the left genuinely competitive (not forgetting we also have Aurelio should Kewell's injury problems crop up again).

No deal, I reckon. O'Neill can have Bellamy for £6m though. :laugh:

pretty much the exact same stuff i say in my post... good post... hehehe
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:29 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:There are a lot of contradictions on this board, and it is a bit odd that some users have no problem with us going in for Owen, but at the same time they want us to cut Kewell loose. They've been as injury-prone as one another, they're both world class talents... one rule for everyone please.

I think the problem for most with Owen is his attitude more so than his injury proneness.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm

read my post again sabre mate ... nice and slow...

the 12mill offer is nt only bellamy...its both him and kewell...

No, really? wow. I know, I used an AND between Kewell and Bellamy, but it seems that because I put an explanation after each player, you got lost.

and if you dont think that a fit and in-form kewell would be a good squad member then i dont really see the point of us even having a discussion...

I could have said the same thing about Alonso. Alonso is an Spanish international. Kewell wouldn't make it to the Spanish Squad in a million years as long as Vicente and Silva are there.

And BTW I think you could get one of those, especially Silva for less than 12M, as the money being moved in Spain isn't as big as in England right now.

Kewell is a player for Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan AC, or Internazionale, or a LFC that wants to win everything? I don't think so, sorry.

really dont see what this has to do with what i said in the alonso thread though... a whole different discussion all together... i dont mind selling bellamy... i dont mind selling kewell but to me.. atm as things stand... selling kewell is not an option as he seems to be our only left sided midfielder after Gonzales and Zenden are out...

Different discussions yes. It has to do with the fact that in one thread "the money we could get by selling" is important, and in this case, it isn't.

And it seems to me reading what you say that it is because you rate Kewell a lot, where as you don't rate that much Alonso.

Which is nice, but then in the alonso thread you should have told me that it's not the money we could get, but simply that for you Alonso is less necessary than Kewell.

dont know what u mean by softer than this year...but for all i know... if we had kewell this season...we would have played much much better football... we needed a player like him and just seeing what he did in the couple of sub. appearances u know what we were missing all season .

Much much much? perhaps so. But the fact is he has provided NOTHING because he was injured almost all the season. Not that he played badly, or well, but nothing. And it's not his first important injury.

Thank you for the explanation. I see the picture now.

P.S. And for the Kewell/Owen comparison, yes, both are injury prone. But Owen has been the best forward I've seen in the last decade in Spain after Romario (and I've seen quite a lot) and Kewell... well. He's good, but there are quite a lot more that are better.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 30, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed May 30, 2007 10:46 pm

Sabre wrote:
read my post again sabre mate ... nice and slow...

the 12mill offer is nt only bellamy...its both him and kewell...

No, really? wow. I know, I used an AND between Kewell and Bellamy, but it seems that because I put an explanation after each player, you got lost.

and if you dont think that a fit and in-form kewell would be a good squad member then i dont really see the point of us even having a discussion...

I could have said the same thing about Alonso. Alonso is an Spanish international. Kewell wouldn't make it to the Spanish Squad in a million years as long as Vicente and Silva are there.

And BTW I think you could get one of those, especially Silva for less than 12M, as the money being moved in Spain isn't as big as in England right now.

Kewell is a player for Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan AC, or Internazionale, or a LFC that wants to win everything? I don't think so, sorry.

really dont see what this has to do with what i said in the alonso thread though... a whole different discussion all together... i dont mind selling bellamy... i dont mind selling kewell but to me.. atm as things stand... selling kewell is not an option as he seems to be our only left sided midfielder after Gonzales and Zenden are out...

Different discussions yes. It has to do with the fact that in one thread "the money we could get by selling" is important, and in this case, it isn't.

And it seems to me reading what you say that it is because you rate Kewell a lot, where as you don't rate that much Alonso.

Which is nice, but then in the alonso thread you should have told me that it's not the money we could get, but simply that for you Alonso is less necessary than Kewell.

dont know what u mean by softer than this year...but for all i know... if we had kewell this season...we would have played much much better football... we needed a player like him and just seeing what he did in the couple of sub. appearances u know what we were missing all season .

Much much much? perhaps so. But the fact is he has provided NOTHING because he was injured almost all the season. Not that he played badly, or well, but nothing. And it's not his first important injury.

Thank you for the explanation. I see the picture now.

P.S. And for the Kewell/Owen comparison, yes, both are injury prone. But Owen has been the best forward I've seen in the last decade in Spain after Romario (and I've seen quite a lot) and Kewell... well. He's good, but there are quite a lot more that are better.

sorry but....your last couple of posts have been shiiitty to say the least....
you make your own assumptions with regards to my post and base all ur arguments on that when i clearly state my points in my original post...
no u dont see the picture from what i read....and no i couldnt care any less...not even going to bother replying all ill say is read my posts again and maybe ull start understanding what i say !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 pm

i can understand ppl wanting to get rid of kewell...too much drama and all that. But for some reason i think we should keep him one more season, i just have the feeling he will finally come good....but i wouldnt be surprised if he left...especially if the likes of malouda are playing for us next year.

Bellamy hasn't had the best of seasons, but again i think he has more to offer, the thing is with all this "new-money" coming in we dont necessarily have to wait around for players to come good....because we can replace them easy enough.
dont think rafa is like that tho, he wont be on a spending spree for the sake of it but he has to get it absolutely spot on, if he chooses to sell players that may not be finished yet....so be it
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed May 30, 2007 10:50 pm

Ace' the new footie Ace of newkit football discussion says

sorry but....your last couple of posts have been shiiitty to say the least....
you make your own assumptions with regards to my post and base all ur arguments on that when i clearly state my points in my original post...
no u dont see the picture from what i read....and no i couldnt care any less...not even going to bother replying all ill say is read my posts again and maybe ull start understanding what i say !

Quite Frankly. Where as I have a mild interest in what you have to tell about Kewell, Alonso, or LFC, I don't bloody care what you think about my posts.

I also have an opinion about yours, but my opinion about that is irrelevant, and not the topic we're discussing!

So, see if I care if you think my posts are shíiiiiiite or craaaaaaaaap.  :laugh:
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 30, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed May 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Manutd sign Nani and Anderson. Two quality players.

This pees me off why do we move so slow in the transfer market.  Rafa wants his money to spend and he wants it now. Before the fecking prices go up.

Then we will be left with Darren Bent, Mathew Taylor, Gareth Barry, etc

Henry is joining though so thats a bonus!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 30, 2007 10:55 pm

Another point on the Kewell front is that not selling him isn't a gamble - for a change, we don't need the money.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:03 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Manutd sign Nani and Anderson. Two quality players.

This pees me off why do we move so slow in the transfer market.  Rafa wants his money to spend and he wants it now. Before the fecking prices go up.

Then we will be left with Darren Bent, Mathew Taylor, Gareth Barry, etc

Henry is joining though so thats a bonus!!

Just because Manure have signed Nani and Anderson it should have no bearing on what we do.

I think we know we need to move sharpish, but......

The transfer window opens on June 1st, no-one is signed before then, only deals agreed or announced.

Maybe we will have a couple of deals wrapped up in the next week.

I bloody hope so!
LFC2007

Postby stmichael » Wed May 30, 2007 11:06 pm

we should try and get gareth barry in some sort of exchage in this deal if it goes ahead.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:06 pm

Sticking with what we've got at LW currently would undoubtedly leave us chronically short. If the Malouda deal does come off and we then let 'Arry go would leave us no better off and depending on how the new player were to bed in could even leave us worse off.
Ideally based on an assumption that we sign either Malouda or Silva we'd start with a fully fit and firing Kewell on the LW and have FM/DS working to force their way into the team. We may lose out on a couple of million for Kewell if we don't sell him now but it'll cost us more to bring in two experienced LW players as I don't think Rafa would risk falling back on Riise, Aurelio or the new kid Leto. However if there is any truth in this link with Leighton Baines he may think that having Riise/Aurelio as back up for LM may suffice.

As for Bellamy, cash in on him. I think this supposed valuation of £12m for him by Liverpool is a bit ridiculous and around £8m would be good business. He hasn't really made a statement of intent in a red shirt and I think the high point of his liverpool career was in Barcelona.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:07 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Another point on the Kewell front is that not selling him isn't a gamble - for a change, we don't need the money.

I don't think the money is the issue, it's about the squad, we wouldn't get mega bucks for Kewell in any case, it's just a case of if he leaves we have no left mid.

Kewell, supplemented by a quality left mid would be ideal for me. + Leto who is a youngster.

If Kewell leaves, we need 2 left mids, possibly diluting the quality of the left side.
LFC2007

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 30, 2007 11:10 pm

I agree, and that's exactly my point. Fact is, we have a quality left mid in Kewell, and it'll take more money than we'd get for him to adequately replace him.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:10 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Henry is joining though so thats a bonus!!

Love the way Welsh states this as a fact and the only thing left to be done is parade Henry in a Liverpool shirt at anfield.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed May 30, 2007 11:24 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:Henry is joining though so thats a bonus!!

Love the way Welsh states this as a fact and the only thing left to be done is parade Henry in a Liverpool shirt at anfield.  :D

Yeah thats a fact...

Never ever do you assume anything!!!!!!!!!

Henry will be paraded at anfield on the 10th June with Malouda, and Tevez.

Alves end of June when Spanish season finishes.

Remember never assume anything!! :suspect:
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion