Unique - Special fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:31 pm

It seems the media and pundits alike have already typecast  Liverpool as a spent force ,existing only in the concept of carrion for the vultures .
It seems equally likely that our Scrooge like owners will be gods proverbial gift to journalism ,what price for reality who needs the truth when there are such pearls as Rafa only has 1.5 million to spend ,then we have the equally sensational sequel  that Real Madrid have not pillaged our team enough and want Riera .....

If I believed in conspiracy theory's then I would come to the resounding conclusion every step available is being taken to destabilize Liverpool's season before its even started ,the fact that I don't and probably never will ,just reaffirms my belief that the hysteria being stirred up by all and sundry is making Rafas job inextricably more difficult ,its  not enough that the man has to deal with them insipid Americans .

I think its time to batten down the hatches ,adopt the tried and trusted siege mentality , after all its served its purpose in the past ,Rafa regularly states how special he regards the fans  and how he sees them as the lifesblood of this great club ,and thats what makes us unique ,Benitez is here for us to give us what we crave most ,make no mistake about that.

I hope we as fans put all the conjecture and baiting aside its time to look forward to the season whatever it brings ,and I for one wont allow anything to get in the way of that ..........

YNWA......
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Discuss :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Here Here.
KOPMATT

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Effes wrote:Discuss :D

Yeh go on then   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:50 pm

heheh random thread
Fauxy

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Fauxy wrote:heheh random thread

unique maybe  :D anyway feel free to reply ,if only for a brief escape from the tedium of  transfer speculation  :sleep
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Tell me....... if Rafa needs money which he obviously does...... then why TF did he buy all those eastern european and european youngsters in the last 2 years consuming both the transfer kitty and increasing our overheads with salaries? Why did he buy them then sack Ablett. Shouldnt he have waited til Mcmahon took over then say 'Ok mate, how are we going to play this?'.

All businesses have budgets and Rafa must learn to work within his means - he spends his sweet money then squeals he wants more. When my boys do that I tell them they shouldnt have spent all their pocket money at once.

Didnt Rafa ever get pocket money as a kid ?  ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:33 pm

I think what you say is a good defence for Rafa, he not only has to handle those two yanks fooling around with the club and eachother, but constant grief from the media.

A good message to send out to the minority of Rafa haters amongst us liverpool fans  :)
Fauxy

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Reg wrote:Tell me....... if Rafa needs money which he obviously does...... then why TF did he buy all those eastern european and european youngsters in the last 2 years consuming both the transfer kitty and increasing our overheads with salaries? Why did he buy them then sack Ablett. Shouldnt he have waited til Mcmahon took over then say 'Ok mate, how are we going to play this?'.

All businesses have budgets and Rafa must learn to work within his means - he spends his sweet money then squeals he wants more. When my boys do that I tell them they shouldnt have spent all their pocket money at once.

Didnt Rafa ever get pocket money as a kid ?  ???

With all due respect Reg Liverpool are currently vying to win the Premiership not stave off relegation ,a top club needs top funds readily available when  necessary ,the fact he is still at this club with the restraints placed upon him by the owners is testament alone to his spirit ....
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:46 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:the fact he is still at this club with the restraints placed upon him by the owners is testament alone to his spirit ....

That is the truest statement ever. Cant think of many other top managers who wouldnt have stuck it out this long.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Reg wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:the fact he is still at this club with the restraints placed upon him by the owners is testament alone to his spirit ....

That is the truest statement ever. Cant think of many other top managers who wouldnt have stuck it out this long.

Exactly Reg ,the blame should rest firmly at the feet of our gluttonous owners they are the cancer currently silently devouring our club from the inside out . :(  , no respite should be afforded until we rid this club of its two most predominant  parasites
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby we all dream... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Any more news on what is happening on Wednesday? Is there a protest?
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:10 pm

A protest?? But who can afford to buy us and put the money into the club not just for today but for tomorrow and the years to come with the new stadium needed more than eva?
KOPMATT

Postby we all dream... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Yes I understand that there is much more to it than just having a protest and getting them to leave and up pops an 80,000 seater stadium and 60million a year kitty. I hear that there are leaflets being handed about on Wednesday just explaining to the average fan what these 2 :censored: have done, are doing and could do to our club. I wondered whether there was some form of protest going with it.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 pm

I'm unable to be there on Wednesday, wish i was tho if only to support the team, but have just been made redundo so games are going to be few and far between for me this season unless things change, sorry guys.:( :(
KOPMATT

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion