Transfers 2017/2018 In and out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Fully expect us to make another move for VVD in January. With Matip out and the CL knockout stages on the horizon, we'll need a defender who can play in both Europe and the league and he'd fit the bill perfectly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Apparently we may end up paying 66 million for Keita as it is written that if they make Europa then the fee is 62 million but if they get a CL spot it will be 66 million. Also I read that if Liverpool sell him on then they owe more money.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 pm

kazza » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 pm wrote:Apparently we may end up paying 66 million for Keita as it is written that if they make Europa then the fee is 62 million but if they get a CL spot it will be 66 million. Also I read that if Liverpool sell him on then they owe more money.

Whatever it takes just get him here, if Gylfi Sigurdsson is worth £40m then 60 odd for Keita is daylight robbery.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 pm

I wouldnt continue pursuit of VVD gone on too long and dont think hes worth the money, love to be wrong.

Maybe pursue other possibilities overseas and go big on a keeper, move Mignolet on to part fund.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Van Dijk will more than likely end up at City because we won't pay the money Southampton will want for him which is reportedly 70mil.  It will be disappointing if he does go there seeing as Klopp has identified him as the one to shore up our defence.
Its a lot of money but that is what happens when you unsettle a player and they are dead right to get as much as they can for him because after all aren't we looking to do the exact same thing to Barca.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 14481.html

https://www.balls.ie/football/van-dijk-379996
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

We'll find out if VVD really does what to be here or not. OX said no to Chelsea....if Southampton accept a bid from City (and he says no) then they'll have no choice but to talk to us.

In other news, Lemar reportedly wants to come here over Chelsea or Arsenal...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:23 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm wrote:We'll find out if VVD really does what to be here or not. OX said no to Chelsea....if Southampton accept a bid from City (and he says no) then they'll have no choice but to talk to us.

:laugh:
Do you not remember why we got in trouble with Southampton in the first place ? It was because he came out and said he wanted to come here. After that we left him high and dry and never put a bid in. Now the reports are saying we won't pay what Southampton value him at and that's 70mil or close to it. Do we want to see him here is the real question.
Ox did say no to Chelsea but I fail to see where you are going with that because Arsenal accepted a bid off Chelsea and we had to match that, which we did. Him saying no to them probably meant Arsenal just lost out on the chance to get that fee up front but the deal is the same.
If Lemar wants to come here then great but it won't happen unless we meet Monacos asking price. They know we are looking 120+ for Coutinho and with other clubs interested we have to be prepared to spend a huge chunk of that to get him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:16 am

I think we should snap up Lemar Now for 60-70m. It's about the right money..> >Arsenal were sniffing around in the summer, but considering we could lose coutinho next summer, i think we should move for this guy. his style of play would suit our club.
He's young, he has tricks up his sleeve, is slick and can score goals- very similar to the likes of Coutinho, Firminho, Salah etc in terms of style of play.

It would suit Klopp down to the ground. But will Klopp dare to sign anybody. at all?

I honestly think the VVD deal may be dead and buried, as all this tapping up illegally boll*x has probably scared Southampton off from doing any deals with us!?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:47 am

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:16 am wrote:
I honestly think the VVD deal may be dead and buried, as all this tapping up illegally boll*x has probably scared Southampton off from doing any deals with us!?

Or maybe Southampton want a bidding war just to have more of the cake.

If that does happen i wouldn't want us paying more than 70m. I'm sure we could snap x2 CB with that money.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:49 pm

redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:47 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:16 am wrote:

Or maybe Southampton want a bidding war just to have more of the cake.

If that does happen i wouldn't want us paying more than 70m. I'm sure we could snap x2 CB with that money.

60m is too much for VVD. I would not pay any more than 40m.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 am

Even if we don't lose Can or Coutinho till the summer we need to seriously look at replacing them in January. I think Barca will strike a deal but whether we allow him to leave now is another thing. Are we also prepared to let Can walk for free ?.
Either way those players need to be replaced but both are important cogs in the team so it has to be with quality. On top of needing a Keeper, A Centre Half or 2, A Def Midfielder and a Striker it will be far too much to be left till the summer.
Monaco turned down a 90mil bid from Arsenal for Lemar so its going to cost at least that to enter talks and we are not going to spend that on one player. I fecking hate to say it but if they are willing to give us the price of Lemar on top of that Roberto lad in January we should take it. Make Monaco an offer of 90 - 100 and get him in. We made a profit last year and would of having a net spend of 0 in the summer gone only for they paid a ridiculous price for  Ox. If all this club can afford is 20 mill a year to spend on players then they are fleecing us. They can well afford to spend 70 on top of that for VVD as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:19 am

I thought the Arsenal Lemar bid was 70m.
We could do with getting him on board as well as keita to soften the blow of Coutinho's departure.
Then we should be OK next term.

Lemar is definitely worth going in for with a massive bid. Plus I think he is 21/22 ish.

Even if he costs 80m, if we get 120m for Coutinho the deal finances itself. Plus 40m left over for A decent world class CB.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:20 am

7_Kewell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 pm wrote:We'll find out if VVD really does what to be here or not. OX said no to Chelsea....if Southampton accept a bid from City (and he says no) then they'll have no choice but to talk to us.

Now that has cheered me up!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:45 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:20 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 pm wrote:We'll find out if VVD really does what to be here or not. OX said no to Chelsea....if Southampton accept a bid from City (and he says no) then they'll have no choice but to talk to us.

Now that has cheered me up!

Me too. Maybe he would prefer to play for Klopp, just like oxlade-chamberlain did. If we go on a good run in the champions league, then that would help also.
Amen.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:00 am

The board have got to give Jurgen a big pot of cash, 200m at least so we can challenge for the league title next season.
My targets next summer would be :

Lemar
Harry Kane
Two world class defenders.
A decent goalkeeper.

Then we will be title contenders next term.

We need to spend big if we are going to keep up with moneybags man city.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion