To the imbeciles: now stop - Being silly.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:08 am

lando, why "the less said the better"? have you elevated yourself to such a lofty position that you feel it part of your remit to dismiss valid and correct concerns or post out of hand? another beaut with his head in the sand.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:01 pm

neil wrote:lando, why "the less said the better"? have you elevated yourself to such a lofty position that you feel it part of your remit to dismiss valid and correct concerns or post out of hand? another beaut with his head in the sand.

The post I was refering to is neither valid or correct.
Narrow-minded? -Yes.
If you believe I have my head in the sand you are sadly mistaken. I just don't agree with you. As pathetic as it is, if you had your way we'd be digging up Shankley to manage us, and fercking Billy Liddel to play on the wing. To suggest that only a Scot can help us is laughable. Shankley and Ferguson - two in 3 generations that have accomplished anything of interest in England.
Get real before it's too late.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:28 pm

neil wrote:We need an English manager who has'nt got his thumb stuck up his a.rse, equipped with a set of nuts

wibble wibble
Last edited by neil on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:33 pm

neil wrote:
neil wrote:We need an English manager who has'nt got his thumb stuck up his a.rse, equipped with a set of nuts

wibble wibble

When read in context, you've contradicted yourself.
I suppose you want Alan Curbishley or Fatty Alardyce then?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:34 pm

read your own thread. They were examples of this approach succeeding.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:35 pm

Besides, what has red nose won in the past 4 seasons? 2 titles, a UEFA cup and the Champions League? Your right - we'd be much better off with Ferguson or the like. ???

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:42 pm

neil wrote:

wibble wibble

Are some people for real !!! short memories !!! am telling you look at where Rafa has took us in just one season okay things arnt going to plan at the moment but you know he'll have sort it out.

YNWA
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:43 pm

real time debate eh? you sat at the desk waiting for 5 bells too?  :D

He was their or is their most successful manager of all time and we have our own legend carved into our own folklore who managed in much the same gritty manner. Todays players have too much comfort, I can see it in some LFC players displays, do your children get upset when we cowardly roll over?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:49 pm

I know yeah roll on 5 o'clock

Rafa's started cracking the whip in public now so its gonna be good to see what the players reaction is to it
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:54 pm

neil wrote:real time debate eh? you sat at the desk waiting for 5 bells too?  :D

He was their or is their most successful manager of all time and we have our own legend carved into our own folklore who managed in much the same gritty manner. Todays players have too much comfort, I can see it in some LFC players displays, do your children get upset when we cowardly roll over?

Not quite!  :D

He has been there for nearly two decades though, and had the fortune to be around when Man U were reaping massive financial rewards to allow the purchases such as Keane, Horse-boy, Ferdinand, etc, and had a one-off influx of brilliant young talent (Giggs, Scholes, Bender, etc). Now the gravy train has moved to Sh*tski, we are seeing Man U struggling aswell.
Rafa has never had the luxury of managing the richest club in the league, but has still succeeded. That is much the same scenario as Shankley. LFC were in the 2nd division back then, and rooted to the foot of the table. He turned it around eventually.
THAT makes a good manager - not an owners capacious wallet.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:28 pm

Rooted at the foot of what table ?  We were always there or there abouts - not far off where we are today, only in the 2nd Div.
Then there was The COMING and Shanks saw what was required and knew every signing he made before pen was put to paper. I cannot think of ONE bad signing Shanks made although there were a few who went wrong after coming to us. He knew that any man he bought was going to die for the club from day one and he would accept nothing else. The owlarses like me cringe when we look at todays superstars. Could you see any of these beauties leaving their teeth in a glass in the changing room like Smithy in Rome - NO WAY This crew flinch if the ball is hit too hard, spend half their time with their hands up begging refs to book the other player, have a day off because they're tired, worry incase their hairband's slipped.
What makes a good manager is getting the best out of your players and if you make sure you only buy the right ones for the job you'll do well.
I've an awful lot of time for Raffa and he is the best boss we've had since Paisley but he must start showing an awareness of the requirements of the EPL. Hard graft is the order of the day.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:53 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:They ARE hard matches. All top teams will lose to a bottom-half side. It's the nature of the Premiership. We only drew with Brum cos Reina had a stinker.
Surely you cannot be serious when you say "CHELSEA as english champions face teams trying just as hard if not harder to beat them but they get the results."? They have a fooking FAR superior squad, due to their FAR, FAR, FAR superior bank account. Your detracting from your arguement to even mention them.
Regarding the "its now time for the manager and players  deliver what every LFC fan expects" - wake up. We haven't won the title for 15 years, and we've struggled against lower sides for a lot longer than that. Do you really expect an instant turn around, especially now Sh*tski are in the frame?

it wasnt an argument it was an opinion. i gave up arguing in the playground some 23 years ago.they are not hard teams at all and without WIGANS win against ARSENAL would you of still labelled them so ? as for my mentioning CHELSEA just who was you refering to when you said they got another day to recouperate ? i think you will find my mentioning of them was in keeping with your post not detracting from my ( opinion ). i also dont remember saying i expect us to win the league or anything about instant turn around so once again you have got a bit carried away and misinterpreted  my opinion. its always a good idea to ask for further explanation than try to draw your own conclusion. but ill explain it now just to save you from adding 2+2 and getting 5. we finished 4th under gerard houlier with his so called inferior players. we also finished 5th under rafa last season i am expecting a higher finish this season hope that clears that up for you
destro

Postby drummerphil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Glad to see nothing has changed whilst i,ve been away :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby louie garthie » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:03 pm

nothing changes but the seasons
louie garthie

Postby dum1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:13 pm

Nothings changed the ranting from the few for anyone wanting to discuss the manager or directors.

I'm  interesed to know when they decide its time to get worried - when Parry and his mates decide or when even they wake up to whats going on.

It was only a season ago we were all discussing the new stadium but not much chance of that at present.

I want the forum for saying what I think rather than toeing the line of the numpties who dominate the forum, everyone is entitled to their views regardless of whether the numpties agree with it or not.

From my perspective the numpties are the herd without the werewithal to be critical of what goes on but are rather governed   by blind faith, almost like it will come good in the end despite the results telling them otherwise.

Once on the slippery slope its difficult to stop the slide. What is Parry doing at the moment - no doubt keeping his head down.

As for Lando's reference to 2nd division and Shanks well the game has moved on now and its far more reliant on money and the haves and have nots so your analogy just don't stack up in the modern era my friend. Suggest start opeinig your eyes to the signals that are eing given out. When we finish lower middle what will be your line then?
dum1

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion