To all new members - Quick point

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:04 am

A lot of new members have joined lately.

Could I just ask new people to have some discretion when they start new threads? Last night there was almost a dozen threads started about the Burnley game. This is completely unnecessary and multiple threads will only get locked, merged or moved.

If a new person wants to start a thread can they please first go through all the existing threads to see if the point they want to discuss is "live" in an existing thread, rather than get trigger happy with the "Post new topic" button?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:42 am

this is a waste of a thread   :D
112-1077774096

Postby laza » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:49 am

Without trying to pour petrol here but thats a bit of advice that could be heeded not just by the new members
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:19 am

laza wrote:Without trying to pour petrol here but thats a bit of advice that could be heeded not just by the new members

Name names then laza boyo......
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:39 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:A lot of new members have joined lately.

Could I just ask new people to have some discretion when they start new threads? Last night there was almost a dozen threads started about the Burnley game. This is completely unnecessary and multiple threads will only get locked, merged or moved.

If a new person wants to start a thread can they please first go through all the existing threads to see if the point they want to discuss is "live" in an existing thread, rather than get trigger happy with the "Post new topic" button?

I'm in total agreement with you.  Some member logged in the other day and started a poll.  I think it was "Who is Liverpool's best player?"

I mean for f**ks sake?

Look at this and this.

Oooh, look at me, I can start a new topic!!! 

You don't need to start a new topic everytime you want to say something.  I know it's exciting for new members around here because it's the most user friendly, sh!t free LFC site around.  The so called "official" forum has nothing on this message board.

There are some interesting topics posted by some interesting people around here when ego's and tempers aren't getting in the way.  It just gets clogged up though with the multiple threads about the same topic.

I will go out on a limb here and say that if there are loads of topics about the one thing, I don't even f**king read them.  I pick the one that has the most replies and post in that thread.

So all the egotists who wish to make the same point and post new threads to prove ".....that I saw that point first....." you are wasting your time with at least one member on here.
jonnymac1979

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:41 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I will go out on a limb here and say that if there are loads of topics about the one thing, I don't even f**king read them.  I pick the one that has the most replies and post in that thread.

So all the egotists who wish to make the same point and post new threads to prove ".....that I saw that point first....." you are wasting your time with at least one member on here.

Its the exact same for me Johnny Mac, in fact sometimes when I see a newbies name as the thread starter, I avoid it like the plague.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:46 am

:laugh: WTF I didnt even see that :laugh:

especially you cisses gonna get yer cos you are my one and only

love you and you know you want me

raa
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:23 pm

Everybody's opinion is welcome but perhaps the manner of making that opinion known should be looked at.

If there an existing thread, on say, Morientes, then is there really a need to start a new thread on Morientes? The poster can still give his opinion by pressing "Add Reply" instead of "Post New Topic". There's less than an inch between those two icons but boy is there a big difference!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:50 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Everybody's opinion is welcome but perhaps the manner of making that opinion known should be looked at.

If there an existing thread, on say, Morientes, then is there really a need to start a new thread on Morientes? The poster can still give his opinion by pressing "Add Reply" instead of "Post New Topic". There's less than an inch between those two icons but boy is there a big difference!  :D

valuable point JBG!
I think i will start a thread titled: "a dozen threads started about the same topic, is it necessary?"  :p
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion