The Telegraph Hillsborough poll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... marks.html

Can you click on this and vote NO, Twitter and FACEOOK this to as many people you know :devil:
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Around 59% of people who have voted have voted 'yes'.
Boxscarf

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm

its coming down, when I voted before it was 78%

Keep plugging away,

In case you have read this but not clicked the link, this is a vote that the Telegraph have put on their websire with the question "should Liverpool FC be made to play on the 15th April"

I think it is impotant that we let people know how strongly we feel about this, of course Liverpool will NEVER play a match of the 15th April, but lets make sure this poll reflects this.

Please click and vote NO
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

I voted no, but who cares about this poll and who cares about what some second-tier stand up comedian was saying? Alan Davies has always been a moron, this has never been in question, all his ignorant comments about Hillsborough and Tottenham just reinforces my opinion that the man is a moron.

I'm delighted that the Hillsborough Justice Campaign has politely rejected his donation because that was just a publicity stunt. Alan Davies reminds me of Morrissey, both people's respective careers are lying in the gutter and have been for a while now, so to keep some form of interest in them and their waning careers, they decide to go out of their way and do something or say something controversial and they do this to try and remain relevant in an ever-changing entertainment industry. I wasn't offended by what Alan Davies said because this was the action of a complete cretin and unfortunately there are many people like Alan Davies around in our society, who have no respect or any empathy for the plight of another human being.

His response to the abuse he was getting on Twitter further highlights just how unfunny and unintelligent he is.
Boxscarf

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Yet another comedian whose career is on the wane decides to court controversy ,by making his ignorance seem contemptible rather than just
tinged with the arrogance we already associated with Gooner fans .

Another one along with Mr Billy Connoly who will never play the Liverpool Empire again  :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

APR 11 15:42

YES - 55%
NO - 45%
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 pm

what a fuking ***** Alan Davies is. I used to really like him, thought he was very funny and even had planned to go see his new tour this September in Manchester but you know what... fuk him. thats 4 of us not paying £25 each for tickets. Disgusting pr!ck of a man. hope he rots the cu.nt
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:33 pm wrote:Yet another comedian whose career is on the wane decides to court controversy ,by making his ignorance seem contemptible rather than just

Another one along with Mr Billy Connoly who will never play the Liverpool Empire again  :no

Alan Davies is booked in for the Empire Sunday 23rd September. I reckon fan pressure and social networking pressure can get that gig cancelled.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:56 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:33 pm wrote:Yet another comedian whose career is on the wane decides to court controversy ,by making his ignorance seem contemptible rather than just

Alan Davies is booked in for the Empire Sunday 23rd September. I reckon fan pressure and social networking pressure can get that gig cancelled.

I think his management  will cancel it anyway mate ...he doesn't strike me as the bravest fella or for that matter the stupidest to turn up there .
I don't believe the Empire need the  publicity this will  evoke anyway .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm sure people are missing the point with this a bit, wasn't part of the reason for moving the date because of railway works on the Sunday which would have made getting to Wembley a joke for everyone coming from Liverpool? There was more to this than simply Hillsborough, though admittedly even if it was the sole reason I'd have expected our semi final date to be the 14th.

Either way I don't see why Alan makes much of an argument regarding the other historic dates. Liverpool should be free to respect the fallen as they please. That date changed football and as far as I'm concerned every football fan should understand its significance, particularly in the history of Liverpool Football Club.

As for not taking £1000 I think that's perfectly reasonable as well, handing money and just expecting everything to be ok, I'd rather he learnt why that's such a significant date to our club and the city itself rather than handing over money like his ignorance has a price

This whole fiasco is the FA's fault anyway, if the semis were played at Neutral grounds and not at Wembley to line their pockets, then we could have both played on Saturday
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm

the poll is closed now.
that davies is a muppet anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Who gives a sh'it what they think anyway?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9195680/Alan-Davies-donates-1000-to-Hillsborough-Justice-Campaign-following-controversial-remarks.html

Can you click on this and vote NO, Twitter and FACEOOK this to as many people you know :devil:

Well done Alan. If this dosen't unite Liverpool, both red and blue, nothing will.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby dundreamin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Davies is a Tory t.wats like open there mouths and you JUST KNOW and he can shove his grand up his f.ucking cockney a.rse. in fact give the money to me in notes and I'll burn it outside the Shankly gates. I feel a song coming on. JFT96
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

The fact that this even got made into a poll speaks volumes for how many uneducated people there are out there. If this was some shabbite blogger I wouldn't give a Sh*t but a UK newspaper? Disgraceful IMO. You would never see them with such a poll asking if UTD should play on the Munich anniversary ect...

And that Alan Davies is a kunt too. If god forbid his wife or child were killed in an accident would he be doing shows on that day each year? I think not.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion