The role of agents in football ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:42 pm

I have noticed in many cases that agents earn quite a lot in transfer deals.

It happened in Harry Kewell's transfer to Anfield.

Do you think that's a factor in the Stevie G case ???

I think that football is no more what it was some 5 years ago. It's turn out to be a big business nowadays. FIFA should come up with new rules prevent agents from getting so involved in transfer matters.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:59 pm

no one thinks agents spoiling the game ???? ?????
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:04 pm

I do to an extent, agents make money in deals that involve money, agents do not surround themselves in what would be in a players heart, only what will be in their wallet, Stevie stays, agent gets a paycheck, Stevie moves agent gets a FAT cut of the transfer fee, no question what the agent is pushing for. Like lawyers in my books.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:no one thinks agents spoiling the game ???? ?????

FM lad youve just posted these exact words in a topic, and then start a topic with the exact words :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:19 pm

CYGGY, i posted this topic before putting those words in other topic as the same question was there and if i could i would have deleted this post. Are you also against me mate ??
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:24 pm

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:CYGGY, i posted this topic before putting those words in other topic as the same question was there and if i could i would have deleted this post. Are you also against me mate ??

Not against ya lad, everyones at the end of there teather with todays events, and agents have been disgused at lengths in a few topics today, aids is to good for them im afraid and If I knew where Straun lived I would go to his house personally and knock his f@ckin head off   :veryangry
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:35 pm

i agree.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:41 pm

i started a topic like this yesterday and got burned for it! u b4stards! :angry:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm

something`s gone on, one minute stevie`s staying and promising us we`ll see the real him next season and the next minute talks have broken down and unlikley start again.
i think there`s no way rafa would sell gerrard so where is gerrards paranoia coming from ? i hope this isnt a tactic by gerrard`s representatives to squeeze a few more quid out of the club.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:43 pm

i guess that it's the tactic mate
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:06 am

agents are parasite who depends on transfer and contract negotiations to make their cuts. at the present moment, all the big stars are contend to stay with their clubs so no big commission. At the moment, the only player coveted by most big clubs is SG and since there is a perceived `delay' in contract nego, the agents mights as well stir the pot a bit and see what float to the surface and we got another crises on our hand. what a bunch of tw@ts.:angry:
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby laza » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:31 am

Its like everything else the pendulum always seems to swing to far to either extreme to ever be fair.
In old days, players were just lumps of meat who at end of careers even if were top stars could end up struggling to make ends meats
Nowadays thanks alot to agents they are paid more money then any reasonable person could possibly need and a lot of them have turned into a bunch of pampered prima donnas who believe their own hype and things like loyalty dont even enter the equation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:31 am

Did anyone else here about Robinho's agent. He got 40% of the transfer fee.

These things are parasites and should be shot, there not intrested in there clients, they only care about there comission. I agree with players being represented but there needs to be more control over them.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:44 pm

Agents make more money out of a sale than a renewed contract.  Everything else stems from this irrefutable fact.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby maximus » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:13 pm

PabloAimar wrote:i started a topic like this yesterday and got burned for it! u b4stards! :angry:

I started a topic like this yesterday, and enjoyed every minute of it. Especially the fact that you get a hazelnut in every bite  :laugh:  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion