Agents - The rotten heart of football

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:17 am

It seems that only agents in football are like this for the most part.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby blind » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:07 am

like jbg said though it was probably all parties that decided this was the best course of action.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:32 am

I notice that the PFA have started to offer a service to it's members to replace the agents role.

I think that is one of the best things the pfa have ever done they need get a good response from the players as Agents promise the earth to the players but do not deliver on most of them. They sell the idea and get the player to comit to things that they have no idea about and that the percentages of earmnings are often hidden in the small print and young players who just want to get on with playing may not look at the contracts properly.  there needs to be defined peramiters whithin which they should work and set fees etc that would help to eliminate the dodgy ones.

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:34 pm

On a slightly different note, I see today that American tycoon Malcom Grazier is trying to buy Manure. Apparently he won't invest at all in players and will try to make money by dramatically raising ticket prices!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:42 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:On a slightly different note, I see today that American tycoon Malcom Grazier is trying to buy Manure. Apparently he won't invest at all in players and will try to make money by dramatically raising ticket prices!

:D That will go down well with the mancs :kungfu:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:49 pm

Hope fully the tune of there's only on Malcom Glazer rings round Anfield when he does a Peter Johnson on them :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:52 pm

Apparently some Manure fans who were protesting against Magnier and McManus last spring are now pleading with these guys not to sell to Grazier!

Irony, eh?

It won't make a massive difference to Manure really, and although I started this thread as a rant against corruption and money drain in football, I'd gladly see Manure fans having to cough up some more scratch to see their team in action.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby blind » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:12 pm

glazer is a very business orientated guy and does not let sentiment or track records cloud his judgment it is very black and white with him. so after a season like last year i wouldn't expect fergy to have stayedd if it had happened when he was owner.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion