The plot thickens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby padderz001 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:28 pm

I dont think anyone in challenging in the premiership can afford to play a lone striker you need support up there and with that quality we need to make the most of it.....oh and you forgot crouch!
padderz001

Postby ry_math » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:30 pm

oh yes thancks for that how could i forget him?? lol is any 1 really keen on crouch? he doesnt luck bad but he would hardly be in my dream team ???
ry_math

Postby padderz001 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:36 pm

Well I won't judge him yet he did alright at Southampton, a team that struggled so we will see
padderz001

Postby ry_math » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:40 pm

yeah but iv watched hm a few times in pre season, people say hes good with the ball on the deck, but iv seen him trip over the ball more times than iv had sunday dinners :p
ry_math

Postby Architect » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:44 pm

Quite a proliferation of Michael Owen threads....

Anyway, I agree with 'REDTILLDEAD', when he said:

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Baros is a greedy tw@t!.. Villa offered £6.5 mill o' leary was in talks with him yesterday, but they could not agree with baros personal terms..he wanted £2 mill a year! ....the greedy ****

If there's a mug at another club willing to take greedy Baros off our hands, then I'd like to see Owen return.

A £6.5m fee for Baros, would leave us needing maybe about £5-6m on top of that to secure Owen's return.

The thought of him playing for Fergie's Manc scum would be enough to turn my stomach - although fortunately it seems as if United's interest has cooled, with limited funds available under bearded American gnome, Mr Glazer.

Come back Michael and all will be forgiven....

Architect

Postby destro » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:15 pm

seel baros or play him in the prem, failing that bring mike back
destro

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:33 pm

We must sell Baros, Rafa has told him that he no longer figures in his plans ..for god sake! baros cant you take the hint!..and go find another team to suck blood from. He is just being awkward he knows he is on to a good thing if he stays with us, cos' unless he goes then we wont be able to bring owen back, and the scum will step in and snatch him from under our noses.  :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:45 pm

newcastle are set to bid for owen its in the sunday papers  thats from sky sports    cant see him going with no european football to look forward to  might be the press talking bull again  if rafa wants owen he will bring him back but im not so sure if he wants him back  we will no more when he sells baros  the saga continues !!!

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:55 pm

Cant see wanting to play for souness?..unless he can throw a tea cup 30 feet!..or likes to start a "ruck" with his own players?. :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:48 pm

No way would owen want to go to newcastle.  They are a rebuilding team with no european football.

Owen should definitely come back to anfield.  Nothing like scoring in front of the Kop!
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:05 am

Graeme Souness who was a great player who Liverpool had never been really found a player of similar caliber since (Gerrard is a different type of player but if they had played together, the midfield would be awesome), I really sympathize with him to what is happening to his managerial career.

He has such drive and desire that he has shown since he was a player, and learned under the best manager, Paisley, yet can't seem to pull it off as a manager. He would surely be sacked by Sheperd (he of no loyalty and one who has no hesitation to quickly blame his managers for failures and completely absolve himself every time) by the end of the current season. Where has it all gone wrong?

Back to the topic, we are much more in dire need of a defender, although the existing strikers still have yet to convince that they can overcome their goal-shyness.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:53 pm

I would have Owen back, he has learnt from his mistake, I was watching the CL dvd last night and I noticed 2things about Baros, one is that he missed AT LEAST one sitter a game and another was the amount of times that Cisse etc went bonckers because they were in a better position but Baros went alone, yeah he'll score goals and he's a good player but he also misses a hell of a lot and won't bring other strikers into play :(

People have often asked in the past who is best partnering Baros but I honestly don't think he can play with another striker.
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:42 am

Paul C wrote:I would have Owen back, he has learnt from his mistake, I was watching the CL dvd last night and I noticed 2things about Baros, one is that he missed AT LEAST one sitter a game and another was the amount of times that Cisse etc went bonckers because they were in a better position but Baros went alone, yeah he'll score goals and he's a good player but he also misses a hell of a lot and won't bring other strikers into play :(

People have often asked in the past who is best partnering Baros but I honestly don't think he can play with another striker.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I've felt this way about him since he arrived.
Homebooby

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:49 am

I'd also have Owen back, provided that we do not have to pay Real Madrid a profit from his transfer amount a year ago. If we have to, let it be and try again in January when the situation is more desperate for Owen.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion