THE NEWKIT AWARDS 2007 - vote now folks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:22 pm

1) Liverpool player of the year

Steven Gerrard

2) Most disappointing player of the year

Peter Crouch

3) Most improved player of the year

Jack Hobbs (first of the propects to start a preimership game)

4) Best Liverpool performance of the year

6 - 0 against derby

5) Worst Liverpool performance of the year

3 - 1 Reading

6) Best Liverpool goal of the year

Torres vs. Chelski
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:59 pm

bigmick wrote:Worst thread of the year would probably be one of mine but I can't remember which.

i seem to remember it was called:

"rafa's beard. i know it's early but...

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:18 pm

1 Liverpool player of the year

Javier Mascherano. Probably Liverpool are the team who have one of the most expensive midfield positions in all Europe, but Mascherano came and made a regular place in it. Mascherano Alonso and Gerrard are really if not the best, one of the best midfield set ups available in the World.

Perhaps Kuyt, as I really expected a development from the last season.

3) Most improved player

Has to be Agger. In 2006 he was almost a youngster with few games, and in 2007 he has become a key member in the defence.

For me the Barcelona 1 - 2 Liverpool, was the most impacting game of Liverpool this year.

Reading perhaps.

6) Best goal

Torres in Marseille perhaps.

----------------------------

I'll mention several posters because anyway nobody counts the votes at the end of the thread and it's simply unfair not to mention more than one

1) Forum member of the year

Previous years, I voted Bigmick and Bad Bob, so I guess that this year should be another B, so I should go for Bamaga Man.

But Redtrader will get my vote this year :D . Makes sense footie wise, he goes to the games and give an interesting insight, he develop his points, and it's one of the best aquisitions for the forum because he posts regularly.

Especial mentions to Nanny Red and Red37, both posters have been important this year. Perhaps Red37 is participating a bit less in the last months, but I really appreciate his input and job as a mod.

I appreciate aswell Joe's input, who says Americans are clueless when it comes to football=

Bad Bob and Bigmick and the other oldies have too many mentions for good posters, so all they must do is keeping their stuff.

A special mention aswell to Dalglish and John Craig, they're not the best because they are not as regular, but every bit they write is good.

2) Best thread of the year

The rotation thread. I like it, end of.

3) Worst thread of the year

Manchester is going to win the Champions league, or something, that appeared after Manchester beating Roma.

4) Joker of the year

The Manhattan project.

5) Dispute of the year

The thread that discussed wheter last season was hugely dissapointing.

6) Worst rumour of the year

"Rafa is leaving on Monday".
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:21 am

1) Liverpool player of the year     Torres, quality player when he is not sat on the bench
2) Most disappointing player of the year   I want to say kuyt but he has done what i expected and got worse, therefore I will go with Momo.
3) Most improved player of the year   Arbeloa is a star in the making
4) Best Liverpool performance of the year  I would have to say chelsea at home, semi final 2nd leg
5) Worst Liverpool performance of the year  too many to mention, but probaly the CL Final where benitez got it very very wrong
6) Best Liverpool goal of the year  we have seen a few stunners this year but i want to go with torres against marseielle

1) Forum member of the year   s@int
2) Best thread of the year  Rotation
3) Worst thread of the year Rotation, spoilt by some people who think shouting loud makes them right
4) Joker of the year  Bad Bob, gave me a card for nothing and managed to keep a straight face
5) Dispute of the year  me V everyone
6) Worst rumour of the year  I am fat and bald and like ladyboys, (all three are wrong, its not often someone can get 0 out of 3 wrong)
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:30 am

:D I don't know if you intended that post to be funny Peewee but it made me laugh anyway :D Torres- "Great player when he's not on the bench etc".

BTW, "Fat bald and likes Ladyboys", I think you mean people have got 0 out of 3 RIGHT,  not 0 out of 3 wrong, but I get your point anyway.  I also like the worst dispute of the year "me v everyone". :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:36 am

1) Liverpool player of the year: carragherr.....without him he would be lost at the back.
2) Most disappointing player of the year: riise...he can play much better
3) Most improved player of the year: arbeloa....think of when he first came all the stick he was getting from everyone (including myself).
4) Best Liverpool performance of the year: chelsea at anfield 2nd leg.
5) Worst Liverpool performance of the year: reading
6) Best Liverpool goal of the year: agger v chelsea in 2nd leg...not only the importance but a very well worked move.

1) Forum member of the year: nanny red/peewee
2) Best thread of the year: rotation
3) Worst thread of the year: not sure
4) Joker of the year: manhatter.... :censored: legend!! lol
5) Dispute of the year: alonso/mashman
6) Worst rumour of the year: liverpool to share ground with everton.

:D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:02 am

europian-kings wrote:1) Forum member of the year: nanny red/peewee

theres a tenner in the post mate    :D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:04 am

bigmick wrote: :D I don't know if you intended that post to be funny Peewee but it made me laugh anyway :D Torres- "Great player when he's not on the bench etc".

BTW, "Fat bald and likes Ladyboys", I think you mean people have got 0 out of 3 RIGHT,  not 0 out of 3 wrong, but I get your point anyway.  I also like the worst dispute of the year "me v everyone". :laugh:

oops yes, 0 out of three right    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 am

Player of the year: Pepe Reina. Helps the back four to have a solid keeper.
Disappointing player of the year: Dirk Kuyt. As much as I stick up for him hes not been at his best.
Most improved player: Pennant. Improved a lot up until his injury.
Best Performance: Liverpool 8 v 0 Besiktas. Brilliant performance.
Worst Performance: Liverpool 0 v 1 Marseille.
Best Goal: Fernando Torres vs Chelsea. Made Cech look average.

Forum member of the year: Nanny Red.
Best thread: Lee J's experiment with jelly babies was hilarious !
Worst thread: Who am I to say? mine are as bad as the next one !
Joker of the year: Easy, Manhatton.
Dispute of the year: Who should partner Torres is a popular one.
Worst rumour of the year: Gerard Houillier for England manager !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:52 pm

1) Gerrard for me. He's just so good, that people sometimes seem to take his contribution for granted. Torres though is running him close even if he's only played half a season here. Brings so much excitement.
2) The ususal suspects, meaning Momo, Kuyt and Riise. Probably Momo for me, as he was so great and hasn't at all been able to recapture his great form. Probably got something to do with confidence, and it's a shame really. The others have never been that great (but still good), so therefore Momo shades it, seing as he imho has gone most backwards out of the three.
3) Agger. He's become so important for us over the last year, and how great was it when he scored against Chelsea in the CL semis! Hope to see him back sooner rather than later.
4) There have been a couple, but probably I'd have to go for the away win against Barca. No one thought we stood a chance, and in reality we could have won more than 2-1... simply great.
5) Again there's been a few, but I have to agree with the home loss against Marseille... simply awful.
6) This is a hard one. I think I'll have to go for the Agger goal against Chelsea in the CL. It was sooo important and a wellworked and probably welltrained combination. Gerrard has of course scored some great goals as usual, and so has Torres against Chelsea and Marseille.

1) My vote goes to Scottbot. He doesn't always post so much, but when he does it always makes great sense and seems thought through (plus I agree with him on many accounts :D )
2) RafaDodds oppothreads were a good read. Hope to see 'em back some time in the future.
3) Masch vs. Alonso
4) Leon for opening a thread for Lakes stating something along the lines of "fill it up my good man"... that sentence alone had me in stitches :laugh:
5) Peewee vs. the world
6) Anyone started by Welsh Wizzard :D
JamCar05

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:10 pm

Player of the year : Masherano (get the checkbook out now)

Dissapointing : Sissoko promised so much big let down for me

Improved : Arbeloa and hes still improving gonna turn out to be special imo

Best Performance: Barca away end of

Worst Performance Marceille at home ( wanna forget that one)

Best Goal Torres v Chelsea

Forum member :For me its  Saint agree with 98% of what he says and he is as old as me lol

I love to read Sabres posts sometimes comical and sometimes controversial but the lad has a good insight on L.F.C
A special shout for my little treacle Bamaga makes me laugh
And Lando for telling it like it is regarding the Reds sticks to his principals

Joker Manhatton  although ciggs cracks me up with her responses when she goes into one

Dispute rotationers v anti rotationers
But i do enjoy the little freindly disputes i have with Peewee

Rumuor: Klinsman as the next Boss . Not a chance (Lakes im blaming you for that lad and if it comes true im gonna hunt you down)
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:19 pm

stmichael wrote:1) Liverpool player of the year

1) Forum member of the year
2) Best thread of the year
3) Worst thread of the year
4) Joker of the year
5) Dispute of the year
6) Worst rumour of the year

Player of the Year - Steven Gerrard. Best by far.

Most dissapointing player - Dirk Kuyt. Really hasn't done it has he and i expect Rafa is as dissapointed as the rest of us.

Most imporved player - the award no-one wanted to win when you played for a team! Hard to disagree with Arbeloa, he's having a solid season. honorable mention to Pepe Reina who was excellent when he arrived but KEEPS on GETTING BETTER. Best keeper in the league for me this season.

Best performance - Barca in the Nou Camp. Nothing else comes close.

Worst performance - Home to the mancs last week. I'm still seething.

Best Liverpool goal of the year - Dirk Kuyt's penalty to put us in the Champ League final. One of the happiest moments of my life!!! Torres goal against Chelsea runs it a distant 2nd!

Best forum member - Lots of good posters on here. Must admit i like to read Saint's posts, they tend to be balanced, well thought-out and backed up, i think this comes from being old?   :D Mick runs him a close 2nd so long as it's not about rotation or  the points we missed when we "rested" players for the games against Portsmouth and Birmingham!!!!

Worst thread - ROTATION zzzzzzzzzz

Best joker - Manahtten all the way, no contest.

Dispute of the year - Anything involving an angry Lando

Worst rumour - A handful of posters predicting a good year for Dirk Kuyt. Someone get me a needle and thread. I think my sides just split.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:03 pm

1) Liverpool player of the year - J Carragher
2) Most disappointing player of the year - Dirk Kuyt
3) Most improved player of the year - Jermaine Pennant
4) Best Liverpool performance of the year - 2-1 Barcelona
5) Worst Liverpool performance of the year - Marseille 1-0
6) Best Liverpool goal of the year - Agger vs chelsea

1) Forum member of the year - Manhattan project
2) Best thread of the year - Willhemsons crazy racist thread
3) Worst thread of the year - rotation
4) Joker of the year - Manhattan
5) Dispute of the year - Posters vs Mods
6) Worst rumour of the year - Dirk Kuyt will come good
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:22 pm

1) Liverpool player of the year

I think Gerrard takes some beating, Torres has scored a lot of goals against ordinary opposition so I'm reserving judgement on him for now. Still we need to beat a lot of teams so scoring goals in quantity is as important as getting one or two key goals in key games

If you'd said "worst player of the year" then I'd say Sissoko, as I wasn't expecting much then he hasn't disappointed me. Most disappointing has to be Pennant for me

I'm gonna go with Agger, shame is he has been out now for so long.

I'm gonna plump for Liverpool 4-1 Arsenal, where even Crouch played well !

Reading away probably, the manner and the tactics and substitutions. It was a game I expected us to win, their entire SQUAD cost less than £10m so Rafa would have struggled to pick an XI out of first teamers to cost less than that

Too many good goals and I can't remember all of them. Some of the jazzier goals have come against the likes of Derby so I'm tending not to get too excited. Gerrard's against Besiktas was a quality move, but as with most of the goals in that game, Besiktas' defending was well below par
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:53 pm

1) Liverpool player of the year: Gerrard for his inspiring leadership on the field -always.

2)Most disappointing player of the year: Sissoko - promised so much, looks like a liability, perhaps suffering a complex following the arrival of the magnificent Mashcherano

3) Most improved player of the year: Benayoun - didn't realise he was that good !

4) Best Liverpool performance of the year: Marseille away

5) Worst Liverpool performance of the year: Marseille at Anfield - quite possibly the worst LFC performance ever!

6) Best Liverpool goal of the year: Torres' first against Marseille - oozzes class and looks like the real deal

1) Forum member of the year: Ciggy for undying passion and being the only 'girl' to sustain the forum when some of us avoid the place like a plague - luvs ya girl you are a star!

2) Best thread of the year: not on enuff to care

3) Worst thread of the year - not on enuff to bother

4) [b]Joker of the year
: - Leon - I luv it when he starts those sarchy threads  :buttrock

5) Dispute of the year: its scandalous that a moderator is asking us for bestest dispute - I mean what does it say about the use of the 'terminator' button at his behest, when such behaviour is allowed ay - I smell a conspiracy on the other hand as Peewee says all those involving him :D

6)Worst rumour of the year: Andy G had left  :D
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion