108-1163930576

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:42 pm

u feeling alright? :D  :blues:
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:43 pm

oh my god. the hilarity.

Agger is the one i think we are all most impressed with this season... and Kuyt of course. But agger ism y personal fave. He looks like one that we will have for a long time. nice runs, good shot on him, and he doesnt fear the game which is most important.

Gonzales is still too raw, heneeds Kewell to show him stuff i think. Bellamy and Pennant are lacking confidence but thats all, they have the skill.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Rafa made a mitake in signing ennant instead of paying more for Alves.  Alves was worth every penny Seville wanted.  Yet Rafa chose to pay over the oddsfor Pennant.
puroresu

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:56 pm

Kuyt is Rafa's one reasonable signing of the summer--and even there, I'm not really sure we needed him. If Rafa had hung onto Cisse (of course he's still technically a Liverpool player, but obviously the boss wants him out) and given Pongolle his chance, the attack would have been fine for this year with Crouch and Robbie too (who's hardly had a smell in). IMO it would have been better to just pay the money for Alves and otherwise have kept the same team. I think we would have done a lot better. At the end of last season I assumed that Rafa wouldn't let his ego cloud his judgement, but I now think that's happened to some extent. It looks like Cisse and Pongo are out simply for being French! Furthermore, if Aurelio is typical of the players that Rafa won La Liga with, then the difference in class between the Spanish and English Leagues is emphasised.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:04 pm

I dont understand why Rafa buckled at paying for Alves yet had no problem giving Birmigham the price they wanted for pennant.  He had no problem paying 7.5 for crouch either. Yet Rafa wouldnt even come close to the price Seville wanted.  The Fowler siging baffles me in the sense he hardly plays.  What was the point?
puroresu

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:09 pm

alessandromagno wrote:It looks like Cisse and Pongo are out simply for being French!

:laugh:  sorry lad, thats wet me whistle there! wtf has nationality got to do with it. One was (unfairly) over-hyped and as a result did the best for us, he was physically able to manage (albeit not very well) given several extenuating circumstances.

and the other is a 'stop-start' (though not without talent) kind of player who, again given license, could well flourish here within our squad.  though i doubt his own proclivity to impress Benitez will be any less likely to flounder in the end.  but to state a comment like that, suggests gross ignorance mate. Look at the examples of talents strewn throughout Europe and then come back to me with the same argument.

Kuyt is most definately needed.  whether he's the only signing Rafa has made of any note remains another debate.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:12 pm

Nationality shouldn't have anything to do with it. For whatever reason, Rafa was hardly fair either to Cisse or Pongolle.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:43 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Kuyt is Rafa's one reasonable signing of the summer--and even there, I'm not really sure we needed him. If Rafa had hung onto Cisse (of course he's still technically a Liverpool player, but obviously the boss wants him out) and given Pongolle his chance, the attack would have been fine for this year with Crouch and Robbie too (who's hardly had a smell in). IMO it would have been better to just pay the money for Alves and otherwise have kept the same team. I think we would have done a lot better. At the end of last season I assumed that Rafa wouldn't let his ego cloud his judgement, but I now think that's happened to some extent. It looks like Cisse and Pongo are out simply for being French! Furthermore, if Aurelio is typical of the players that Rafa won La Liga with, then the difference in class between the Spanish and English Leagues is emphasised.

Were you born to write such absolute tosh?

You actually believe that a Robbie Fowler in his 30's and Peter Crouch alongside with Pongolle and Djibril ''I can't beat a man one on one" Cisse would had been better than what we already have?

:laugh:

Get a fecking grip on reality.

Cisse and Pongolle weren't loaned out for being French, they were just :censored:. Pongolle was supposed to be Le Gem, and he's been here for what four or five years? He was loaned out to Blackburn last season and failed to impress.

Now he's in Spain and he's scored a couple of times but isn't setting the world alight by any means.

Kuyt has more talent in his big toe than Cisse does in his entire body.

Stop talking out of your ar$e
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:44 pm

puroresu wrote:Rafa made a mitake in signing ennant instead of paying more for Alves.  Alves was worth every penny Seville wanted.  Yet Rafa chose to pay over the oddsfor Pennant.

What guarantees would we have that Alves would settle in here? Especially in a side that is struggling at the moment?

15 million for what exactly?

I do believe that Feyenoord wanted a similar price for Kuyt and Benitez got his man for the price HE WANTED.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:53 pm

I think that for one year--this one--that Cisse, Fowler, Crouch and Pongolle could have done the job. I would have backed Robbie for 15 goals if he'd been getting started. With Alves on the wing we'd probably have made a step forward. This year I cannot see how we have advanced at all: we have gone backwards.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:04 pm

alessandromagno wrote:I think that for one year--this one--that Cisse, Fowler, Crouch and Pongolle could have done the job. I would have backed Robbie for 15 goals if he'd been getting started. With Alves on the wing we'd probably have made a step forward. This year I cannot see how we have advanced at all: we have gone backwards.

I think that for one year--this one--that Cisse, Fowler, Crouch and Pongolle could have done the job.

Apart from Crouch, none of them are good enough to help us push for a serious challenge. I love Fowler to bits but he wouldn't had scored 15 goals. That's just wishful and blind thinking on your part.

With Alves on the wing we'd probably have made a step forward.

Alves isn't a winger, he's a right-fullback you tit. Unless you have a crystal ball you don't know whether or not we would had made a step forward. Signing Alves wouldn't had changed the fact that all of our players have been poor for their standards.

Again, talking out of your :censored:.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:11 pm

How can any true liverpool fan say that kuyt is not a good player? Do people know what a workrate is? what skill vision and touch are?

and this Alves malarkey. We didnt sign him, get over it. Pennant is doing fine. he is  little over his head at the moment but he'll come good. Pennant is one of our most skillfull players and will shine for us
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion