The merry-go-round - Who do you think is going to be first?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:09 pm

ok, the season is nearing its end and, bar the champions league, our season is virtually over.  Another 4th place and another title 'challenge' over by Christmas.  I think the writing is on the wall for a few players and i think the first out of the door will be Riise to somewhere like Newcastle.  Keegan will be spending big this summer and i think some of our out casts could bring in some useful cash.

Carson-10 million or swap for Barry?  (not convinced but can only hope!)

Pennant- 6 million

Riise- 6 million

Finnan- 2 million

Voronin- packed of crisps....

what does everyone else think?  Who do you think will be first out of Anfield iin the summer?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Kewell
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:49 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Kewell

forgot about him...yeah he'll be out pretty quick!  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:31 am

7_Kewell wrote:ok, the season is nearing its end and, bar the champions league, our season is virtually over.  Another 4th place and another title 'challenge' over by Christmas.  I think the writing is on the wall for a few players and i think the first out of the door will be Riise to somewhere like Newcastle.  Keegan will be spending big this summer and i think some of our out casts could bring in some useful cash.

Carson-10 million or swap for Barry?  (not convinced but can only hope!)

Pennant- 6 million

Riise- 6 million

Finnan- 2 million

Voronin- packed of crisps....

what does everyone else think?  Who do you think will be first out of Anfield iin the summer?

Carson - I gather MON is looking elsewhere, not surprised as villa can't afford to be spending silly money on a keeper - especially one as massively overpriced as Carson (sorry guys, no way is he worth more than Reina, Cech etc cost originally)

Pennant - depends what offers come in, can't see a big club signing him (wish we hadn't) and those that do bid may well fall short of £6m. I reckon we might get £3m-£4m

Riise - depends who offers, we might con Newcastle out of £6m but really he's worth no more than what we paid for him and probably less. Problem is he's neither a solid full-back or a good winger, so any club signing him will get someone who is neither one nor t'other and may cost more than a player who is for the sake of versatility

Finnan - we shouldn't sell him, even if he is only back-up. Certainly not worth selling him for £2m, we might get someone younger or better or both, but not for £2m

Voronin - two pints of lager and a packet of crisps DVD

CROUCH - some may not want to sell him, but we can get good money for him to put towards a quality striker. We might get the £10m some talk about, to me that's halfway to a Torres and Crouch ain't half what Torres is. Crouch is worth about £5m, we paid too much especially given what happened to his former club.

KEWELL - so out the door, it's almost hit him on the :censored: already!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:58 am

I think Crouch will go, Alonso, Pennant and maybe Kewell and Riise(especially if we sign Barry)

Voronin should go in my opinion but it depends how much money Rafa gets, as replacing 2 strikers might be a bit too much.
account deleted by request

Postby sworth26 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm

we wont get anymore than 3 million for Riise
sworth26

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Carson - 7 million , i think arsenal might come on for him , young and a good keeper , villa might pay around there for him but no way 10

Crouch - 10 million , Manchester city or newcastle , would take michael johnson / richards in a straight swap and pay a little if needed . Newcastle maybe for martins if not fork out 10 mill

Xabi Alonso - 15 million , I think eh will be off , most likely to madrid or barcaleona , not been his usual self in his first 2 seasons and has been poor for most of this season

Kewell - Free , maybe fulham might take him

Riise - 5 million , newcastle , like owzat said newcastle will be spending big this summer and i think riise is a ideal left back , he's not been half bad has people have made out and he's still better then aurelio

Voronin - 3 million , was never ever LFC standard and would be happy to see him leave

In

Gareth Barry - 12 mill (left back , left mid , centre mid )

Robbie keane maybe?  10 million ( striker)

David Bentely 8 to 12 mill - (winger)

Rafinha 8 mill (right back)

Lahm has been rumoured also , 12 mill (left back)
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:08 pm

sell kewell back to leeds
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Judge wrote:sell kewell back to leeds

You evil fecker, haven't they suffered enough?  :D

Can't argue too much with the names being mentioned.

Carson won't want to be moving back to bench warmer again and we can't afford to let him really. £10 million is over the top and just another case of a hack "darn London way" (said in mockney accent  :D ) dreaming up any old figure. £4-5million tops I'd say and not a bad return on £750k(?).

Pennant seems to be heading for the exit door and not before time really. Hasn't produced enough quality by far since arriving considering the £7 million tag. A £3-4 million sale would be a decent sum considering he's done feck all in a red shirt.

Crouch seems to be heading for the exit door and I can see Newcastle easily paying silly money for him - they always do! £10 million quite easily, the toon seem to have a policy of seeing what the papers value a player at then pay it, how else do you explain what they paid for Barton??  :D

I seriously see Alonso going in the summer. Some may not like it and I think it would be a huge gamble on Rafa's part knowing what Alonso is capable of. However he hasn't really produced the quality stuff we expect of him for the best part of 18 months now. Barca reportedly interested to bolster their midfield and a fee of around £15 million would soften the blow of loosing him a bit.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MR C » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:14 pm

whats everybodys favorite harry kewell goal,theres just so many to choose from.

if crouch goes for another undisclosed fee i swear i'll be sectioned.this guy came for 8 million and is now 3 times the player he was,and is an england regular.if harry want him that bad he should pay the correct money instead of rick parry giving away players.

we need a ronaldo/john barnes type player from brazil,somebody who will bring some rhythm back to lucas who is not looking too brazilian to me.
MR C

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:24 pm

MR C wrote:if crouch goes for another undisclosed fee i swear i'll be sectioned.this guy came for 8 million and is now 3 times the player he was,and is an england regular.

Crouch cost £7m, was good for pompey and saints and well below par elsewhere, quite how you conclude he is "three times the player" I don't know, even a late growth spurt would struggle to make him three times the player. As for being an England regular, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. He plays when Owen and Rooney are injured, is a (third) world beater and is a regular squad member at best.

If we get more than we paid for him we should be thankful, he's no better or worse than Emule was and we got a striker who looks world class against teams at the other end of the scale. Arsenal should be embarrassed at the goals he's scored against them, Chelsea and the mancs have the rarest of troubles against him which probably reflects their superior quality defenders.

I was worried, until I saw it was rumoured by the s*n, that we were linked with Taylor of Newcastle for £500k. What do we want with a 32 year old keeper? If we can't get a decent fee for Carson we should hold onto him. The press seemed to be keen to over-rate him, if he were England no 1 I'd still only rate him at £5m tops. Whether he's happy to be no 2 or not, until his contract runs out then he's a Liverpool player. What's the gain loaning him out so he can run his contract down? Unless we get a decent loan fee it seems pointless doing that.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion